Pathetic Girl Learns a Lesson outside Classroom

Stan Areted

Another young woman with an entitled mentality and the arrogance to break laws because she didn't like what she saw has been arrested in North Carolina, this time for stealing a sign. She later contended she "moved it" and was going to return it.

Look at the incredulity on her face when she learns she's being arrested--she tries to bargain.

At least she wasn't acting like the banshee that should have been arrested on the spot, but also has to answer charges, for beating up a person that was peacefully exercising right to free speech with other signs about abortion.

Are parents raising such stupid entitlted snowflakes intentionally or have they abdicated their children's brains to democrats and angry feminists who live in a one dimensional world?

The end result is the same.

Buckle up. Being "triggered" just makes you look like the fool you are.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/second-unc-student-arrested-after-being-triggered-by-images-of-aborted-children

SaveComment110Like2
Comments (110)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katrina_ellen

Yep, self centered, self entitled spoiled brats who think everyone should think like them. There's a lot of them out there howling at the sky.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Stan Areted
JodiK

Out there? It can be seen right here at times, within this forum.

Although, why this is portrayed as strictly liberal and feminist behavior is beyond me. Such idiocy and ignorance resides on all sides of the political spectrum.

9 Likes Save     Thanked by Stan Areted
sunflower_petal(5a)

" an entitled mentality and the arrogance to break laws because she didn't like what she saw "

Like the guys that go shoot up schools and churches?

Stan Areted

Patience, wisdom, tolerance, empathy. Peace!

YES! That's it! If only this pathetic young woman could learn those traits and be tolerant of the opinions of others, have patience, put herself in the place of the tiny life struggling to live, and have the wisdom to understand about our First Amendment rights and how to not wind up in jail, think she could have benefitted and so could others!

Great advice--sadly, she is apparently so selfish and brainwashed she isn't that far along in the evolution of awareness yet.

3 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

She isn't the only one who needs to learn those characteristics, Stan.

Kate

16 Likes Save     Thanked by Stan Areted
catspat(aka)

I was just going to say ^^^ -- more than a little feeling entitled to tell people how they should live and think going around, and it's not "angry feminists and democrats".

Stan Areted

dublinbay z6 (KS)

Kate

I agree--people that promote the casual extinguishing of human life should examine themselves, as well.

This woman, however, flagrantly violates our laws for stupid, intolerant, and selfish reasons.

I would say I would be concerned if she ever becomes prominent in a position of power, but someone this stupid and with a lack of basic control is most likely doomed to be sitting in a therapist's office one day, crying a lot, unable to function with daily living.

She's already demonstrated her inability to do that--and is probably already familiar with a therapist.

3 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

WHOOSH is right. :)

NO accountability as usual.

3 Likes Save    
maddie260

And, again, Fox news wastes time and space to frame isolated incidents and paint a broad brush.

mudhouse

Out there? It can be seen right here at times, within this forum.

Nobody in this forum, when they write what they think, is becoming physically violent and attacking people. The young woman in the video said, "this is wrong! this is triggering!"

"Triggering" means she believes the display of another viewpoint in public should not be allowed, if it causes her to become upset.

That's the issue here. Public discourse within the law (which has nothing to do with shooting a school or church) is part of how we work out out disagreements on critical issues. I don't have the right to take physical action against someone because I have a different viewpoint.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by Stan Areted
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

Stan, "people that promote the casual extinguishing of human life..."

sigh. Why is it that the RW throws out phrases like this every time abortion is brought up despite the fact that just about everyone who supports a woman's right to choose knows the decision is hardly ever "casual." Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana have all just passed laws that make abortions illegal under most circumstances (in Alabama, the law is written in a way that it is only allowed to save mother's life). Check out their standings on other issues such as education, protecting the health of poor children, etc.

catspat(aka)

The anti-abortionists who set up shop on our college campus every year or so, with the bull horns, gory fetus pictures, etc., seem to feel very entitled in harassing passers-by. Last year, I was crossing the quad to pick up that day's handouts from the copy center on their day, studiously ignoring both their posters and them. I guess I must "look" pro-choice or something, because their leader came up alongside me and aggressively asked what I thought of their posters. I told him I had no desire to discuss anything with him and to leave me alone. He followed and continued the verbal assault until I got to the door of the copy center. If this happens again, next time they come around, I will continue on, around the corner, to the campus cop station and file a complaint.

11 Likes Save     Thanked by Stan Areted
Ziemia(6a)

Pot

Kettle

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

You should report them if they followed you after engaging you.

I'm curious--you brought it up--what exactly makes you look like "pro choice?"

Is there a look for "pro life?"

Cyn--No way do I believe that every abortion decision is causal. Some are tormented. A great deal I believe are casual and that is how I believe a lot of liberals--not all--want women to think.

