SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
storycook

bathroom makeover

5 years ago

We are updating our 1986 bathrooms. room is about 9’ x 6’. Vanity on left. Tub on right. Toilet cove just beyond tub. Toilet is in the short end of the L shape. Shower parallels long end of L

I want basic white Carrara marble. Although we Will do a quartz counter top.

Get rid of tub and have walk in shower With frameless door. Sliding. Floor to ceiling 12 x 24 tiles.

Niche in shower with small hex on back.

Shower Floor small hexagon marble.

Bathroom floor larger hex - 6” or 8”

floor to ceiling on back wall of shower. (the wall on left on toilet)

wainscoting behind toilet and on other 2 walls. 48”

small hex backsplash on vanity with large mirror medicine cabinet. (36” high and about same width as old wooden one in pix.

Niche on left side of counter will stay but we will raise the height of bottom shelf and make top of niche even with top of mirror. side of nich will be 12x24=marble. Back wall will be small hex

questions —

1. should I continue wainscoting to backsplash. So the marble will be on both sides of counter with small hex on back wall.

2 what do I do with window. If I wainscote to 48” the window “ is in the way”. do not like how it looks now so want to make sure it is right

3. Is this too much big tile. I like a clean look but could go with the 6x12” On wainscoting.

Height of wainscote currently is 44”

i started this knowing what I wanted my new bathroom to look like. But I did not think about the “minor” details like the window or how to tie in wainscoting to backsplash.

Thank you you for help. a picture is worth a 1000 words

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm