Mueller report should read: 'Trump attempted to obstruct our coup'

kaych

Isn't that the truth! What a complete waste of time & taxpayer's money, not to mention the distraction from the biggest political scandal of our lifetimes, if not ever! 400 pages of fodder for the donkeys & their super PAC media. I look forward to justice being served from the real HOAX!

Rush Limbaugh says Mueller report should read: 'Trump attempted to obstruct our coup'

Rush Limbaugh says special counsel Robert Mueller’s 400-page report would have been more accurate if he had openly lamented President Trump’s attempt to obstruct a silent “coup.”

The man behind the “golden EIB microphone” said on Thursday’s show that hundreds of pages were not needed to explain the details of an investigation that concluded with zero criminal charges against the president.

Mr. Limbaugh told his audience that the lengthy report exist primarily to fuel biased media attacks against Mr. Trump.

“This wasn’t an investigation,” he said. “It was an attempt at a coup. It was an attempt to throw Donald Trump out of office and nullify the election results of 2016. It was disguised as an investigation.”

The longtime conservative talk-radio host noted that the report “recounts everything you’ve read in the New York Times and the Washington Post about collusion before concluding there wasn’t any! It’s made to order for people who want to continue running this operation to get rid of Trump. … The report itself says there was no collusion.”

Mr. Limbaugh said journalists will now opine on Mr. Trump’s motivations and whom he could have fired — but didn’t.

“You’re unable to conclude that no criminal conduct — then what the hell are you writing 400 pages for?” he asked. “You don’t do this to people you’re attempting to prosecute. You find nothing on ‘em and then submit a 400-page report about it? That isn’t done except in this case.”

“How about looking at it from Trump’s perspective?” Mr. Limbaugh continued. “He knows he’s being set up here. … What would you do in this circumstance?”

“This report reads, in fact, as if Trump was supposed to cooperate in his own obstruction. And because he didn’t, he’s guilty of obstruction. ‘Donald Trump attempted to obstruct our coup,’ is how this should read. ‘Donald Trump attempted to obstruct our effort to throw him out of office,’ is how this report should read,” he concluded.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/apr/18/rush-limbaugh-says-mueller-report-should-read-trum/

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/04/18/mueller-report-no-collusion-or-obstruction-period/

SaveComment120Like5
Comments (120)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cait1

Before any FISA warrants, Bruce Ohr told people that Steele wrote the dossier and that Steel was biased. One of the people he told was Andrew Weissmann. So Weissmann knew that the document was opposition research written by someone with extreme bias and the Mueller hires him to be on the Special Council team? Mueller is a tool.

https://saraacarter.com/ohr-testimony-shocks-lawmakers-top-doj-officials-new-about-steele-in-2016/

Weissmann's specialty is prosecuting people for crimes that were never committed using dodgy interpretations of law. That alone should be proof of how corrupt the Mueller probe was. Sadly, animus lives in too many hearts and they will never see the truth.

I really hope Weissmann is one of the people they put away. He's destroyed too many lives and deserves to be punished for his crimes.

3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

I think the "fun" is just beginning. And I can't wait.

4 Likes Save    
margievank

I too can't wait for all to exposed. The liberals are exploding. LOL I think I will stay on conservative threads and let them cry among themselves. You know when they are off the chain when you see them meme lol lol lol

5 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

That's it, Kaych!

They have no shame.

5 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Rush Limbaugh as a credible source. Laughable.

5 Likes Save    
terezosa / terriks

People still listen to Limbaugh??

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

What a load of twisted logic. (Though with it being April, a load of manure is easy to come by.)

Guess it's official - he works with the Russians. How can that be seen as patriotic?

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

They *all* must have looked into the sun that day.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

No time to start a new thread.

Seems Republicans are anti-vaxers.

"The bill, which would eliminate personal or philosophical exemptions from the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine, is a victory for public health advocates who had not expected it to make it to the floor.

The measure passed 25 to 22 in the Democratic-controlled chamber, after being brought to the floor just minutes before the legislative deadline. No Republicans voted in favor, and two Democrats voted against."

