SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judyj0173

help please! Plant placement

judy james
4 years ago

Hi, I'm in desperate need of some ideas and guidance for my new flower bed in front of my house. I'm in zone 8b. Last year we built a raised flower bed in front. We started the project with no idea what we would put in it. My home is on a big hill and the house is very tall so I felt like I needed the bed raised and tall plants to cover some of the height. It's a one story home all brick but u can nearly stand up in the crawlspace underneath . The windows are high and small so that leaves just an empty tall brick wall to deal with. So I went to nursery and started buying plants (big mistake) with no plan whatsoever. Ive got drift roses on the outside edge as a border. Behind those are little lime hydrangeas. Against the wall are globosa which I think are too short. In the center is a big holly. I'm afraid that looks bad. Each end has a small camellia. From the road all u can see is the holly in the middle and roses on the edge. This bed gets full sun. I'm hoping someone can give me suggestions to get this bed straightened out and looking good. I'm willing to move things around or take everything out and start over. Please help!! Thanks

Comments (5)