SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceeemdee

Cambria Pendle Hill

ceeemdee
5 years ago
I scoured Houzz and other sites for photos of Cambria Pendle Hill quartz. Ultimately, I just had to go with instinct and install it! If anyone else out there is curious about how it looks, here is a photo of the counter.

Comments (50)

• PRO
    Cambria
    5 years ago

It looks beautiful ceeemdee, thank you for sharing! We would love to see photos of the entire space.

• stillpitpat
    5 years ago

Gorgeous!!

• Related Discussions

Cambria Countertops

Q

Comments (13)
    Farmhouse501 Thank you for choosing Cambria! You have a stunning space. Here are a few Summerhill installs with a subway tile backsplash: [https://www.houzz.com/photos/downtown-square-contemporary-kitchen-nashville-phvw-vp~35395960[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/downtown-square-contemporary-kitchen-nashville-phvw-vp~35395960) [https://www.houzz.com/photos/cambria-quartz-summerhill-on-grey-cabinets-modern-phvw-vp~45315776[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/cambria-quartz-summerhill-on-grey-cabinets-modern-phvw-vp~45315776) [https://www.houzz.com/photos/sunnylea-kitchen-contemporary-kitchen-toronto-phvw-vp~35469233[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/sunnylea-kitchen-contemporary-kitchen-toronto-phvw-vp~35469233)
    ...See More

Gray cabinets will they stand test of time?

Q

Comments (59)
    We just picked our colors with our builder this month. I’ve always wanted a kitchen with gray cabinets. But after pairing with our flooring, wall color, carpet, and granite color choices, we decided to go with a cabinet color that’s actually a brown/gray looking stain. The gray with being an open concept home really looked pale and washed out in models we viewed. My husband loves old school stain colors. I would love to chalk paint my whole world. This was a way we both liked our choices. We also chose not to go with any of the backslash choices we were given. In my eye I can not have a patterned backsplash that will compete for attention with the granite. I’m leaning towards a backsplash of white shiplap, or subway tile we will add ourselves
    ...See More

Need paint color advice!

Q

Comments (7)
    Take one of your sofa cushions to the Sherwin Williams store. They have a display with different kinds of lights. Use those lights (the ones most similar to your home) to help you pick color samples that are compatible with your sectional. Then get some sample size paints mixed up. Paint foamcore from the dollar store with the samples. Move them around the rooms, and see which you prefer at different times of day. You don’t want to go through this again!
    ...See More

Does anyone have Cambria Summerhill with stained cabinets?

Q

Comments (13)
    No, It is the same as Summerhill but doesn't have the grey vein running thru it which has the sparkles. When I ordered samples I ordered the 12×12 as it gives you a better sample.  If your near Hastings, MN you could come see it installed ὠ9. I have a huge kitchen; I was worried I would get too much gray as stained cabinets is my primary focus. Thus the reason I used both; seeing it now installed.  It was a homerun! If I was going with only one and stained cabinets.  I would definitely choose PendleHill.
    ...See More
  • M
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Looks beautiful. Is the main color of Pendle Hill white or cream? We have a sample and it appears to be bright white with taupe, cream, grey and some black specks. Also, what color is your cabinets? I'm considering bright white and ivory. Difficult time deciding.

• ceeemdee
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    M, your dilemma mirrors ours. Advertising photos for Pendle Hill seemed to suggest it was more in the beige realm, although our sample showed lots of grey. It does contain grey, taupe, cream, white and black... so we went with it and we think it contrasts nicely with our bright white cabinets and blends with our grey tile and the wood floor. It would probably be a nice fit with certain off-whites, too.
  • ceeemdee
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Sorry, all, my photos aren’t very professional!
  • M
    5 years ago

Ceeemdee, your clarification of the shades is appreciated. You've helped tremendously! Pendle Hill it is.

• j_leary
    4 years ago
    That’s really helpful because I’m looking for more of cream (to go with dark cherry cabinets) and thought Pendle Hill might be it - but maybe not . . .
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    4 years ago

Nice, but I don't know why these fabricators don't pull the sinks forward more. I just don't like the fat front rails.

• DCF-Z6A
    4 years ago
    Joseph, I never considered this aspect of installation. What depth in front of a sink do you recommend? And is it purely for aesthetics, function or both?
  • ceeemdee
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    Joseph and DCF440, in our case the placement allowed for a fold-out storage under the sink for sponges, etc. It also centres the sink in the counter top. Personal preference, I guess.
  • DCF-Z6A
    4 years ago
    Thanks ceeemdee! Do you find that area useful? Do the sponges and such start to smell or do they dry sufficiently in there? Is it just another area you have to clean (granted, it's hidden from guests)?
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    4 years ago

"What depth in front of a sink do you recommend? And is it purely for aesthetics, function or both?"

I prefer apron sinks with no stone front rail, but narrow as possible is my second choice. I've made them as small as 2 3/8":

If you've got tip-out drawers, you'll be at 3 1/2" with a 1 1/2" overhang or so.

