SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serendipityajl

Quartz? What color? Counter top and oak cabinet help?

serendipityajl
4 years ago

I need help figuring out what to do here. I want to change the counter top to something that works with the orange oak, but I might be okay painting the cabinets eventually if necessary. I am not a huge fan of the orange oak cabinets , but the rest of our house also has orange oak floor that cannot be changed , so whatever we choose for the counter tops needs to be a warm neutral and not too gray(some gray is great!) . So, what could help tone the cabinet color down without painting them? Should we paint them white? The floor and the existing counter top are too busy and don’t match and both need to go no matter what. Nothing seems to match in here. What would you do? I have access to caesaratone, Cambria, Hanstone, Vistera, Silestone, and Zodiaq quartz. I don’t know what Dekton is ,but we have that too. The counter top we have right now is a Giallo ornamental golden granite (which doesn’t work with anything else,I feel). We have been here for five years and have never known what to change. I would Love to decorate with mostly neutral colors and a gray/green or taupe .

Comments (16)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars70 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz