SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlee1976

Appliances help for a “Nervous Nelly”

mlee1976
4 years ago
Hi! I have gone around and around in a circle about kitchen appliances for our remodel. I am looking for the following:

36” Pro Style Dual Fuel Range with 6 gas burners. We cook 3 meals a day for a family of five and host lots of weekend and large gatherings. It important to me to be able to boil a large pot fairly quickly and then turn it down to a nice simmer. We don’t grill inside or use a griddle. On the oven end, we bake cakes, brownies, cookies at least once a week. I currently have 2 double ovens and we use both (more on that later in post). I also do a fair amount of roasting vegetables and meat. I’m neutral on self-cleaning and broiling. I do love technological features if they actually work- ha ha.

Counterdepth, stainless French Door refrigerator. I am having custom cabinetry built but the room will only allow for counterdepth. I prefer NOT to have a water/ice dispenser in the door. Doesn’t have to be the same brand as other appliances. If possible, I would like pro style handles. I once had a Sub Zero and adored it but I can’t afford that in this house (can’t afford a built-in I’m afraid). I loved the look of the Jenn-Air Obsidian interior.

Dishwasher.... I’m open. I had a Bosh in the last house but it broke at least once a year from food clogging. I currently have a KitchenAid and really like it but it’s at least 20 years old and not the style I want. I prefer controls on the top, stainless and a pro style handle.

Speed Oven/Convection Oven/Microwave... Since we love to bake and are going from 2 ovens to one, I thought this would be a good option for us. I read you can bake in it and use it as a microwave. My first choice was Miele. I called them yesterday and they basically told me not buy their product because there is no one to service it within 100 miles of my house. So, I need a comparable option.

So, here’s my BIGGEST favor: I live in a small, southern town that doesn’t have anyone local to service Miele, Thermador, Wolfe or anything fancy. Bosh has less service providers as well. We do have multiple service providers for Jenn-Air, KitchenAid, and GE. Of these, several friends have told me that the customer service and service providers on GE are the easiest to work with- particularly better than Kitchen Aid.

So, here’s my question... what would you choose in each category I mentioned. I have a family of 5 with 3 kids. All members in my family enjoy cooking. My kitchen is going to be a transitional style. I will also have 2 other undercounter refrigerators in other parts of the house. I would like to spend under $15K if possible.

Many thanks!!

Comments (11)