SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artdreamer

an old showerroom before and after...................

artdreamer
5 years ago

We are living in an old house, build in 1898. When we bought the house, it was in a very bad condition. Now we have repeatedly refurbished piece by piece. The last project has been a small room with toilet and shower, on the second floor. The vanity was in an orange plastic, the walls and the floor were covered with different green, but also gray and blue tiles, probably all leftovers. everything in 70’s style.

The shower was not anymore tight, so all the water flowed through the floor into the first floor and severely damaged the support beams. We had to replace the timbering. We didn’t extend the room, - with one exception: we have removed a false ceiling, which was used in the 70’s. We now have made an old and original room again, from 1898, with 320 cm high walls. During the renovation, we made sure that the style also fits the old house. I oriented me myself to an old bathhouse, which was build also around 1890 – 1910, with arabic touch.. At this time it was chic to put arabic tiles and painted pictures on the walls.

We have replaced evrything in this room, the heating, the floor, the tiles, sanitary Facilities and also electrical installations, the furnitures, the vanity, the toilet...and so on......

At any time of the day, the light reflections and colors of the new showerroom are changing(change)the light, it is for me every time like as I would be the first time in this room, it fascinates me...... The light reflections are great...

If you would see more pictures, so please have an look to my ideabook.............

The room was horrible...

but now its looking different.................

Comments (25)