• ceeemdee
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    The tip-out storage (thanks, Joseph, now I know the correct term!) does help hide some of the unsightly bits and bobs around the sink and counter (sponge, twist ties etc). It is open to the cabinet space below so yes, the sponge dries well. To be truthful, we never really had the discussion with our kitchen designer; she just put the tip-out drawer in. My preferred sink fit fine in the space so I never questioned its placement. I don’t mind the fatter rail. I find it helps prevent water splashes down the cabinet front. A friend visited recently and said she wished she had been given the option of the extra storage; on the other hand, her sink is larger than mine in both directions and that probably influenced her designer.
  • M
    4 years ago

We had Pendle Hill installed in our new kitchen and ABSOLUTELY love the color!!

• j_leary
    4 years ago

Gosh, that is beautiful! I can see why you love it!

• ceeemdee
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hey, M, so glad it worked for you, too! What colour cabinets did you select, out of curiosity?

• j_leary
    4 years ago

Yes, can we see pics of your whole project?

• HU-994655304
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Do the black specks stand out on the Pendle Hill countertop? The sample I have is full of them.

• ceeemdee
    Original Author
    4 years ago

HU, the black specks are indeed throughout. They are part of the overall pattern. Some granite has them, too, including the one in the photo posted earlier in this thread.

• M Franc
    4 years ago

Very pretty! also want this countertop w/ white cabinets, but dark bronze cabinet pulls, basic white subway tiles w/ dark grout. Will this counter top go with that, you think? (like the black speckles coz I have a Dalmatian )

• Isabel Chavez
    4 years ago

ceeemdee, Your kitchen is beautiful. Would you mind giving a few more details about your cabinets - the brand & color name? Also, what type of sink did you use? The color is great. I'll be remodeling my kitchen in a few months & am using the Pendle Hill. Appreciate your info. Thanks much.

• ceeemdee
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hello Isabel. Thank you for the compliment! Our cabinets are from a Quebec manufacturer called Miralis. The colour is their brightest white... there were several whites to choose from. You can get something similar no matter where you live, no doubt. The sink is from Blanco and the colour is cinder (dark grey but with a hint of brown, to my eye anyway). One of the nice things about the Pendle Hill, I think, is that it goes with a number of cabinet and sink choices. Good luck with your reno!

• Isabel Chavez
    4 years ago

Thanks for you speedy reply :) I was looking at Blanco sinks too but couldn't decide on "cinder" or "truffle". We're using GE slate colored appliances. Hopefully it will all come together. I'll send photos come summertime when our project is completed. Thanks again for your help and kindness.

• Jeff Campbell
    4 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful! We are getting Pendle Hill in a few weeks and I'm very excited!! Thanks for your photos--can't find very many online!

• P McG
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

@ceeemdee beautiful kitchen! I will be putting Summer Hill on my 60x90 island and Pendle Hill on the perimeter with 42" white shaker cabs, brushed nickel pulls, stainless appliances. I'm thinking of beveled white subway tiles, and behind the cook top framing a herringbone pattern for accent. Your pictures make me so excited for our remodel, I can't wait! Thanks for sharing :)

• P McG
    4 years ago

@ceeemdee did you go with a deeper counter depth? Your upper cabinets seem shallower or is it just the angle of the picture. Love it!

• ceeemdee
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hello. One section of lower cabinet is shallower than standard to provide lots of maneuvering room around the island. In the photo it is the area with the double cabinet doors and open shelves. The uppers are normal size. Thanks for the compliments!

• P McG
    4 years ago

@ceeemdee would you mind to please share the color and brand of backsplash tile you used with the Pendle Hill quartz. Thanks!

• ceeemdee
    Original Author
    4 years ago

P McG, there’s one of those reno stories to tell... I had two samples for backsplash. My preference was the Arvex glossy glass brick (do not remember the colour name but icy grey). My second choice was a smaller, slightly darker glass brick, Element Mist. I was travelling and due to miscommunication somewhere between myself, my husband, the designer or the contractor, I came home to find installed the Element Mist in a larger 3 x 12 brick. Fortunately, I like it...

• Emily Hawkins
    3 years ago

Can you post a few other pictures of your counter tops? We are ordering Pendle Hill and the sample looks Grey but when I look at pictures online they all look cream 🤷🏼‍♀️😬

• P McG
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

@Emily Hawkins this isn't a very good indication of the color but the lighting is bad today and their still putting my kitchen together. I'll try to get better pictures as it gets closer to being finished next week. I have summerhill on my island.

The background is cream with grey and black and beige and specks of sparkle. It's beautiful and so is the summerhill with even more sparkle!

• ceeemdee
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I tried to find something “cream” for comparison to grey and only had this vase. Pendle Hill does tend to the warm grey and beige vs. cool grey tones; but on the other hand cooler greys like this charcoal placemat look fine with it, to my eye. Best of luck with your design.

