SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamalda

Finalizing floor plan - toss the double height ceilings or keep them?

Mally
4 years ago

Hi, I would love your help on this. I am at the final stage of approving my floor plans and I have a dilemma. I am struggling with my master suite in which I am trying to layout a Master bed, master bath, study, his and her walk in closets and a patio in an area roughly 28ft x 28ft and I realise that the closets are probably too small to be properly functional and the house already is tight on storage.

The house is a remodel and the only interesting feature that I got was the double height celings in the living room half of the great room, the living room is 14x15 and the dining is 14x15 but there is no ceiling above the living room. Should I just create a full second floor and forgo this so that I have a nice large study and large walk in closets upstairs? or should I just try to make the 28x28 space work for all my needs? Is the 14x15 space even big enough to make a difference to even bother with the double height ceilings?

I have attached the section of the top floor with the master suite that I am struggling to configure.

Comments (14)