As I stated on an earlier thread, decades ago the information was not readily available to see exactly what that life looked like at 8 weeks, 10 weeks post conception. Women were told there was no heartbeat, it was a blob mass, not human.

We are past that now--the information is out--people should be even more careful about procreating when it is not planned, especially if they are not committed to one another to rear a child together.

2 Likes Save    
catspat(aka)

I didn't say there was a "look" for pro-choice, Stan -- I was only saying that the anti-abortionist somehow felt impelled to get aggressive with me, with no instigation, so I can only guess, looking like the old hippy that I am, which might be one of the stereotypes, he figured he had a likely target.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Stan Areted
Chi

"people should be even more careful about procreating when it is not planned"

Yep, this is why we need Planned Parenthood fully funded. There's a reason abortions have been falling for decades, and that's better access to better birth control methods. Even in the last few years, the rate continue to fall, so it's not because of better ultrasound technology.

If it were, we'd see a higher birth rate as women who become pregnant decide to have the baby over aborting it. And since the birth rate is the lowest in 32 years, it doesn't support that conclusion.

So are women just becoming more careful? Maybe. The unintended pregnancy rate has decreased the last few years, but I think it's due to better birth control. The pill is only about 80% effective with normal use, as few women take it absolutely perfectly. But now we have easy access to IUD's and implantable birth control.

There's still the issue of the poor and uninsured getting access to affordable birth control, which is why PP is more important than ever in preventing abortions.

13 Likes Save     Thanked by Stan Areted
Joaniepoanie

Oh Stan....what a perfect world it would be if everyone was just like you.

rhoder551 zone 9b-10

We have President ( 70+ )who acts like an entitled snowfake. I kind of expect a young person to say and do the things written about in the OP. Hopefully, she will mature and evolve.

Save     Thanked by Stan Areted
Stan Areted

Good post, Chi.

1 Like Save    
elvis

dublinbay z6 (KS)

Kate

Well, that pretty obvious, isn't it? Just about everyone posting here would benefit from learning those characteristics.

catspat wrote: I was only saying that the anti-abortionist somehow felt impelled to get aggressive with me, with no instigation, so I can only guess, looking like the old hippy that I am, which might be one of the stereotypes, he figured he had a likely target.

I suspect a lot of us look like, as she put it: "old hippies". Sometimes it's not a good idea to make ASSumptions.

patriciae_gw(07)

Doesn't catspat's aggressor deserve the same vitriol as stan's young woman. How about it stan? Let's hear some vitriol.

3 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

patriciae:

Doesn't catspat's aggressor deserve the same vitriol as stan's young woman. How about it stan? Let's hear some vitriol.

I addressed both situations, patriciae.

I didn't see where catspat said the person stole anything from them or punched them (as did the young woman in my post and reference to the other one that punched and physically attacked a man) and I did say to catspat that I thought she/he should report them for following them asking questions.

Do you think vitriol should be aimed at people that follow people and taunt them?

I do not recall any posts from you when Sarah Sanders, Kirsten Neilson and our congressional leaders were followed and taunting admonishing those following them, asking questions, blocking their way.

WHAT exactly do you want from me, and what do your wants in my responses have to do with the topic?

Nothing.

More demands to act or think or say words you want to hear--a perfect example of inappropriate liberal behavior.

Save    
Olychick

'people should be even more careful about procreating when it is not planned"

SO, true. Men should stop raping women and committing incest on their daughters and other relatives. Maybe when THAT happens, it will be a step towards women having more control over their procreation.

7 Likes Save     Thanked by Stan Areted
freeshoesfsu

Another young woman with an entitled mentality and the arrogance to break laws because she didn't like what she saw has been arrested in North Carolina, this time for stealing a sign. She later contended she "moved it" and was going to return it.

Are parents raising such stupid entitlted snowflakes intentionally or have they abdicated their children's brains to democrats and angry feminists who live in a one dimensional world?

Yep, self centered, self entitled spoiled brats who think everyone should think like them. There's a lot of them out there howling at the sky.

Otto Wambier did the same thing. His parents are trump supports and angry christains.

But , but, but , but...

patriciae_gw(07)

Stan, you poured out vitriol all over a young woman who took a sign. You called her names. Why didn't you do the same for an aggressive protestor who followed and harassed a person? A bland you should report them is hardly in the same universe as a litany of name calling. Stupid entitled snowflake, self centered self entitled spoiled brat vs report them.

