SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klbz

Induction/convection range: making myself crazy; opinions please

Karen L
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We're doing a complete kitchen remodel. We are moving from a Jenn Air dual fuel range (hatehatehate it) with an electronic control panel to an induction range with convection oven. I've decided on a Miele HR 1622-2 and I am guilting myself about this selection because of the cost.

Some background:

• We've been in this house for 2 years and have had to replace to electronic control panel 3 times. I am adamant that any electronic control panel has to have a reliable track record. The way the Miele control panel tilts up appeals here, as well as the Miele engineering reputation.
  • We've also had to have the stovetop completely rebuilt. Reliability is an important factor, hence the appeal of the Miele reputation for quality.
  • I am a baking fiend and find the steam option appealing, but I don't know that I'll take full advantage of their M Touch control panel (although it does fascinate me.)
  • The only other brand I'd currently consider is a Bosch (we came from a house with a Bosch induction cooktop, which I loved, but this kitchen is teeny so wall ovens aren't a possibility). Unfortunately, the best appliance store in town doesn't carry Bosch any more; they claim quality has slipped to a standard they can no longer support.

Am I being a dope about the Miele? Should I seriously consider something else?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (22)