SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baseballmom94

Mullet vs. Wellborn Cabinets

baseballmom94
4 years ago

I am in the cabinet selection process for my new build home and have just received pricing back for custom Mullet cabinets in the kitchen and Wellborn Select cabinets in four bathrooms, pantry, laundry, wet bar. All will be painted. I am currently $8,000 over my allowance. The builder's designer said that if I go with all Wellborn cabinets including the kitchen, I will be $3000 over my allowance. I am wondering if this is worth the compromise. I will be looking at the Wellborn cabinets in a house tomorrow to see if I am happy with the quality and look. The designer keeps telling me that the Wellborn cabinets are maple doors but when I look at the Wellborn website, it appears that the Select series if MDF doors. I am okay with going semi-custom instead of custom in the kitchen but I want wood doors, all wood/dovetail soft close drawers. My other thought is that the factory finished Wellborn painted cabinets may hold up better than the painted finish on the custom cabinets. Thoughts from the group on whether saving $5000 is worth giving up the Mullet kitchen?

Comment