SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kasey_wopperer25

Landscape Overhaul

Kasey Wopperer
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

This is the front of our house when we bought it (in the comments). We've owned it for four years now and never loved the look of the front. I came home one day three years ago and my husband had pulled out everything from the left window over to the driveway and we have failed for three years now to make it look nice. We've struggled with not having a front door and the fact that my husband hates the look of hedges (loves boxwoods though). This year we finally pulled the trigger and got a landscape architect and lighting company but I'm not loving the initial drawings. In his defense he had little guidance from us. But, he only allows one revision so I wanted to give him the perfect picture of what we want to go off of. I was hoping people could give advice and also post pictures of the front of their homes! We want a good mix of flowers but also green which will stay in the winter and is good for Christmas lights. Everything I see is either too much green or too little green. I want to keep it somewhat traditional with mostly white flowers. I love roses and hydrangeas. We have two hydrangeas in the front now that we're here when we bought the house that have only had two blooms in four years no matter what I do to them so I'm worried about putting more hydrangeas in the same bed. We live in Western NY I think zone 6a so bonus points if you are from near that zone. I have been wanting to send the landscaper a picture of what we want but I can't find the right picture.Thanks in advance for your help!!Edit to include: what we mainly did not like about the first drawing was the complete lack of foundation plants that would have any green in the winter. Also I think our house faces west (it is on the east side of the street so I think that means it faces west, sorry I'm new to this).

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals