SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gra8fulgal

How to be patient while waiting for an offer?

gra8fulgal
4 years ago

Our house went on the market 7 days ago. We've had 2 showings and neither made an offer. One almost did but they were looking for their out-of-state parents, who decided it wasn't a good fit. The house is not cookie cutter and I know will take the right buyer and need to be at the right price.

I think I am most frustrated and discouraged because of people who say they had multiple offers in 24 or 48 hours for $x above the asking price. Who are these people?? Those are not our market and it's comparing apples to oranges, I know, but it's still exasperating. I have not once had a positive selling experience and sometimes feel we just get really unlucky with things we can't control.

We've worked hard for the last 10 months getting the house in tip-top shape, doing most of the work ourselves. I've made it spotless and done de-cluttering, depersonalizing, and staging. I keep it pristine and show ready every day, inside and out. I've tried to do all the "right" things. Since it went on the market, we've had 7 straight days of rain so no one is really looking in those conditions, I suspect. We have rain forecasted for at least another 7-10 days. And we do not live where there is a lot of rain!

This is the zillow listing - https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/104623764_zpid/43.479362,-114.224017,43.451797,-114.269937_rect/14_zm/1_fr/?view=public

I am not completely confident in our agent and think he should be doing more. But then I wonder if I am too demanding or my expectations are too high. Is there anything else I can/should do? Or should I stop fretting and for the love of all things sacred, just relax?

Comments (23)