SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maire_cate

Recommendations for a new quiche pan?

maire_cate
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We're taking several quiches and a fruit tart to my son's home this weekend. My daughter-in-law had her first child last month so this is her first Mother's Day. Her Mother and various siblings from both sides will join in the celebration.

I don't usually bother baking my crust before filling it and my quiches always come out fine. I'd rather not use my pie pans - they're either Pyrex or deep dish but I only have one quiche pan and I think I'll splurge and buy 2 more.

Does anyone here have a favorite - form and function are both important here. There are so many to choose from - stoneware, metal, glass, ceramic and even silicone. I'll stop by Sur La Table and Williams Sonoma tomorrow and hopefully find something suitable. I can even order a pretty blue Le Creuset stoneware from Amazon and have it delivered tomorrow.

I honestly don't know if one material is better suited - Emile Henry loves their clay from Burgundy, Cordon Bleu has a porcelain. I'm beginning to think I'm over-thinking this!

But I was wondering if any of the bakers here have a favorite.

Thanks, Maire

Comments (6)