In Effort to Reboot His Campaign Beta Livestreams Getting His Haircut

catkinZ8a

Can you say hayday?

Internet cringes as Beto O’Rourke livestreams his haircut

by John Gage | May 15, 2019 02:54 PM

Beto O’Rourke, the 2020 presidential candidate and former El Paso congressman, livestreamed his haircut Wednesday, prompting widespread mockery by social media users.

O'Rourke's fresh cut came as he sought to retool his flagging White House bid and appeared to mark a return to his 2018 Senate campaigning style where he would regularly livestream himself doing various everyday tasks like driving.

Between his Senate run and presidential announcement, O'Rourke, 46, livestreamed a trip to the dentist.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/internet-cringes-as-beto-orourke-livestreams-his-haircut

SaveComment31Like1
Comments (31)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catkinZ8a

And who could forget the ever popular video when Beta IG'd himself getting his teeth cleaned (barf)?

Save    
Delilah66

Yeah, no.

Save    
elvis

He was an HT darling for a couple of days. That's over. Bye bye Beto.

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

The left sure has some doozies, lol

2 Likes Save    
1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

No love left for Beta. Sad.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

You can't make this up.

Is he that stupid? It took him less than 24 hours to go back to his narcissistic videos?

Has he instagramed a photo of his little clothes all set out for tomorrow?

Going to post getting a pedicure? A prostate exam?

Can he be this clueless AND entitlted?

Obviously.

An alley cat could probably get more votes than Beto right now.

Too bad Bill Clinton isn't running!

2 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Oh my.

Save    
paprikash

What a goof

2 Likes Save    
Carro

This on the heels of his sniveling apology tour on The View. He apologizes for his entitlement, then assumes Americans want to watch him get his hair cut.

Or have the time to!

Get to your plan and your points, or get out.

1 Like Save    
olliesmom

No one really thinks he's any good anymore, do they??

He was horrible on The View. He answers questions like he has memorized the answers-to the probable questions he is asked over and over again. He is the worst of all the candidates, IMO.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

His crash was fast and hard. Poor guy and now he just keeps repeating exactly what didn't work. There simply never was any there there and the stupid stuff was and is just that, stupid.

1 Like Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

I am pretty surprised by how poorly his campaign turned out. It seems i was wrong about Beto. Maybe he'll get smart and get back to business, or maybe he needed more time to recoup after the senate run, or maybe he was always this flimsy. IDK, but he's embarrassing himself bigly right now. His vanity and shalowness reminds me a lot of Trudeau's.

4 Likes Save    
Chi

I am surprised, too. I think people are just politically burned out and there isn't much enthusiasm because there's so much time left before anything can be done. I think it will pick up again next year when the end is in sight, like we saw before midterms.

Save    
Stan Areted

Kind of sad, about the only thing many of us agree on.

He's probably not a bad person--just way out of his league.

I agree from what I've seen--and I haven't had time or inclination to look at the later entries into the race with which I am unfamiliar, but this was a big old hyped balloon--self hyped to a large degree thanks to Beto's FIL and the internet and an understandable desire for the Demos to find a new Obama type to run against President Trump--that just popped and is flaccid, laying on the ground. I don't see any way to reinflate it.

There are a few others that would be reasonable candidates, hard to tell at this juncture. There is seldom a perfect candidate--guess Obama was more than anyone, but he certainly wasn't a perfect president. Those don't exist, either. But more effective ones do.

1 Like Save    
katrina_ellen

He must have taken a page out of AOC's book, he thinks we want to see him getting a haircut, she thinks we want to see her garbage disposal. Self centered, ego centric individuals parading as do-gooders.

4 Likes Save    
Carro

Ann

His crash was fast and hard. Poor guy and now he just keeps repeating exactly what didn't work. There simply never was any there there and the stupid stuff was and is just that, stupid.

The Left has a very strong initial emotion reaction which leads to a large uptick in chatter and coverage of a candidate. But they're also fickle. Very fickle.