4 Likes Save    
dockside_gw

Since this refers to Stan's remarks, it is only slightly off-topic. The term in the OP, "angry feminists" is what resonated with me, and here is why:

I got pregnant, two months after marrying, altho' I used birth control (the pill wasn't available then). Back in those days, women were kept ignorant about the most basic things concerning reproduction and their bodies. After a long labor, where I was "put out" for the last part, I woke up a couple of hours after giving birth. I learned that I had gauze packing in the birth canal. My roommate told me that her sister also had that so I assumed it was typical of giving birth. At no time did my doctor tell me why it was there. A couple of weeks later, my husband got a letter from the Red Cross saying that a member of his family had received a blood transfusion and would he donate blood in return. We both assumed it was his mother or my mother as they both had been hospitalized shortly before my delivery (found out, after asking, that neither got blood transfusions and I didn't even think it was me because someone would surely have told me, right?)

Fast forward to five years later when I gave birth to my second child. A very easy birth. Doc left the hospital and I started having severe pain. He was called back and I was taken into surgery. When I awoke in the recovery room, I was hooked up to a pint of blood. The doc told me that I was bleeding internally which was very dangerous and that there was gauze packing inside me. I told him that that had happened in my first delivery but didn't know why. Evidently, I had some tearing in the birth canal the first time and the scar tissue the second time, tore and bleeding commenced. I almost died the second time (I'll spare the details of how I know that).

Anyway, back then, women were treated as second-class people. Can't tell them much about their bodies as they might start feeling like they own them and the right to do with them what they think is best. I later learned a lot more about my body (thank you, "Our Bodies, Ourselves"). And, I am still angry that women were treated the way we were just 50-some years ago.

I see that happening now with the laws being passed taking away that control from women and treating them as tho' they are only breeders. Keep them barefoot and pregnant is now the motto of many of these right-wing legislators.

Well, no way. I will continue to be an angry feminist when dealing with these wanna-be slave masters. They deserve every ounce of my and my fellow feminists' wrath.

21 Likes Save     Thanked by Stan Areted
mrskjun(9)

It's simple. She broke the law and she was arrested. She had a choice. She could walk away or she could break the law. She chose unwisely.

adoptedbyhounds

"I suspect a lot of us look like, as she put it: "old hippies". Sometimes it's not a good idea to make ASSumptions."

The young woman who was arrested certainly learned that lesson, Kate.

I don't know what made her believe her behavior was acceptable. Glad she was held accountable, and I hope she uses better judgment in the future.

sunflower_petal(5a)

She should be held accountable, of course. No disagreement with that. I'm just glad she didn't kill anyone to make her point.

dublinbay z6 (KS)

Dockside--I was very moved by your story. Thank you for sharing a part of your life that you probably do not often like to remember.

Those were the days, HT posters. And not necessarily good days. Do we really want to return to the "good ol' days"?

Kate

cattyles

Dockside, thank you for sharing your story. I just wanted you to feel free to add my wrath at any time.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by Stan Areted
pippabean,

My oh my.

What drama and over the top outrage, calling the young woman disparaging names and berating parents in general for raising "stupid entitlted snowflakes" or accusing them for having abdicated their children's brains to "democrats" and "angry feminists".

One would have thought she had shot up the clinic, killed a couple of women and staff, as male "christian" wingnuts have been doing repeatedly over the past years.

But, no. All that foaming on the mouth for some young woman taking somebody's sign away.

My oh my. The sky really must be falling.

The effect on regular viewers of Faux "News", having for years been slowly brainwashed by drip-fed outrage and hatred, is on full display on this thread.

Not a pretty sight.

13 Likes Save    
tony jelly

There is a possible war looming over Iran: 6 responses, a girl shouting at policemen: 34 responses and counting, and we wonder why the country is in the shape it is.

Stan Areted

Personal irrelevant stories and distractions aside, it's good to know that in some places people that break the law by beating up people and stealing from them when they don't agree with their lawful and peaceful statements of opinion are being held accountable--if only in some instances.

These young women obviously have no clue about rights, about manners, or tolerance.

I wonder where they learned to be so self centered and where they learned that it was acceptable to break the law so that their sensitive sensibilities--which I suspect are only positions they adopt so as to not be wallflowers excluded from the cool group--are not "triggered." I wonder if they have any idea how ridiculous not only their actions are, and how harmful, but how totally worthless and useless other than to broadcast to the world their idiocy.

Tony jelly--I have seen way more comments about Melania's clothes and Donald Trump's tan/makeup than comments about these criminals on campus in North Carolina.

Not a good time to attempt to view from a high horse.

Reality bites, eh?

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Church lady

https://youtu.be/FuJpalsj9sQ

Stealing signs - horrible!

Antagonizing Iran - good!

/ Deep Sarcasm

°°°°°°°

Who is triggered?

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Stan Areted
Ziemia(6a)

PS: And, of course, Trump isn't self centered.

rhoder551 zone 9b-10

exactly, LOL!

