SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonnaccra

Thoughts on a Kitchen Bump Out Addition With Newish Kitchen

bonnaccra
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

So I've attached a floor plan for my kitchen which was done about 4 years ago. We do feel a little constrained due to the only eating area (aside from formal dining room, which you enter from the door on the bottom of picture). Since the seating is on the island and my children are toddlers, it is quite high and inconvenient. Now and Long-term we would be better suited with a banquette seating are or mixed with table and chairs.

I am thinking about doing a bump out one story addition and I'm thinking either through where the sink area is or on the right where the stove area is. Clearly I will destroy some of my beautiful cabinets and also replace them. Our financial position has improved in a positive way and I feel this would be very additive to our enjoyment of the house. Where would you make the addition with an aim to not ruin too many cabinets? I will hire professionals and go back to my kitchen designer but wondering out initial instincts from others. thx.

Classic White Kitchen in Scarsdale · More Info

Classic White Kitchen in Scarsdale · More Info

The kitchen is featured here (though there are some edits to the floorplan as you will see in the pictures):

My kitchen in pictures

Comments (22)