SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bcsteeve

Bosch induction range... should I get a floor model "Benchmark"?

bcsteeve
4 years ago

I'm buying appliances to replace those lost in a fire (100% interior loss). I've spent enough time researching what I can.

A local store has Bosch induction ranges and my options are the 800 series or the Benchmark. Normally the Benchmark is some several hundred dollars more and I wasn't considering it because i don't feel the added features are worth it. Those features are:

• 2 easy glide racks (vs. none)
  • Soft close door
  • "Power Move" induction top. This lets you slide a pot from one zone to another to lower the heat rather than having to fiddle with the temp controls. Kind of neat but I'm not sure I'd ever use it?

They are offering me the floor model for $50 over the 800 series (normally $600 difference). The salesman said this: " the floor model has the same manufacture warranty of one year and it starts when you take delivery. Extended warranty option of 4 more years can still be added. It has only been on our floor 10 months. Never been used for any cooking demos it is display only and it comes with 2 glide racks, all the new ones are only shipped with 1 now.($389ea)".

Is buying a floor model too much of a risk? I generally don't purchase extended warranties.

Thanks for your input.

Comments (8)