Lindsey Graham pushing to declassify key 'document' on Steele dossier

Carro

I love Lindsey 2.0.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/graham-announces-new-proposed-asylum-law-changes-details-response-to-bombshell-fbi-revelations

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham exclusively told "Sunday Morning Futures" that he is working to declassify a sensitive "document" that definitively proves that authorities knew the Steele dossier -- which the FBI used to justify the secret surveillance of a former Trump aide -- lacked any substantial independent corroboration.

Graham also previewed legislation he will introduce on Wednesday to halt what he called the "perfect storm" of illegal immigration that now constitutes an "invasion" at the southern border, and predicted that "90 percent of illegal immigration" from Central America would soon come to an end under his plan.

"There's a document that's classified that I'm gonna try to get unclassified that takes the dossier -- all the pages of it -- and it has verification to one side," Graham told anchor Maria Bartiromo. "There really is no verification, other than media reports that were generated by reporters that received the dossier."

Graham added: "So, the bottom line is the dossier has never been independently confirmed. It was used to get a warrant. They knew the author of the dossier was on the Democrat Party payroll. He hated Trump; they got the warrant anyway. Most Americans should be very upset about that. I'm very upset about it. And we're going to get to the bottom of it."

SaveComment36Like6
Comments (36)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Lindsey has already reached the bottom "of it".

He also appears to be reaching for Mitch's job.

Save    
elvis

He also appears to be reaching for Mitch's job.

Whether or not that's true, it's irrelevant. Let's keep peeling back the layers of this very stinky onion.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Carro
Carro

The more we peel, the more frightened and desperate the Dems become. Pelosi thinks it's funny to threaten Republicans, Trump's family and his administration with jail.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Nothing inside Lindsey's particular onion but an onion. The trump garlic now has 20 cloves being investigated, a real nose holder.

3 Likes Save    
elvis

Carro

The more we peel, the more frightened and desperate the Dems become.

Well, to be fair, I'm sure some libs are awakened to both the facts and the (disappointing) possibilities of what the investigations are/will bring to light, and will move on as circumstances dictate.

There was mass hysteria after the 2016 election, and I suspect it will take some time to accept the new information. Shrug. Human nature.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Carro
woodnymph2_gw

Carro-- "I love Lindsey." I doubt you would if you lived here in SC. If ever there was a turn-coat he is one.

Save    
Carro

woodnymph, that's why I say Lindsey 2.0 when referring to some of the things he's doing, but not all.

I think he was waving whichever way the wind blew when Trump first got elected, but I've seen him step up and really put it on the line of late.

I believe you as a SC'ian.

WONDERFUL state.

3 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

Carro, Thanks for posting this! I'll bet the document is the one "unearthed" and reported on by John Solomon in The Hill. I started a thread on it last week, and posters quickly tried to dismiss it. The narrative included claims everyone already knew the dossier was political, that it didn't play a "pivotal" role, and that Solomon didn't specifically name the House and Senate investigators he talked to, as if that somehow made his sources unreliable.

Solomon wrote If ever there were an admission that taints the FBI’s secret warrant to surveil Donald Trump’s campaign, it sat buried for more than 2 1/2 years in the files of a high-ranking State Department official.

Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Kathleen Kavalec’s written account of her Oct. 11, 2016, meeting with FBI informant Christopher Steele shows the Hillary Clinton campaign-funded British intelligence operative admitted that his research was political and facing an Election Day deadline.

Sounds as though this official notified the FBI of her concerns before it got the warrant, and her notes on the matter remained in her files. Another piece of information the American people were never supposed to see. I hope Graham is successful in getting it declassified, and released to the public.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/442592-steeles-stunning-pre-fisa-confession-informant-needed-to-air-trump-dirt

3 Likes Save     Thanked by Carro
Joaniepoanie

Sorry.....don't/won't believe anything coming out of this administration. Everyone is peddling what Trump wants peddled, and we know he's corrupt and the biggest liar there is.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

"Lindsey Graham pushing to declassify key 'document' on Steele dossier"

What is taking him so long?

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Who is he " pushing" ?

3 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Sorry.....don't/won't believe anything coming out of this administration."

No problem, Jonieponie. You get to figure out what makes sense to you. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

3 Likes Save    
anitamo(5)

Why doesn't he ask Trump to declassify it? Seems it would be something Trump will be willing to do, if it sheds light on the fact that the Democrats we're breaking any laws.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

Perhaps the president doesn't think it's in the best interest of the country.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

Now that' s funny...........

2 Likes Save    
elvis

You think? I dunno, a president willing to take as much nonsense as he has must truly love this country. I believe that, chase.

5 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

I agree, Elvis.

President Trump has unbelievable fortitude and determination and focus to do what he said he's do, despite illegal attempts to discredit him and take him out of office.

Absolutely, I believe he loves this country.

I'm glad he does, and I'm glad he's a DOER.

I will be interested to find out what Senator Graham is attempting to release--everything.

2 Likes Save    
kaych

elvis

Perhaps the president doesn't think it's in the best interest of the country.

I agree, but must add; "at this time" or "yet". I'm still hopeful that all the dirty deeds, (even though there are sooooo many) will eventually be exposed to the sunlight.

1 Like Save    
elvis

What I was getting at, Kay, is that perhaps the president is putting the interests of the country first in that some of that information may well be seriously damaging to the confidence of the American people. I don't believe Trump is seriously worried about himself as an individual.

