SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

Looking for mid-height plant with red/purple foliage

mxk3 z5b_MI
4 years ago

Wracking my brain over this one. Locations are full sun and partial shade (have a big border to fill...), well-draining loamy soil. Shorter plants are easier, it's the mid-height (1.5 to 2 footers) that's giving me fits. I already have "Dark Towers" penstemon in another area, not sure I want more penstemon since I also have native penstemon, but it is an option. Saw "Craigsiburnie" euphorbia (or something like that, spelling is way off on that one), but ooh I don't know if I'm going to like euphorbia, the ones I've seen look like weeds - but really don't anything about this one. I am going to fill I some spots with "Purple Flash" and "Black Pearl" ornamental pepper I grew from seed (I love these -- really are gorgeous annuals), but I only have so many of those plus I want some variety.

What other suggestions do you have for me? I'm looking for foliage height here, not flower height. Although I don't want red, orange, or yellow flowers unless they bloom so early in the spring or later in the fall so it won't interfere with my spring/summer/fall color scheme (purples, whites, and cool-toned pinks).

Appreciate any suggestions! Pics would be great too if you have any to share.

Comments (10)