Abused 12 yo Alabama Girl Doesn’t Think She Can Handle Being A Mom

dandyfopp

The Onion has morphed from satire to prophecy at this point.

^^

Abused 12-Year-Old Alabama Girl Doesn’t Think She Can Handle Being A Mom On Top Of Everything Else

https://local.theonion.com/abused-12-year-old-alabama-girl-doesn-t-think-she-can-h-1834787176

MONTGOMERY, AL—Conveying her concerns that the additional obstacles presented by parenthood would be too much to bear, 12-year-old abuse survivor Abigail Dunn was reportedly worried Wednesday that she wouldn’t be able to handle being a mom on top of everything else she had going on. “I have several book reports and a big algebra test coming up in the next few weeks, and I had even been thinking about trying out for my school’s chorus, but giving birth and caring for an infant is going to really cut into my studying time,” said the seventh-grader, who acknowledged that the intense feelings of shame and fear associated with trauma had already placed her significantly behind her peers and added that there would likely be even greater challenges to raising the offspring of the man who attacked her. “This year has been hard in a lot of ways. We had to move to a new neighborhood, and my family life has been very, very bad, especially recently. My relationship with my stepdad is pretty much a nightmare. I wish I were responsible enough to look after a baby, but I’m just so scared that I won’t be. I’m really sorry.” At press time, Dunn had expressed hope that her unborn child would be friends with the babies of all her fellow pregnant classmates.

SaveComment13Like
Comments (13)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sofia

This is way too close to reality, even for The Onion

It's going to be open season in Alabama

Right Roy Moore?

3 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

The Onion is satire, reality just caught up.

3 Likes Save    
JodiK

My bet is that one could find too many such situations that were not satire, but the realities of several lives.

2 Likes Save    
rhoder551 zone 9b-10

Exactly how a 12 year old would view a pregnancy. As if having a baby is going to be the same as doing a book report. Very sad...

Save    
dandyfopp

What happens to the baby after it is born does not matter to the GOP.

Controlling women- that is what matters.

3 Likes Save    
Chi

Reminds me of this Florida law.

3 Likes Save    
Delilah66

“Exactly how a 12 year old would view a pregnancy. As if having a baby is going to be the same as doing a book report. Very sad...“

Exactly. Imagine how that baby will fare if a 12 year old raises him or her. “I can’t stand this crying. I’m leaving you home alone to go to the library for some quiet time.” Gah!

Save    
arcy_gw

The good news is no one said she had to nore SHOULD she raise this baby. Adoption is the best option for ALL.

Save    
dandyfopp

Yes it is great news that a 12 year old would be forced to endure a pregnancy and birth that resulted from rape then has the joy of giving it away after. MAGA.

2 Likes Save    
Chi

"Adoption is the best option for ALL."

Adoption is a great option if that's what the mother wants.

Giving a baby up for adoption is not an easy thing to do, nor should women be pressured to do so. I don't think a 12 year old should have to make that kind of decision.

3 Likes Save    
Olychick

Adoption is not the panacea that the adoption industry would like you to believe. It separates children from their families of origin - people they should be with, can cause life-long trauma to both the mother and the child.

Save    
patriceny

I was adopted as an infant.

I recently found my birth mother. All I can say is, she made the right choice for me.

I am - in NO WAY - intending to say that is supposed to be a mandate for adoption over abortion. I am still very much a supporter of individual rights to decide their own fate in the 1st trimester.

I am just responding to the statement above, that families of origin are "people they should be with"....because sometimes adoption is the kindest thing that someone can do for that child.

1 Like Save    
Sofia

Adoption is the best option for ALL.

I suspect adoption is as traumatic for a woman as miscarriage or abortion.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Materials 5 Finishes Pets and Kids Can’t Destroy — and 5 to Avoid
Save your sanity and your decorating budget by choosing materials and surfaces that can stand up to abuse
Full Story
Your First House 10 Things You Didn't Think Would Fit in a Small Kitchen
Don't assume you have to do without those windows, that island, a home office space, your prized collections or an eat-in nook
Full Story
Selling Your House How to Handle Inherited Things You Don’t Really Want
Whether you’ve inherited a large collection of items or a single bulky piece of furniture, it’s OK to let it go if you don’t need or want it
Full Story
We are a general contracting firm that specializes in doing high quality work at honest prices, which allows our... Read More