SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lec5848

Bathroom Remodel - Storage Debate

Lauren
4 years ago

We are in the process of converting our under the stairs closet into a half-bath (toilet & sink). I am stuck on what type of shelving/storage to use. I'll post the drawing of the bathroom I used for the permit (scale is 1 square = 6in). I placed a red "pin" on where the shelving/storage will go. The line drawn where the pin is, is an air vent so it will most likely need to stay. Please excuse the junk - these are the best pictures I have on hand. The sink will be positioned directly in front of the door - so toilet to left & storage on right. It is a 17in sink so there's plenty of room to get by.

I am looking for advice on what type of storage to use. Cabinets, open shelves, or a combination. We have other storage in our house, but we are hoping to not lose all of the storage space from this closet reno. But also do not want it to feel cramped.

I will post pictures of the fixtures in the comments. We will have beadboard from floor to about 4ft (painted cotton knit white) and the floor will be a medium wood color, continued from the hallway.

Comments (6)