SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pharmboy1

Help with exterior color scheme of new build and any other advice

pharmboy1
4 years ago

Hi,

My family and I need some help choosing colors and doors for our new construction. The driveway was started today so we are at least a couple months from the siding going up. We think we would like grey siding as we have been in the brown family with our current home for years. We are not very decisive people and any opinions on exterior colors would be appreciated. We were thinking slate (dark grey) colored vinyl with a lighter grey cedar shake vinyl on the gable ends and dormers but I don't know if I like that much contrast. We are going for the craftsman style and I think the main entry door would be a stained "wood" fiberglass door. Not sure if we should do stained wood appearance for the garage entry and garage doors or if they would be a solid color. The doors on the rear of the house would be a solid color just not sure what. All windows will be white vinyl.

If anyone has any opinions on design that wouldn't be too drastic, then please feel free. Add/remove a window or door here or there, would be doable. Like I said, we are fairly close to starting so drastic changes are not possible. I wish I would have found this forum when we were still in the design stages. We worked with an engineer on the design and layout and I would have loved to get some second opinions. I included an example of what I was able to do on the certainteed website. (It didn't give me any stained wood options for any of the doors.) We are crazy nervous that we are going to screw this up somehow. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments (24)