SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doublec4

Need suggestions for simple contemporary landscaping please

Chris
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi all!

I have a more modern/contemporary style of home and I've put many, many hours into cleaning up the front and backyard and side of the house (used to be a jungle of overgrown everything). Right now it is more or less back down to the dirt/grass and there is an old asphalt walkway at the side of the house that is ready to be torn up. The front of the house has old paverstones from the 60s that need to go.

I would like to do a modern looking concrete walkway from the front of the house, along the right side of the house (pictured below, call it 'SIDE A') eliminating the paverstones and asphalt. It would go through the side gate and into the back yard. I'm trying to keep things to a minimum for ease of maintenance and for a very contemporary sleek look.

The other side of the house 'SIDE B' is just an alternate entrance with a very narrow gate (see below). I had planned on building a small "lean to" lawn mower shed along the back wall to house my gardening tools. I will likely build it in the same style as my fence. On this side I'm also trying to keep things rather simple / low maintenance but contemporary looking but am lacking ideas. I am open to pouring some large concrete pavers or anything really.

Some considerations...

• I live in Canada (Toronto) so climate here will likely affect plants I am able to use. Half the year I am buried in snow.
  • Front of the house faces NNE. Gets some sun in the morning and then sun sets across towards the back as you can see in the photos above.
  • Low maintenance is key. I am handy with building things, but am not much of a green thumb.

Any help/advice/suggestions would be really great and appreciated!

Thank you!

Comments (24)