SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
portlandmysteryrose

Gallica season 2019 has begun!

Hello, everyone! My apologies for suddenly departing the forum for over a year and without a word. As many of you know, my daughter has both amazing abilities and challenging disabilities. A number of her backlogged assessments hit us all at once, and I was so swamped that I had to drop several important projects (including the forum) in order to keep my sanity alive and well. I appreciate your understanding as well as the thoughtful check-ins that I received!

So, now, back to the most important topic of the season...(insert drum roll)...GALLICAS! Mauve and purple ones are, as everyone knows by now, my absolute favorites, but those sumptuous, pink confections (as Ingrid so aptly describes deliciously full, sugary roses) and the peppermint striped beauties follow only a few steps behind on my WOW! scale. Please share your Gallicas and Gallica hybrids as the season unfolds in your part of the world. I'll enthusiastically kick off the thread with an unnamed cultivar of Paul Barden's which I simply call "Paul's Unnamed Purple Gallica." I know, a rose this gorgeous really SHOULD have a name! :-) Carol

Comments (146)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!