Save    
chase_gw

Your President was fully aware that the Russians were interfering in the campaign and said nothing because they expected the interference to benefit them.

Yet Trump, once President, continually said there was no interference even though he knew there was and thought it likely benefited him. He lied to the American people and he lied to his supporters.

Worse than that he stood beside Putin on the world stage and denigrated his own intelligence and sided with Putin, saying he didn't think Russia interfered.....and he knew full well that they had and his intelligence agencies were correct . That is about as unpatriotic as it gets.

Yet his supporters are willing to ignore that........how they can is beyond me.

edited

7 Likes Save    
Ann

Which president didn't address Russian interference, Chase? Do you agree or disagree with the author of this piece on their point #1?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/04/18/mueller-report-collusion-trump-russian-election-interference-democrats-takeaways-column/3505946002/

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Trump is president.

He hasn't addressed it in any substantive way.

4 Likes Save    
cattyles

Not surprised that the right is doubling down. They should turn off the TV and computer and read the report for themselves. If they choose to continue denying facts after reading the report, they are helping the Russians divide us.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

I'd propose that no president has yet addressed ending foreign meddling into our election in any substantive way, despite some being well aware of it and even some initiating meddling of their own into the elections of others.

And, I certainly agree that "Trump is president".

2 Likes Save    
Ann

No question Canadian participants bring a heavy anti-Trump narrative to this forum. Frankly, I can't recall a single Canadian on HT who has ever said anything favorable about Trump. I don't know if that sentiment is true of most Canadians, but it is certainly strong among the Canadians who choose to participate on HT.

1 Like Save    
Webuser 107388825(7a)

There is nothing favorable to say about Trump

He is a slime bucket and he could care less about you and everyone who voted for him.

You have been taken in by a con artist.

7 Likes Save    
margievank

Not one lefty comments on why Obama did nothing about Russia. He was president at the time. They look the other way with that LOL. NO COLLUSION. GAME OVER

5 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Most people do not have a favorable opinion of Trump. Though it seems the Saud family are with him.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Obama is no longer president. The concerns with the current one is top most.

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Obama should have taken more action mind you I can just imagine the reaction, in the summer of 2016, if he had told the American people that the Russians were working to get Trump elected......

However, that in no way equates with Trump stating , in front of the entire world , that he did not believe his intelligence agencies , instead he believed Putin. He said that knowing full well they interfered and yet said nothing because it would benefit his campaign.

If Trump supporters can accept that then they can accept anything ......and do.

4 Likes Save    
margievank

I have no concern with the current one.

Here comes Peter Cottontail

Hoppin down the bunny trail

1 Like Save    
margievank

However, that in no way equates with Trump stating , in front of the entire world , that he did not believe his intelligence agencies , instead he believed Putin.

Turns out he was right. The intelligence agency was tainted and in on the coup.

No one is putting themselves in Trumps shoes. If you KNEW you did not do something and were accused of it for 2 years, you would be angry and lash out too. Then to find out that the intelligence agency was involved in this elaborate scheme, you would understand his frustration.

Instead of looking at all the corruption that took place to pull of this coup, the left are still focused on hating Trump. Sick!

4 Likes Save    
lurker111

Obama should have taken more action mind you I can just imagine the
reaction, in the summer of 2016, if he had told the American people
that the Russians were working to get Trump elected......
By
spreading pro-Bernie and anti-Hillary propaganda in an attempt to split
the vote? Sounds like Obama didn't have a very high opinion of Hillary.

Save    
numbersjunkie

However, that in no way equates with Trump stating , in front of the entire world , that he did not believe his intelligence agencies , instead he believed Putin.

Turns out he was right. The intelligence agency was tainted and in on the coup.

Oh, Margie. You really have been sucked in. Your really need to stop listening to the liar in chief and the state news sources. You do know he lies about everything, don't you? Didn't he tell you the report showed completely exonerated him? Now, it turns out that was a lie too.

Have you read any of the report? Or do you really think the whole thing is a made up scam? How scary it must be to think such a thing could actually be true.