Stan Areted

Melania's clothing

Donald Trump's skin color

Donald Trump's golf

Donald Trump's 4th of July

...sure triggered a lot of people and continue to do so.

Posting about a hot topic where two students are arrested with a week or so on the same campus for criminal acts against first amendment signs is not being "triggered."

It's an impotent group response and curious, actually, to characterize the topic as such.

One can only conclude from most responses that these criminal acts are of no concrn or actually condoned, which says so much more and confirms why these young woman act as they do--they are encouraged and learn from older people that breaking the law, hitting people, stealing things and screaming and/or crying or playing innocent are not only acceptable but desired.

We see.

We saw in 2016.

I hope these sorry excuses for independent, strong women keep this up so more can see what the alternative is.

Save    
catticusmockingbird

Posting about a hot topic where two students are arrested with a week or so on the same campus for criminal acts against first amendment signs is not being "triggered."

You might want to reread you're OP. Triggered is an apt description.

Joaniepoanie

Stan

"that these criminal acts are of no concrn or actually condoned"

----------

Yeah, get back to us when you've condemned Trump for his criminal acts.

mrskjun(9)

When was he arrested Joanie?

Ziemia(6a)

How does grabbing a protest sign amount to violating 1st Amendment rights? The grabber wasn't a government employee, were they?

Joaniepoanie

Trump has always been able to buy his way out of legal troubles. That probably won't happen when he's no longer in office. Mueller did not exonerate him and neither will SDNY and other districts. If he weren't president he'd be in jail right now on 11 felony counts of obstruction.

tony jelly

When was he arrested Joanie?

I think this may be the point kJun. As long as it looks like we are applying the law and handcuffing teenagers we are all in on the law and order schtick. So ease up on Trump why doncha?

Stan Areted

Deflection.

The hot topic is why young women feel they can punch people, scream at them, hit them, curse them, steal their materials, and lie about it when their victims weren't doing anything to them at all.

There are those that want to excuse these pathetic little criminals and therefore divert attention--look here, not there.

Well, look here.

Look at young women who scream "Trigger" like some little loco lemming while fighting, flailing arms and legs and kicking and screaming like a badly behaved two year old throwing a tantrum--something even my children never did, even at age two.

We have bigger problems than anyone knows when adult college students act like this. Just look to the people knocking off caps off the heads of others, harrassing people in restaurants, all because they don't agree with the opinions of others.

That's the problem.

Save    
margaux

I agree, Stan, the snatching of a sign or a MAGA hat shouldn't be ignored or condoned by liberals. Such violent actions deserve a hearty "tut tut" and I'm happy to provide one.

Tut tut.

10 Likes Save     Thanked by Stan Areted
patriciae_gw(07)

Now they don't want to be wallflowers? How do I indicate eyebrows stuck to my hair line in incredulity over this egregious embroidering? Well, egregious embroidering makes me feel better. I mean, honestly, just make up junk, over the top spasms.

6 Likes Save     Thanked by Stan Areted
pippabean,

margaux, patriciae - LOL!

Ziemia(6a)

"Just look to the people knocking off caps off the heads of others, harrassing people in restaurants, all because they don't agree with the opinions of others.

That's the problem."

How to connect the dots from these "young women" to the Poway synagogue shooter?

palisades_

Lol. Thanks God y’all are not working in law enforcement.

Stan Areted

I agree, Stan, the snatching of a sign or a MAGA hat shouldn't be ignored or condoned by liberals. Such violent actions deserve a hearty "tut tut" and I'm happy to provide one.

Tut tut.

Gee, margaux, I'll take a tut tut.

At least you take a stand against this behavior.

It's not so much the individual instances, it's a trend, it's accepted and excused.

It's the beginning of the unraveling of the fabric of civilization, manners, expectations, being able to talk out differences and accept differences.

The trend is disturbing.

And yes, palisades, thank GOD so many that don't see this as important and who mock me for wanting to discuss it, are not in law enforcement. These types of people generally are not compelled to enforce laws--more likely to protest laws.

There are those that think the ends justifies the means and hate our law enforcement, our laws, our system of an expected bar of behavior.

Unfortunately, they are legion.

They are being groomed on our college and university campuses.

2 Likes Save    
pippabean,

OMG!

Stan, you just did it:

"It's the beginning of the unraveling of the fabric of civilization, manners, expectations, being able to talk out differences and accept differences."

One just can't make this stuff up! SMH.

Stan Areted

I'm shaking my head at the ignorance of what this means to society.

We all have opinions.

The good thing is these criminals were arrested.

I hope it happens each time the little snowflakes throw their fits and cross the line into criminal acts.

I'm not surprised--people that have no problem with human life being torn apart and extinguished for no good reason other than convenience can't be expected to support enforcement of laws to people that think like they do.

