Donnie is game to add another atrocity! MAGA

SaveComment18Like
Comments (18)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dandyfopp
6 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Bolton would love nothing better than to start a war with Iran and with no "proper" Secretary of Defense in place, one with military experience, I worry Bolton is calling the shots.

A week or so ago I said that Iran would be the new shiny object......let's just hope it's a fleeting distraction.

3 Likes Save    
tony jelly

The plan is to intimidate so that Iran makes the first move thereby making the US the victim.

4 Likes Save    
maifleur01

I have read too many of my husband's spy thrillers. There should be no way that number of ships could have had bombs planted on them unless security looked the other way. It would be hard enough to place bombs on a couple of ships but not that many. It has many earmarks as a planned attack to rally the populace for a war against Iran or any other country. As quickly as the word Iran was spread if that government did order the bombs placed our government should have taken steps to prevent them. Think about why they did not.

2 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Bolton must be thrilled — an Iranian wag-the-dog.

2 Likes Save    
pippabean,

If we will have a war with Iran will entirely depend on the man-child in the WH thinking a distraction might be helpful to him that day.

Trumpsters, ya'll like trumpski playing "commander in chief", playing russian roulette?

1 Like Save    
freeshoesfsu

He'll kill millions for his ego

4 Likes Save    
tony jelly

No pippa, he will have the backing of the Saudi's and the Israeli's, your Russia jokeski is off the mark.

Save    
Joaniepoanie

Will a war win him re-election? Or maybe it will just make oodles of money for reverse-billionaire Brokahontas. It won't happen unless there's something in it for him.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Bolton will take the US to war with Iran in a heartbeat. I'm worried there are no adults left in the room to stop him.

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Who in the bunch of advisors to Trump have a real military career? (Bolton did the reserve thing to avoid the draft so he doesn't.)

PS: Sec of Defense is Acting; some guy with 30 years at Boeing

2 Likes Save    
pippabean,

tony,

Didn't mean it in the way you read it (understandably so). Sorry. I just call him trumpski out of habit and with (lower case) "russian roulette", I just meant to say that he's playing with fire, taking stupid risks, all the while thinking that he is in control....

Of course you're spot on about the Saudis and Israel.

As posted above, I worry he wants to provoke Iran into doing something foolishly aggressive that (in his and his supporter's mind) will demand retaliation. We might just slide into another idiotic war.... sigh.

1 Like Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

This is a very serious topic with the potential for US service personnel to die for the egos of elected officials.

3 Likes Save    
tony jelly

It looks like the incident being used to ramp up this situation is an attack on two Saudi oil tankers. As the Onion puts it: John Bolton says. "An attack on Saudi Arabia is an attack on ALL Americans."

Save    
blfenton

"..... the current deployment had been scheduled as part of an on-going mission), but the way it was presented was: In a statement, National Security Adviser John Bolton called it “a clear and unmistakable message to the Iranian regime that any attack on United States interests or on those of our allies will be met with unrelenting force.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2019/05/europe-us-escalation-iran-iraq-war/589588/

Just don't start a war on my account. And since when did trump care about the allies or actually, perhaps they've been redefined as Russia and North Korea.

Save    
woodnymph2_gw

All the adults with military experience and balanced judgement who might have restrained Trump or Bolton have left the White House, alas.

Trump is so desperate that he will do anything to aid what he thinks will distract from his financial and legal worries.

Meanwhile, Russia and China are gloating....

Save    
tryingtounderstand

Just don’t get it, Trump says he hopes us will not go to war with iran, But is worried about the intent of his advisers. Question, who is in charge of the White House?

Save    
dandyfopp

I didn't want the war, OK? Bolton wanted the war, I didn't want the war. And people told me, people were saying the war is a great idea, everyone was saying it OK And so I never wanted the war but we got the best bombers in the world. Beautiful, powerful bombers. And those bombers are the most patriotic bombers ever.

Save    

Related Stories

Most Popular The Inevitable Future of Drones Around Your Home
As Google joins the push for airborne deliveries, it seems only a matter of time before neighborhoods are buzzing with drones. Is that OK?
Full Story
Moving Downsizing Help: How to Edit Your Belongings
Learn what to take and what to toss if you're moving to a smaller home
Full Story
Your First House 14 Things You Need to Start Doing Now for Your Spouse’s Sake
You have no idea how annoying your habits at home can be. We’re here to tell you
Full Story
Life Overnight Guests Coming? How to Be a Great Host
Ensure a good time for all — including yourself — by following these steps for preparing for and hosting houseguests
Full Story
Features 9 Real Ways You Can Help After a House Fire
Suggestions from someone who lost her home to fire — and experienced the staggering generosity of community
Full Story
Most Popular Interior Design Trends Expected to Take Hold in 2018
Get the lowdown on the colors, materials and other design decisions gaining steam now
Full Story
Bathroom Workbook 10 Things to Ask Your Contractor Before You Start Your Project
Ask these questions before signing with a contractor for better communication and fewer surprises along the way
Full Story
Trending Now Trending Now: 10 Ideas From Popular New Kitchens on Houzz
Contrasting cabinets, oversize pendants and custom range hoods turn up the heat in these ideabook-worthy kitchens
Full Story
Most Popular Your Guide to a Smooth-Running Construction Project
How to save time, money and your sanity when building new or remodeling
Full Story