SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zkathy

Garden rebuild still in progress

zkathy z7a NC
4 years ago

I’ve opened this forum many times since last fall to document my garden saga, but it was just too depressing. I’ve probably been clinically depressed most of the winter. In addition to the trees I lost in the hurricane, we had an ice storm that dropped 3 more trees in my garden and ten on DH’s goat fence.

The last of the tree stumps were pulled out of the garden by a LARGE bobcat and hauled off in a truck March 20.

Whereas before I had genteel tractor paths through my garden, I now have interstate highways plowed through it. Four major bed areas were destroyed. Hostas were starting to pip and I would be walking along and find unearthed hostas in a pile of rubble. Into a pot unlabeled it would go.

We have rebuilt and replanted two of the areas.

Amazingly I think I have only lost two hostas: Blue Sliver seems to be a dead crown, but i left it there in case of a miracle and Frisian Pride is on the missing list, although I have several small NOID’s that are yellow.

the good news is it’s been raining constantly and my sandy hillside garden loves that. I’m off to New Orleans again for three weeks so the garden can wait on me for a while. Thanks for identifying that weed for me.

Comments (9)