SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blake_widmer

Need help with exterior color (wall + gate) to match blue metal roof?

Blake Widmer
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Our blue metal roof is not as vibrant as it was when new about 8 years ago. We are finally redoing our perimeter wall and adding a custom sliding motorized gate. I am struggling with deciding the color for the perimeter wall. I want to choose something that will go well with the blue roof but also pair well with whatever we paint the house. My current thought is to go with a light grey / off white. The gate will be built similar to the photo below with 6' tall vertical 1x6 boards stained inside of a black metal frame. The top of the wall will have a rail of 18" vertical stained boards (similar to the picture of the blue/white wall below with wood on top). One of my biggest fears is that the wood (which I love stained wood and don't want to paint the wood a color) will clash with everything else. My contractor thinks I should go with a darker tone on the wall to prevent it from getting dirty as easily, but I worry that a darker tone will be unattractive. It will be a textured stucco finish, btw. Last comment, I didn't really think about this until taking the picture to upload, but there is a lot of natural green around too. Palm trees (3) in the front yard and mango trees in the back yard. Should I be thinking about the natural colors too when choosing my wall color? Any advice is appreciated!

Blake's ideas · More Info

Comments (10)