SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chimacalgal

How many knockout roses would you put here?

CJ Mac
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Zone 7B, Alabama

Transplanted a nice healthy camellia to this area in the Fall. Kept it alive over the winter by covering with freeze cloth--and then our neighbors hired some lawn/landscape guys to remove 2 large hollies from the corners of their house (shown below) who proceeded to dump one of them directly on top of our camellia, killing it.

:-(

My husband misses the knockout roses we had in our backyard that our neighbor on our other side objected to and we removed to keep the peace. Hubby would like us to plant some at this spot in the front. My question is how many do you think would look good here? The property line is right along the masonry wall: would love to bring attention away from that bare, rocky area above it that doesn't seem to bother those neighbors at all.

Last year we removed confederate jasmine and honeysuckle all along our side of the wall. The intention was to let the grass grow back and make that area easier to maintain. Will 3 or so roses cause any problems you can think of? Not being gardeners, we always discover after a project that there were consequences we hadn't foreseen (i.e., creating too much shade that kills the bermuda grass).

Appreciate your help!

Comments (17)

Sponsored