SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmspot

Need help choosing island and counter colors!

kmspot
4 years ago

Hi! We have cherry cabinets with Santa Cecilia granite and are updating the kitchen with a new island and subway tile backsplash. I need help figuring out what color island and countertop would compliment the cherry cabinets and current granite we have (Although we could possible change granite). I'm trying to have the kitchen look lighter and more indistrial/ rustic farmhouse.

In in an ideal world, I’d keep the cherry cabinets and find a lighter granite or quartz that I‘d put on the island AND perimeter counters. I’d then put in subway tile with dark grout. The two ideas I’m throwing around are a navy or off-white island. If we do end up keeping perimiter granite, I don’t know if we could find an off-white quartz color for the island counter that would compliment the granite on the perimeter? Or if we should go for a wood top on the Island..I’m just wary of too much wood in the kitchen making it look dark.

Any my advice would be great! I’ve posted picture of our current cabinets and granite for reference.

Comments (17)