It's obvious to many that there is a large segment of folks out there who are emotionally fragile right now, and too many revelations may be very, very difficult for them to cope with.

Trump complains a lot, but I suspect that's just a personality thing. I do believe that his primary concern is the to uphold the Constitution, thus serving the best interest of this democratic republic. I really don't believe he is overly concerned with being perceived as a wonderful human being. IOW, I don't believe he is self-serving at all. The nonsense he has had to put up with simply wouldn't be worth his incredible sacrifice.

3 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Amen, Elvis.

I completely agree with you.

I get it.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

There isn't one single altruistic bone in Trump's body. He isn't worried about himself as an individual in this regard, he is worried ( or likely knows) that it was obtained legally and will blow his whole deep state argument out of the water.

That's what he cares about...keeping up the narrative.

Save    
elvis

And you know this how?

Save    
chase_gw

Same way you know " that his primary concern is the ( sic ) to uphold the Constitution, thus serving the best interest of this democratic republic."

1 Like Save    
elvis

Ah. Well, the difference I see is that I'm more willing to be optimistic and look for the best, whereas you are doom and gloom and looking for the worst. Mind you, I'll keep my healthy attitude, thank you very much!

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Carro
chase_gw

That is the difference, I agree..........you see Trump as the best American can be. Most don't..

1 Like Save    
heri _ cles

"So, the bottom line is the dossier has never been independently
confirmed. It was used to get a warrant. They knew the author of the
dossier was on the Democrat Party payroll. He hated Trump; they got the
warrant anyway. Most Americans should be very upset about that. I'm very
upset about it. And we're going to get to the bottom of it."

The Steele Dossier was a series of intelligence reports that in sum, caused the FBI to take notice. It was not something in isolation. The FBI was on to Carter Page , a suspected Russian spy traveling to Russia, and were aware of numerous contacts between Russian agents and Trump campaign officials, Trump family members ,Trump's attorney and other Trump associates .

What the Mueller Report Says About Russian Contacts

Save    
Carro

That is the difference, I agree..........you see Trump as the best American can be. Most don't..

AMERICANS see themselves as individuals, responsible for their own actions, successes and failures. We don't look to government. We look to ourselves.

1 Like Save    
Carro

Funny how so many libs and Dems hung onto Trump's coattails in order to benefit from his largess. Now, they don't want to talk about all the good deeds he's done and people he's helped.

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Elvis

"believe that his primary concern is the to uphold the Constitution"

-------

I nearly choked on my lunch. What universe do you live in? Trump and his band of corrupt Republicans have ignored the Constitution since January 20, 2017.

Save    
Joaniepoanie

Carro......please cite examples of all the good deeds Trump has done and people he has helped. I haven't seen any, unless you count hiring foreign workers instead of Americans for his properties, and he and Ivanka having their products made in China. Or maybe you're referring to all the people that graduated from "Trump University."

Save    
kaych

elvis

What I was getting at, Kay, is that perhaps the president is putting the interests of the country first in that some of that information may well be seriously damaging to the confidence of the American people. I don't believe Trump is seriously worried about himself as an individual.

It's obvious to many that there is a large segment of folks out there who are emotionally fragile right now, and too many revelations may be very, very difficult for them to cope with.

Trump complains a lot, but I suspect that's just a personality thing. I do believe that his primary concern is the to uphold the Constitution, thus serving the best interest of this democratic republic. I really don't believe he is overly concerned with being perceived as a wonderful human being. IOW, I don't believe he is self-serving at all. The nonsense he has had to put up with simply wouldn't be worth his incredible sacrifice.

I agree with all that too elvis. We know so much more now than what we did in mid-2016 & it has been revealed bit by bit & not all at once, where it would have been devastating & far too much for the country to deal with peacefully.

I believe there is still more that will be revealed & some that won't, not to protect President Trump, but to protect the country & the constitution.

Finding a balance between upholding the law so we are not seen as having a 2-tiered justice system vs. those that seek power (at any cost, constitution be damned) that could very likely IMO start another civil war, is not an easy one to find. Certainly not one I envy having to determine.

I think the difference between what you were commenting on ("Perhaps the president doesn't think it's in the best interest of the country.") & my reply to it ("I agree, but must add; "at this time" or "yet". I'm still hopeful that all the dirty deeds, (even though there are sooooo many) will eventually be exposed to the sunlight.") is in the word "some" (of your reply to my reply).

You, from what I understand was speaking about the 'some' that will most likely be withheld for the good of the country & the constitution, whereas I was speaking about the 'some' that will yet be revealed for the good of the country & the constitution.

As I said, it will have to be a carefully considered balance, & one I don't envy having to determine. Also, timing so as to not be exposed all at once (as has happened thus far) is what I meant by "yet". ETA- timing also so that it won't interfere with ongoing investigations.

2 Likes Save    
kaych

Joaniepoanie

Carro......please cite examples of all the good deeds Trump has done and people he has helped. I haven't seen any

1 Like Save    
kaych

Need more?

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Whoa, I agree with your first sentence Elvis....otherwise, he ain't nothing but a hound dog...

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

....I would like to add that I hope he holds true to his past "stupid wars" attitude, that may be his saving grace.

Save    
elvis

I nearly choked on my lunch

So close.

Save    
We create beautiful, bespoke kitchens and bathroom designs that proudly feature a signature, understated... Read More