SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pamghatten

Lonely Cat Meowing All Night

pamghatten
4 years ago

My 15 year old male cat Bailey passed a month ago, he had cancer and we treated him for it for over a year. As the vet said, we put up a good fight. I have one cat (Mama) left and 2 dogs.

Mama was a barn cat that came into my home 13+ years ago. She was best buddies with the other cats in the house (I had 4 other cats in the house at the time) and tolerated the dogs, humans she basically ignores.

Now she's the only cat left, and she's very lonely. After 30+ years of having cats, I am NOT bringing another cat into the house. When she is no longer around, I would like a break from litter boxes and hairballs.

The problem is, she meows excessively on and off, all night long. We've been to the vet, she prescribed a tranquilizer, but I can't medicate her all the time ... I've tried Feliway, it made her worse. She has plenty of food, water, treats, toys ... but I know she hates being the only cat.

But I'm exhausted. Today I am so tired, she woke me up numerous times in the middle of the night .. I'm at my wits ends.

Any suggestions besides getting another cat to keep her company?

Comments (15)