SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_46128848

What paint colors to choose for my home?

User
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello, I moved into a brand new home and need to paint as I have only flat paint throughout. I want neutral colors. My painter is going to use Dunn Edward's so I got some paint samples and am not happy with the neutrals I chose. I am going for an industrial farmhouse look. When we moved in, we didn't upgrade cabinets so we are painting them white because they're currently a brown/oak color. Countertop is uba tuba granite which I'm fine with. The colors I chose for samples are called milk glass(for trim and cabinets), shady (main wall color), and reclaimed wood (accent walls, and island). Problem I am having is these colors pull more cool tones, which is fine but my furniture is brown, taupe, etc. Not sure if these paint colors match cool tones?? My tile is whitish grey, I think that's where I am having the biggest problem....the tile matches the paint samples but not my furniture and I cant change tile right now. When my cabinets are painted white maybe cool tones will bring it all together? My home is very open. I will attach photos. Just need advice. I was thinking of going back to Dunn Edward's and picking up "fine grain" for the main color.
Thank you

Comments (9)