SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heal41hp

Need help decorating apartment bedroom, attached bathroom

Jessica Sherwood
4 years ago

I'm a dummy when it comes to design and could use some help. I'm shifting from a fairly dark and decadent aesthetic to something simpler, brighter, and more colorful. I love the watercolor look and nature, particularly pine forest and mountains (I'm originally from and adore Washington state). I want to focus on greens and blues, though I haven't found any good blue things yet.

My bedroom and bathroom are pretty small. The walls are beige (I guess?) and the carpet is dark brown. The doors, ceiling, and cabinetry are white.

These are the curtains that set me down this path and cover my only window:

Forest Trees Green Window Curtains, 40"x52", Unlined · More Info

These are my bed sheets and pillows (along with a plain black comforter and a faux fur throw):

This is the bath mat I got for my bathroom:

I read somewhere that when decorating with color you should have 3 neutral items for every colored item. Due to the small area available, I've tried to get colored things that incorporate neutral colors to help offset the color. If this is a silly approach, please let me know!

In particular I'm trying to figure out what shower curtain to get. I could get one that exactly matches my window curtains. I could get something very similar (green watercolor pine trees). But I feel like that's wasted opportunity. I don't know how far I should stray from what I've got already. Is anyone able to help me?

Comments (67)