That's something that cannot be made up--people decades ago would have cringed at the thought.

Now it's celebrated. It would have been sad. It would have been shameful (assuming it was not rape or incest).

Yep--look how far women have come.

Come home to the celebrations of killing human life.

Save    
pippabean,

Who's celebrating?

1 Like Save    
margaux

Imagine, fifty years from now, we can say we witnessed the dawn of the doom of civilization, all started by that one little sign-snatcher. Do we know her name so it can go down in infamy?

Stan Areted

She's not important.

It's the trend that is.

She will likely never be very important, except for her mugshot and idiocy.

I'm sure her parents are quite proud, after all they reared her to be who she is.

I'll bet she's not studying aerospace engineering.

I'll bet it something like women's studies.

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

pippabean,:

Who's celebrating?

Have you forgotten the pink lights specifically installed to celebrate in NYC when the state legislature approved late term abortions back in January?

More celebrations, from various and sundry celebrities, etc. bragging about their latest abortions. Note the author of the article is a young woman.

abortion-celebration-now-thats-insanely-wrong

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

And no one took away posters like this was done - before Trump's election?

This is worse than what Unite the Right did, thanks to all their missives to their flock on how to prep for C'ville?

Or this from 1976?

1 Like Save    
catspat(aka)

What trend? Show me at least a few dozen instances of this happening recently and I may start considering it a trend. I am around a wide range of college students Monday through Thursday every week and their behavior is, frankly, far better and more polite than when I was a college student, despite youth and immaturity.

There are always a few bad apples in every box, but it's a real mistake to take them as representing everything in the box. Toss the whole box because of a few rotten ones? I don't think so.

Stan Areted

We have so many instances of these--the young man harrassed by the Native American bully was just one--I mentioned others--not just young people and college students booing people off the stage, voting out food restaurants because they believe in the Bible--knocking hats off the heads of people--screaming at people--following them to restaurants--the legislator who offered money to people to dox young adolescent girls and mocked an older lady praying in public--go beyond peaceful freedom of speech when they harrass and intimidate, steal and assault.

Who said anything about tossing a whole box of apples because of a few rotten ones? It's more than a few.

I said nothing about tossing anyone, catspat.

If the behavior I've referenced is better and more polite than yours, as you contend, then I must say I am surprised and disappointed.

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Stan, do you want a list of young things who are conservative who have done horrific crimes? You know, run people down with cars, shot up Synagogues? Burned down churches? Do we have to believe that all young conservatives are monsters?

catspat(aka)

If the behavior I've referenced is better and more polite than yours, as you contend, then I must say I am surprised and disappointed.

First, I was referring to college students, collectively, when I was a student (Viet-nam era -- we, as a group, weren't too polite, for a reason), not me personally, Stan, so a bit of word-twisting there. Then, there's your assumption that this generation is, somehow, especially evil which, in turn is based, apparently, on a deluge of the usual cherry-picking of weird stories from Fox (FoxNews online always reminds me of The National Enquirer, in that respect, which my mother also read like gospel, before there was Fox News, leading to a somewhat warped view of the world). I'm here to tell you, from personal experience, that they are actually a relatively nice bunch of kids, with the typical array of flaws and foibles typical of the age and any group of human beings. From what I see, society is not going to hell in a handbasket, not on this front anyway.

6 Likes Save     Thanked by Stan Areted
judeNY_gw

Talk about irony impaired.

There are those that think the ends justifies the means and hate our
law enforcement, our laws, our system of an expected bar of behavior.

Unfortunately, they are legion.

They are being groomed in the White House and at the rallies of the pos liar in chief.

8 Likes Save     Thanked by Stan Areted
Stan Areted

Oh, how quickly we forget.

Just go back and read the vitriol against Nick Sandmann, who didn't even do ANYTHING--the media lied intentionally and misrepresented what happened and so many were just going nuts about it.

Remember?

But unhinged females who physically attack and beat and punch, and steal property and then lie about it, cursing, are okay. Much ado about nothing.

Got it.

Double standard, loud and clear.

Is it because Nick Sandmann is a male and the weak, touchy, unhinged, undisciplined females get a pass?

Or a liberal male would get a pass, too? Maybe because a liberal male is weak and touchy, too? Maybe he's watching Beto videos of man grooming.

But we know conservative males minding their own business standing and smiling sure get attention of libs, just not criminal unhinged screaming violent theiving women who can't stand to look at a poster on a campus.

Maybe some can't seem themselves, but voters can.

1 Like Save    
pippabean,

???

What is there to say?

Prim Rose

Just chuckle.

adoptedbyhounds

The pro life group had permission to be on the campus with their signs. They violated no ones rights. The woman who stole the sign physically interfered with their right to assemble and to promote their point of view. Bad decision on her part.