• E Lee
    3 years ago

Just had Pendle Hill countertop installed & LOVE it..... thinking of going with a cream colored backsplash with a darker gray grout... stumped on the choice of paint for the kitchen walls..... anyone’s suggestion would be appreciated....

• M Franc
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I went with white subway tile and medium gray grout

• Debbie Thompson
    3 years ago

E Lee, I am having Pendle Hill Installed in my kitchen soon and am currently painting my walls Sherwin Williams “ Perfect Greige”...it goes beautifully

• P McG
    3 years ago

I tried to take better pictures but my phone just doesn't take the best. I have glass subway tiles and sherwin williams accessible beige paint on my walls (which gold in these pictures and isn't at all). There is several possibilities

with this quartz for colors because of the grey, black, cream and whites. I chose to keep a little warmth with the accessible beige paint color. I hope these were helpful.

• HU-570576495
    3 years ago

I’m considering installing Pendle Hill in my kitchen. I love all of the colors in it. However, on the sample, I find that the black flecks can be somewhat overwhelming. How does this appear on a full slab? Does it blend better and is less noticeable?

• E Lee
    3 years ago

You won’t even notice the black flecks once it’s installed.... I have it & LOVE it! You won’t be disappointed!!

• Heather P
    3 years ago

@Debbie Thompson do you have any pictures of your Pendle Hill countertops?

• Julie Schrag
    3 years ago

Hi, we are seriously considering PHill. I am wondering if any of you find it to be too busy or too much? We have a nine by five island and one stretch of counter on the wall is about 15 feet, the other will have only about five feet. We are thinking about putting a very dark grey, almost black on those perimeters....thoughts? Also, I am looking at cabinets paint that will match the taupe color in the slab, with black fixtures and lighting....any help from you will be great.

• ceeemdee
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi Julie. I am the OP on this thread. We have had our kitchen/counters for two years now. I don’t find PH any busier than some of the classic kitchen granites. The colours are muted despite the mix of them and of course once you add your other elements and countertop accoutrements to break things up, it is simply background. On the other hand if you are already concerned about that, perhaps it isn’t for you! Best of luck. If you do use it...Once done, please post a photo. I would like to see PH with taupe cabinets.

• rparvathi
    3 years ago

@ceemdee we are considering using it in our kitchen, does it have any sparkle to it at all as compared to other cambria products.

• Julie Schrag
    3 years ago

Thank you @ceeemdee! I understand what you are saying and that makes perfect sense, they all blend! Since writing my post I am enjoying the PH more and more and liking it .....and now questioning the taupe. CRAZYmaking. It will be a warm grey taupe but maybe a designer is needed to help me on this. My favorite color in PH is the taupey color (not to match it per say). The color we are considering is called Frappe from Medallion cabinets, even though we are not using them. I am working on finding better colors starting today. I want to use black hardware, faucet and lights. At the rate of remodel out here, getting a contractor, it will be months and months but will do. I appreciate you being here ... I don't see a lot of PH on the web. Hope more continue to jump on here. Thanks again.

@rparvathi NO sparkle in PH. My husband won't take the sparkle. ;)

• ceeemdee
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Rparvathi, you would have to look really hard in bright light to see an occasional mica-like fleck, but there’s definitely no “bling” effect as in Summerhill... which I liked but found OTT for my kitchen.

• rparvathi
    3 years ago

Thanks Julie and Ceeemdi for the quick response. I was trying to decide between the PH and Praa Sands but will likely go for PH as the other looks a little busy for me.

• PRO
    Sophiaasajid
    2 years ago

@P McG does your island have seam as per my research summer hill comes in 122 in by 55.5 inches. I love to have summer hill on my island but I don't know how it will look with seam.

• Danielle DeSiato
    2 years ago

@ceeemdee Beautiful kitchen! I'm considering Miarlis cabinets. What is the type of material/finish of your cabinets and how are yours doing a couple of years out? TIA!

• ceeemdee
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Danielle... thanks! Our cabinets are painted mdf. They have their pros and cons, of course, but we think they look pretty new still. They are easy to clean and have kept their gloss. You can experience some wear on the edges of the doors or drawers used most often (esp if you wear rings or have long nails). That might be a function of the handles we chose, as well... The wear or little chips can be repaired quite decently with a colour matched crayon. I haven’t had to use the touch up paint supplied when the kitchen was installed. We are also assured by our kitchen supplier that if we need to replace a drawer front or door if or when a larger chip happens - even several years later when the colour will have altered slightly - the manufacturer can match it. The drawer tracks and pantry drawers are holding up well, too. Hope that helps!

• PRO
    Auburn University
    last year

@ceeemdee I am looking at Pendle Hill to replace my 15 year old granite. My cabinets are in really good shape but they are a creamy/ivory color with dark mocha glaze. The PH sample is a bit more white but I have looked at EVERY Cambria pattern and PH and Berwyn are my favorites. Since you have a large (and beautiful) installation of PH, would you think it would match my cabinets okay? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH