Wayne is going down the drain

Annie Deighnaugh

Seems all your good NRA dues and fees you've been paying every time you buy a gun have gone to a good cause...good for wayne that is.

Amid anxiety over falling revenue and mounting legal trouble has come news that the gun group’s longtime chief executive, Wayne LaPierre, billed $275,000 for purchases at the Zegna luxury men’s wear boutique in Beverly Hills. Its largely ceremonial president, Oliver L. North, had a contract worth millions of dollars a year. And a litany of payments benefited prominent officials, like the $60,000 for advertising on a TV show featuring the rock musician and N.R.A. board member Ted Nugent....

In addition to his Beverly Hills wardrobe purchases, Mr. LaPierre, who earns more than $1.4 million a year, billed $267,000 in personal expenses, including flights and limousine service for trips to the Bahamas, Florida, Nevada, Budapest and an Italian lake resort, the leaked documents show. He even arranged for Ackerman to pay an intern’s rent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/14/us/nra-finances-executives-board-members.html

I guess it's not enough to be used as a money funnel from the russians to the candidates, but you have to dress well to do it....maybe he got fashion advice from manafort...y'know the guy with the ostrich jacket...

SaveComment7Like6
Comments (7)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

It's a racket and has been for a long while. NRA has been basically a front for the gun manufacturers. It would be nice to see these guys get their comeuppance.

9 Likes Save    
Jane

awww, too bad Wayne

Too bad NRA

2 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Yeah, I bet he's sorry now that Hillary wasn't elected ... hate for the president was keeping them in business.

1 Like Save    
HU9999

What a shocker! Oh wait, no it's not. They're clearly a dirty organization.

I wonder if those that paid dues feel suckered? Nah, probably not. Like the ones that gave money to build the wall. Cognitive dissonance is strong!

2 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Sounds like a good idea to me!

Kate

Save    
dockside_gw

My nephew wrote a check to the NRA and sent it to them in their postage-prepaid envelope. He posted it on Facebook before sending it off. It read:

Blacked out address. "Pay to the order of the NRA. $ None Thoughts and Prayers Dollars. A scribble signature and Memo: For Wayne's problems.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

So who is this young intern and why were they paying her rent? Enquiring minds want to know

:)

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Housekeeping 10 Things You Shouldn’t Flush Down the Toilet
Heed this professional advice on what should not go down the toilet and how to unclog a toilet
Full Story
Life 12 Go-To Hosting Tips for Introverts
Party prep is even more important when you’re an introvert. Try these tricks to dial down the stress and have more fun
Full Story
Downsizing Edit Keepsakes With Confidence — What to Let Go and What to Keep
If mementos are weighing you down more than bringing you joy, here's how to lighten your load with no regrets
Full Story
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More