Big Bird is running for president.

mrskjun(9)

According to the NYT, DeBlasio is the only candidate that starts with a negative approval rating.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/15/nyc-mayor-bill-de-blasio-will-enter-the-2020-presidential-race-nbc-news.html

SaveComment32Like2
Comments (32)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Stan Areted

The hits just keep coming!

Is someone handing out free Chick Fil A coupons to anyone that will run for president under the democrat ticket? LOL

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Starts with a negative approval rating... did Trump start with a negative approval rating or has it just been that through his entire presidency?

5 Likes Save    
barncatz

I saw him on Bill Maher and thought he was pretty interesting. I also thought he would be really effective in confronting Trump.

Time will tell.

Save    
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

Looks like Trump's penchant for name-calling/negative nicknames has trickled down. I am done giving anyone here the benefit of a doubt as far as character goes. Go ahead and flag me.

10 Likes Save    
Carro

De Blasio is going to make things even more interesting. Maybe he can train all the 11 rats for every New Yorker to hand out flyers for him.

Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Name calling right out of the gate? We know who your hero is.

2 Likes Save    
studio10001

No can do, rat fans - seems 45 took them all with him to Washington.

7 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Buona fortuna, Signor DeBlasio.

Thank heavens L.A.’s Mayor Garcetti decided not to run.

Save    
queenmargo

I loved the elevator protesters;))))))

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

I know, right sunflower? It's been so interesting this past couple of years the names our president has been called as well as those that support him. I am supposed to continue the tradition aren't I?

1 Like Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Big eye-rolling, mrskjun. Trump is the king of name-calling and you know it.

3 Likes Save    
petalique

He calls his all his cabinet members and appointees names. Ditto his family.

He calls Pompeo “Secretary Pompouseo

Save    
petalique

The genius is always busy (watching tv, doodling, tweeting, phoning Putin and other dictators for his next orders.

And this:

They Thought Donald Trump Was Taking Notes, Then They Saw The Paper | Th...

https://youtu.be/mjpz70QVzdI

Save    
mrskjun(9)

Sorry Webuser, some of you on this forum are not my idols. But they do name calling well. I thought it was supposed to be the norm.

Save    
elvis

sunflower_petal(5a)

Big eye-rolling, mrskjun. Trump is the king of name-calling and you know it.

He would probably consider that a compliment.

Like water off a duck's back. Shrug.

________

Question: Should Big Bird choose a female running mate? Who would Miss Piggy be?

Save    
catkinZ8a

Save    
mrskjun(9)

Have you noticed? All these guys on the left running for president says they'll choose a woman as a running mate. Can you get more condescending? Sure, I'll bring the little woman along with me! How many of the women running have been asked if they will choose a man as a running mate?

2 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Look, what they say and do now is how we decide if they are candidates we want to support. Just let it all come out. Information is useful.

Save    
Prim Rose

Once you've put forward a lying philandering bigoted narcissistic idiot with low emotional intelligence ..... you've got no cred.

We'll take our own counsel, thanks ever so much.

5 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

This site can ban whomever they choose. It's a private business with clearly posted rules of behavior.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

Prim Rose

Once you've put forward a lying philandering bigoted narcissistic idiot with low emotional intelligence ..... you've got no cred.

What do you hope to accomplish by writing that? Civil discussion?

Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

elvis

Question: Should Big Bird choose a female running mate? Who would Miss Piggy be?

What do you hope to accomplish by writing that? Civil discussion?

3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Gee sunflower, does this mean the left wants to have civil discussion? With who?

Lue

Let's face it. Trump supporters like what he is and what he does. They are just like him. He lies, he cheats,in every aspect of his life, marriage, taxes, golf, his country, he is a name caller, and with his limited vocabulary, he speaks to them at their level.

1 Like Save    
Carro

mrskjun(9)

Have you noticed? All these guys on the left running for president says they'll choose a woman as a running mate. Can you get more condescending? Sure, I'll bring the little woman along with me! How many of the women running have been asked if they will choose a man as a running mate?

I think it's condescending and pandering. Kamala is already being asked if she'd be someone's VP, and they haven't had one debate yet.

Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Of course I could pick lots of examples from either side, mrskjun. But that particular poster appears to be calling out someone for doing exactly what she did earlier ... in the same post!

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Welcome, 'Factotem'!

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

mrskjun(9)

---------

Hoot considering you don't condemn Pence who calls his wife "mother" and is never allowed to be alone with a woman.....I guess because he's such a stud he may not be able to control himself (puke). And then there's Trump who almost always leaves Melania behind inhaling the dust he kicks up. Talk about condescending.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

"What do you hope to accomplish by writing that? Civil discussion?"

Trump lies often, so 'lying' is accurate.

Trump has philandered, so that is accurate.

Trump demonstrates low emotional intelligence, so that's accurate.

Is lying *about* Trump what is needed to launch civil discussion?

4 Likes Save    
Prim Rose

The right wing "news" media must be bombastic about the female candidates and what questions they've been asked or not asked. Talk about a silly lede!!

They need to try harder if they want anyone but trumpsters to think they've hit a nerve.

Save    
olliesmom

I can’t believe you New Yorker’s voted for Big Bird. How the heck did he get into office?

2 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

I assume he got in office the way elected officials got in office......that is until 2016 when we had a candidate that was unable to get in office without Russia selection.

How about that report of Florida Russian fix. Republican Governor. Do you believe him?

Florida Governor Says Russia Hacked Into 2 Counties' Election Systems In 2016

1 Like Save    
paprikash

^ Yes

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Get a Bird's-Eye View of America's Housing Patterns
See the big picture of how suburban developments are changing the country's landscape, with aerial photos and ideas for the future
Full Story
Gardening Guides Backyard Birds: How to Identify Two Common Woodpeckers
Downy and hairy woodpeckers have similar coloration and behavior. But there are two big differences that separate them
Full Story
Events In ‘Lady Bird,’ Home Is Where the Heart Is
The Oscar-nominated film puts Sacramento, California, in the spotlight and celebrates the hometown ties that bind
Full Story