The student was unwilling or unable to tolerate speech she did not agree with, demonstrating her profound disrespect for the rights of others to have their own opinions.

This incident was one in which an intolerant person was held accountable for her own actions. That is the way a free and tolerant society works.

Thanks to the video, others got to see what intolerance looks like.

elvis

I must admit that it was very satisfying to me to see the reality of the situation gradually dawn on the perp. At first she was flippant about "moving" the sign, lying automatically. It just rolled right off her forked little tongue. Then right away, she tried to justify her unlawful action, typical guilty behavior. She "had" to do this because...

Then resistance and more lying. Said she had no ID. Later produced it. Didn't obey officer's instructions, asking what she could do about this (to make it go away). Finally it dawns on her that she's really stepped in it and resignation sets in. She is cuffed and publicly (just as publicly as she committed her crime) perp-walked away.

Priceless.

The question I'm pondering is: will she be hailed as a heroine for trampling on another citizen's civil rights (not to mention committing the crime of larceny)? That would be a shame, because it would simply reinforce her bad behavior rather than her learning some valuable life lessons.

Save    
tony jelly

As Alabama is the leading edge on this kind of thing, we should send this young woman there for sentencing, they no longer lynch people so sitting on death row for twenty years should do the trick.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

I am around a wide range of college students Monday through Thursday
every week and their behavior is, frankly, far better and more polite
than when I was a college student, despite youth and immaturity.

Half of my family works for the college here and they would disagree with you. They all feel entitled, especially the illegal aliens. A lot of them claim they were invited here by our president, (Obama) and we owe them free everything. I hear the stories 7 days a week. Their parents are just as bad and are always caught lying when they get audited. They claim to be separated for tax and financial aid scams.

3 Likes Save    
JodiK

I bet that one can find more Youtube videos with Police snatching items from the hands of the public, without provocation and while making up laws that don't exist! And that should be more newsworthy!

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

But..but..but....others do worse!

I've heard that a lot when people are arrested.

Save    
elvis

Show us, jodik.

Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

I am not going to dismiss her infraction as not being real, no I want you to bring the same level of over the top slamming to Right wingers who do so much worse. Instead they get a pass and that is what is wrong here. You might even use some of your vitriol on the president based on HIS actions. You seem to have plenty to go round.

4 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Hu-----25

With all that is going on in our country, the pathetic girl that got upset about a sign is the hill the right wants to die on. Makes perfect sense.

No it's not.

It's just one topic.

To characterize the topic as otherwise is silly and there is no evidence that's any hill to die on, no intent.

Why bother with such a ridiculous statement?

Is President Trump's golf the hill the left wants to die on?

Is Melania's clothing and face the hill the left wants to die on?

Is Sarah H. Sander's face the hill the left wants to die on?

Is Lindsey Graham's personal life the hill the left wants to die on?

These are all threads here on this forum.

Good grief, I can only assume that TDS has mutated into an incurable disease!

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

I keep reading some for calling out vitriol on other players. ok, what about the leftists who burned the young Muslims guys limousine. Or the leftist that took a bike lock to someone he disagreed with. Antifa that attacks conservatives. Leftist that promote violence to keep a conservative for speaking on college campuses. Just a little vitriol for you.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

HU-241760825

The inability to see or accept the contextual difference about the pathetic girl is the hill. Not the subject matter.

I decided the subject matter and therefore the hill, my original postl

You want to go rabbit trail to a different hill--go start your own thread.

2 Likes Save    
palisades_

Yours are utmost refined, madame. :)

(Maybe a little timeout y’all)

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Stan

"This is one thing conservatives no longer tolerate and we now recognize about liberals--they want to control how you act, what you say, they criticize you if you don't think like them, you don't say what they want to hear or you say something they don't want to hear."

--------

Funny.....I think the same things about Repubs toward libs.

4 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

So many triggers on a thread about triggers. Thanks for the entertainment.

3 Likes Save    
Prim Rose

viciousm ??

Chuckle.

1 Like Save    
catticusmockingbird

Wow!

1 Like Save    
elvis

Harry Truman, why?

Save    
cattyles

Are you sure? Do you have a source? ;-)

5 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Stan, I didn't intend to say anything else but you are putting us all in a impossible position. This is your thread, your OP, so it is necessarily going to be about you and your comments. Not agreeing with you is not attacking you. It is not agreeing and why. If a person isn't allowed to disagree with you then what is the point? We disagree with each other every day several times a day. that is why this is called Hot topics. You are supposed to be enjoying defending your position. Since that doesn't seem to be the case for you I for one will try to SOB.

AITG

Just a heads up, I deleted my post when I saw that HU beat me to answering you. Nothing nefarious(from me anyway).

