SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_payne83

House Exterior Color (Hardie Board) for home in the woods

Michelle Payne
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I need advice!!!

We have a home tucked in the woods, we are starting a large exterior remodel project-

I have attached a current photo of the home below along with sketch of home with the new porch.

We are planning on putting on Hardie Board Siding, New windows which will all be white and trimmed on exterior white, also a couple of the windows on front first floor will be boxed out. We are also adding a huge porch where the current porch is all the way around the front of the house. (see photo)

Here is my dilemma - what color siding??? We do have a little bit of brick on the chimney and rear of the home (more of a brownish color that red) , we can replace the roof if needed but currently have timberline weathered wood. I would like to do brown wood doors and brown garage doors and a brown tongue and groove ceiling in the porch. There will be 10 pillars on the new new porch that will have stone base and they can be timbers or white.

I am at a loss as to what to do- We like the evening blue and boothbay blue, we both like rustic feel but we want the house to pop as well. I'm concerned evening blue will be to dark in the woods and boothbay will look to much like a powdery blue. Any great ideas out there????

Comment (1)