I think Beto's been an empty shirt and have no idea what anyone saw in him as a Presidential candidate. If you could support him after reading his comments about "sluts" and his bizarre writings involving running over children, I guess you could give him another chance with this "reboot" I suppose.

His appearance in The View was a complete mess. No one wants to see up his nose in a dentist's chair, or watch him get his ear hair trimmed.

Nothing has changed except maybe more apologizing.

Blech.

We live in a world where the American President has to face down dictators and despots and little Betashian isn't the type that give off an alpha vibe.

Save    
Stan Areted

kartina__ellen

Self centered, ego centric individuals parading as do-gooders.

Unfortunately, their internet narcissism is about all they have as a resume, neither are accomplished individuals for people with such high aspirations and the assumption that they could take the reins of such important positions.

1 Like Save    
Carro

Stan, I don't think Beto's a bad person either. I never bought him being the Democrats' great white hope, either.

Vanity Fair wanted to coronate the man, instead, Beto's hype made people realize he's never be able to live up to it.

1 Like Save    
Chi

I think Beto and AOC are smart to utilize social media. Capturing youth attention and getting them politically active is huge. And it takes more than tweeting.

Young people rarely vote, largely because they can't relate to old, out of touch politicians who aren't concerned with the same issues that they are. AOC is popular because she does relate to the younger generation and talks about issues that they care about.

Smart politicians know that the youth vote can decide any election.

Save    
palisades_

I begin to think he has a narcissistic personality as he keeps showing these kind of video streaming.

ETA from Chi’s post, he is broadcasting himself to the young people on social media.

1 Like Save    
katrina_ellen

"he is broadcasting himself to the young people on social media."

hmmm, Beto is broadcasting himself on social media, that's smart according to the left, when theres got to be at least one thread a day on HT just consumed with TDS for tweeting on social media. Beto is smart? Trump is bad? For doing the same exact thing. The hypocrisy shines once again.

Save    
Chi

I believe it's the content of Trump's tweets that people object to, not that he's using a social media platform. Social media is a tool, and it's up to the individual to decide how to use it.

If Trump wants to broadcast himself getting a haircut, more power to him. I prefer that over the crap he Tweets on a regular basis. Haircuts are harmless.

Save    
catkinZ8a

Meanwhile, Heels-Up Harris is so stunningly ignorant, she thinks teachers are paid by the federal government.

2 Likes Save    
katrina_ellen

Wow, the level of ignorance and pandering.

1 Like Save    
woodnymph2_gw

Disappointing, but I am not surprised. I always had sought, but never found a message from Beto that was cogent. I always had said there is no "there" there.

1 Like Save    
Chi

"Meanwhile, Heels-Up Harris is so ignorant, she thinks teachers are paid by the federal government."

Here's a little more detail on what she means to do on the federal level, if you're interested:

1. Assign the U.S. Department of Education to work with each state agency to set a base salary goal for beginning teachers in that state. The goal would be to get teacher salaries equal to those earned by "similarly educated professionals"

It would also provide a 3 to 1 federal match to state contributions to narrowing the wage gap.

https://edsource.org/2019/kamala-harris-plan-to-boost-teacher-pay-would-cost-315-billion-over-10-years/610391

Save    
elvis

Spin, spin, spin.

1 Like Save    
Chi

What are you referring to, elvis?

Save    
socks(10a)

In my opinion the hair and dental events show poor judgment and are terribly self-centered, immature. We already have a self-centered, immature president with poor judgment, and that hasn't worked well.

One thing I liked about President Obama was that when interviewers tried to elicit personal information, he always steered the conversation over to policy and current American issues.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

He'll be around after others drop out because he has a mammoth war chest.

(obviously, this is an older meme)

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Your First House So You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story
Cleaning 10 Simple and Practically Free Ways to Reboot Your Home
Organize, refresh and rearrange for a better-looking and smoother-running house. All you need is a little time
Full Story
Downsizing Edit Keepsakes With Confidence — What to Let Go and What to Keep
If mementos are weighing you down more than bringing you joy, here's how to lighten your load with no regrets
Full Story