Save    
elvis

if this young womans behavior is so over the top toxic then why isn't this behavior so very wrong in conservative young things?

Who said it was not?

cattyles

This thread:

2 Likes Save    
J Williams

Way to diminish a person by calling her “girl”. Bravo.

You cannot and should not ever force people to become parents. Imagine if you lived in a world where you had your choices and freedoms arbitrarily taken away just because...... now add anything: your hair is curly, you were overweight, you have freckles, you were born with a disability, you don’t like coffee or because your name begins with an S.

Maybe we can go back in time to raping and pillaging and child brides/trade of women for donkeys, oh and the indentured servant system with no land ownership.

When you force women/girls to have children you will for sure see an uptick in babies left in Walmart toilets and babies tossed off ravines/bridges, babies left at firehalls and apartment stairwells. What a wonderful world that would be.

3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

hmmm elvis, what deep dark secret have you been hiding from us for all these years?

patriciae_gw(07)

Elvis, I would love for you to say it was. Here is your chance to take a position.

1 Like Save    
JodiK

"Show us, jodik"

Go to Youtube and search "First Amendment Auditors".

Or do you need some help with an internet search?

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

I was reading an article in The Nation this morning. It is about the bad state of affairs in Ecuador for women seeking abortions. It has always been illegal but infractions were mostly ignored. Now they are not-if you are poor of course. they are blaming feminism for waking up the men to the threat that an empowered woman is to them.

Save    
elvis

they are blaming feminism for waking up the men to the threat that an empowered woman is to them.

Depending on the culture, there's truth in that. So much for the sneak attack.

patriciae_gw(07)

A desire for equality is a sneak attack? Oh Elvis.

2 Likes Save    
Prim Rose

I heard a pastor on AM radio something or other and I had to LOL at his description of female pastors. Did not know those female pastors were a result of 'lack luster men' maybe Christian, but definitely lacking gumption/spine ..... These men created strong women and that's the pool that female pastors come from. Or, as "damsels" as this fool calls them.

This guy is laughable and stupid and I'm sure he sees himself as smart and serious minded.

Don't stand in the way of anyone, but in this instance a woman with a plan/cause/passion.

catkinZ8a

Typical. Blames anyone but her self for getting arrested.

Actions have consequences, princess.

Stan Areted

Thought this thread went missing Thursday afternoon. I had hoped Emily saw my comment and removed it because it was "mo definitely" no longer about the topic.

So, resurrected? Great.

Perhaps people can now talk about the topic--I see it appears to be if not on track at least not totally deranged derailed still! Running out again though, jury duty maybe there will be good comments waiting if I'm not empaneled.

When I get time I'll look up the girl's name--and despite the hateful name calling to me for referring to her as such--calling a girl is a girl is not a crime. That human being that denied having an identification to the officer and the produced one when she realized her little game was up, that human being that stole that sign and ran off with it, that human being that excused her crime by saying she didn't want to hear the message and she was just walking by it, is no woman in the book of many, especially mine.

But then neither are girls who talk of dreaming of blowing up the White House and cheering, raising their hands about their abortions being the best they've had. Abortion rights are one thing--celebrating the act is another, and committing crimes against people that do not agree with abortion or at least unfettered abortion is not indicative of a grown woman's behavior or mindset.

Perhaps if some of these women grow up and make good decisions they won't need abortions. The larger question is, is that even an issue for people like Martha Plimpton? Making decisions where you don't need an abortion?

There will always be women who SHOULD have access to abortion. It is a serious topic, sadly more serious for many strangers than the creators of the life.

1 Like Save    
palisades_

Depending on the culture, there's truth in that.

Elvis, are you talking about this,

"Living near the border of Tibet in the Yunnan and Sichuan provinces,
the Mosuo are perhaps the most famous matrilineal society. The Chinese
government officially classifies them as part of another ethnic minority
known as the Naxi, but the two are distinct in both culture and
language.

The Mosuo live with extended family in large households; at the head
of each is a matriarch. Lineage is traced through the female side of the
family, and property is passed down along the same matriline. Mosuo
women typically handle business decisions and men handle politics.
Children are raised in the mother's households and take her name.

The Mosuo have what's called “walking marriages." There is no
institution of marriage; rather, women choose their partners by
literally walking to the man’s home and the couples never live together.
Since children always remains in the mother’s care, sometimes the
father plays little role in the upbringing. In some cases, the father's
identity is not even known. Instead, the male’s childrearing
responsibilities remain in his own matrilineal household."

"women choose their partners by literally walking to the man’s home and the couples never live together"

How about that :)

Ref: http://mentalfloss.com/article/31274/6-modern-societies-where-women-literally-rule

adoptedbyhounds

"Pathetic Girl"

Entirely appropriate. An adult mindset would have saved her from the adult consequences she brought upon herself.

pippabean,

hounds - so you voted for a boy as president?

