SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lssqueeze

Need Serious Curb Appeal Help

Suzieque
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We bought this house last year. As much as we love the house, the approach is, in our opinion, awful. Behind those short green bushes are a few zebra grass plants that grow quite tall - that helps a bit but really not much).

This area gets sun until about mid-afternoon. We're going to buy some colorful annuals to put in and are also very willing to rip out any/all of the perennials and start fresh. I'm kind of at a loss as to where to start and where to place things to make the best use of various heights of plant, colors, blooming time, etc.

We are in Zone 6a ((MA/NH).

Thoughts? Is anyone willing to do a mock-up? I'm pretty flummoxed at this point. Also, thoughts about the porch? We've no idea why those faucets are there but they're non-working and can't be removed. Shall we put a couple of chairs with a plant in between? A table? And we do know that the tall part to the left is very plain, with that tiny window, but nothing (that we know of) can really be done about that. The gray spot is just where I've blocked out our house number). The back side of our house is where we spend all of our time but would really like the front to look casually inviting.

Thanks SO much for any help

Comments (4)