SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snowconey

Help! concrete slab with wood inlay??

snowconey
4 years ago
Hi! I need your help, please!! I bought my house a couple of years ago and have not made it a priority to fix the patio… I have a covered patio and the previous homeowner only put concrete on half of it, I’m not really sure why. But half of the patio is concrete and the other half is about 18 inches down (so they are uneven) and in this section there is a mix of dirt, concrete blocks/pavers and some railroad ties (with the rebar still sticking out). I am looking to extend the patio so that all of the covered area is the same height and a solid surface. I am currently unemployed so, unfortunately, hiring a professional is out of the question but it is quickly becoming necessary to fix this issue because my toddler keeps (almost) hurting himself and it’s only a matter of time. I have some old wood around the house from previous building projects so what I’m really wanting to do is figure out if I can save some money on concrete by using the wood as large inlays in the concrete. I have looked all over for information on how to do this, if it’s even possible and can’t find the answers I’m looking for. I’ve done quite a bit with wood but I’m no expert and I’ve never attempted anything with concrete so this will be a first for me.

Comments (6)