Save    
dockside_gw

So, resurrected? Great.

Not entirely resurrected. The posts from Saturday about my experience in childbirth and the attitudes towards women and their reproductive processes, and the responses to that post, are missing. As is the same post on the thread about the Alabama anti-abortion law.

So what is it about my writing about how my own experiences have informed my very being regarding the treatment of women that is offensive and must be deleted? I had over 20 "likes' and now they are gone. I doubt that it was one of the mods erasing them. People who responded to them were sympathetic..

I am about done with Houzz and GW. It has devolved into what I see as bots (except for a few long-time posters like ABH and Mrskjun) parroting the same right-wing memes with little thought-out discussion from the conservatives (Ann is one exception). I have been posting a lot more than I usually do the past few days as some of these topics are so personal to me. But, I think I will stop. It's pointless when posts go missing that are well-thought-out. Whether its the mods or posters deleting them (never happened until just a few years ago), I find it more irritating than being able to post in the first place.

4 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

With so many missing, I suspect the hand of management.

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"hounds - so you voted for a boy as president?"

Hardly.

I voted for the Alpha male, the guy who stood up to an attempted coup and won. So grateful for his strength, and determination to protect American interests.

MAGA.

4 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

Don't you worry about me. I've never been happier. An American president who remains unapologetic about putting American families and interests first will always be my first choice.

4 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Dockside--take a break if you need one, but then consider coming back and sharing discussions with us. Obviously, somebody is not partial to what you have to say, but there are many others on there who think your contributions are very valuable and we would really miss you and what you have to say if you went away permanently.

Usually when I get frustrated or depressed like you are, I go out and work in my garden. Does wonders for clearing the head--though sometimes it takes several days of working in the garden before I'm ready to return.

Try it, anyway. Or go read a good book. How long has it been since you read Pride and Prejudice? That is one of my favorite breaks--book or movie version (BBC TV movie Masterpiece, that is).

Hope to see you later. : )

Kate

6 Likes Save    
elvis

It's pointless when posts go missing that are well-thought-out.

I understand, dockside. I learned that on HT many years ago. Hence, my posts are usually short.

Or saved somewhere else for re-posting after being poofed by...someone(s). It's a shame, really.

Emily H(9)

Hi there,

I've removed several posts here. If you are posting things with masked profanity or profane acronyms, that is the reason that your post is removed. Please attempt to convey your thoughts without those.

As for other missing posts - it is a huge shame when a post has to be removed when it is well written and thought out and then (WHOOPS) includes a swipe at another member at the end. Please try not to do that either.

Posts replying to posts that are removed are also removed, since that doesn't make sense to read.

You can review the rules here at any time. In addition to our normal terms of use and acceptable use policies linked to in our footer.

judeNY_gw

It is still sad that anyone would consider the ignorant piece of garbage trump to be an Alpha male.

Acceptable? Or is it the thought that is objectionable and only applause is permitted?

Save    
Emily H(9)

Hi Judy - I would hope you would take a look at the overall discussions in this topic and see that it is quite demonstrably not one-sided. The posts that are removed are removed for violating the rules, not for their opinions.

If there is an impression that one side of the political spectrum has more posts removed, I would encourage some self-reflection for those folks on constructing posts that do not call other members of the community names or use profanity, masked or otherwise, OR included in wholesale copy-paste of articles found online.

Related Stories

Pets Pet’s Place: Lessons Learned by Labradoodle Owners
These big dogs, though a little rough on the house, make up for it with love and photogenic moments
Full Story
Life Lessons Learned From a Stressful Move
As a designer, she’d helped others move. But her own move proved a bigger challenge
Full Story
Feel-Good Home The Day She Learned the Serenity Prayer for Homeowners
A flooded house and a high school graduation party intersect to teach some life lessons
Full Story
Most Popular Everything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
Eclectic Style Lessons in Living Comfortably: Embrace the Scratches and Dents
When you celebrate wear and tear, you send a message that your home is designed for relaxation
Full Story
Tiny Houses Life Lessons From 10 Years of Living in 84 Square Feet
Dee Williams was looking for a richer life. She found it by moving into a very tiny house
Full Story
Most Popular A Moving Diary: Lessons From Selling My Home
After 79 days of home cleaning, staging and — at last — selling, a mom comes away with a top must-do for her next abode
Full Story
Holidays What We've Learned From Mom About Home
Share cherished memories as Houzzers recall the special traits, insights and habits of their mothers
Full Story
Native Plants 5 Invaluable Life Lessons From the Garden
The garden is both teacher and healer. Don't be afraid — dig in and reap the benefits
Full Story