Even some Republicans will start to stand up for what is right now. Here's a preview..from Republicans for the Rule of Law

YouTube

1 Like Save    
margievank

Oh, Margie. You really have been sucked in.

and you have your head in the sand.

6 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Trump poses a national security risk -- one conclusion from reading the Mueller report.

5 Likes Save    
Kathy

Who thought Trump would jump in bed with Russia? It may be true Russia has previously meddled in our elections but they never had a willing partner. Allowing Russia and conspiring with them is only a slight difference.

2 Likes Save    
numbersjunkie

and you have your head in the sand.

If so, then at least I'm in the company of many, many very smart people. And I'm not talking about journalists or pundits. I'm talking about lawyers, investigators, national security professionals. Look around you at the people who share your view that this is all a great big scam on Trump. Wake up girl!

1 Like Save    
cait1

@ Ann

I don't know if that sentiment is true of most Canadians, but it is
certainly strong among the Canadians who choose to participate on HT

I can assure you there are Canadians who love Trump.

3 Likes Save    
Current Resident(z4 WI)

OP, you can have an opinion, you can even make up "facts" if you want.

But you can't make up words - that is, if you are wanting to have a two-way conversation.

No violence, no illegality - it's not a "coup".

coup

/ko͞o/

noun

noun: coup; plural noun: coups; noun: coup d'état; plural noun: coup d'états; plural noun: coups d'état

1. 1.

a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.

"he was overthrown in an army coup"

synonyms:seizure of power, overthrow, takeover, ousting, deposition, regime change; More

4 Likes Save    
Current Resident(z4 WI)

In typical narcissistic fashion, Trump wants us to believe its all about him.

It isn't. This investigation led to numerous arrest s and indictments.... and the extent of the Russian interference was mind blowing and should give us all cause for concern for 2020.

Lets talk about what was IN the report instead of being so fixated on what ISNT.

Trump is not to be hauled out in handcuffs - fine. So let s move on to bipartisan efforts to address foreign interventions that DID happen, and are likely to happen again unless something is done.

4 Likes Save    
lurker111

no illegality

I wouldn't bet on that.

Save    
lily12

So funny. Like tRump,yesterday was fine and dandy UNTIL they started reading the scandalous smarmy details that they REALLY went off. Because Mueller is interpreting the law to the fullest he didn't feel collusion would stick but OBSTRUCTION does and will be tRumps downfall no matter how many times his tiny pursed mouth screams obscenities.

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Trump poses a national security risk -- one conclusion from reading the Mueller report."

Baloney. Maintaining the sovereignty of the United States is not a security risk to the US.

Trump only poses a "threat" to the greedy globalists and new world order bureaucrats behind the attempted coup.

Now William Barr will be looking into the genesis of Russia Russia Russia probe. It was supposed to prevent Trump's election, or get him thrown out of office. The left is understandably in meltdown over Barr. No telling what he's going to uncover.

The irony is that while the plot moved forward for corrupt, partisan insiders to pick our president for us, the media was focused on fake claims of "collusion" and "conspiracy" by the guy who won the election fair and square.

8 Likes Save    
Mimou-GW

I get the passion, but where is the reasoning? Read the report with an open mind. Do some real thinking. So much of this should not be partisan especially the national security aspects and election interference.

4 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

"Now William Barr will be looking into the genesis of Russia Russia Russia probe. "

Why?

Why wasn't the investigation launched by his predecessor done right? Have the results been released to anyone?

Haven't there been other investigations already undertaken? I did read them when started but can't find updates.

Why wasn't the investigation process under Ryan sufficient to meet the demands of Trump and Fans for an investigation?

Would really appreciate more info on how to find out. (Regular googling gets me nowhere.

#1 https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/newly-revealed-letter-shows-jeff-sessions-really-did-order-investigation-into-hillary-clinton-matters/

#2 https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/18/sessions_on_hillary_email_investigation_we_are_going_to_restore_the_rule_of_law.html

#3 https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/29/politics/sessions-prosecutor-fbi-misconduct-clinton-uranium-one-special-counsel/index.html

#4. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/jeff-sessions-hillary-clinton-investigation-not-enough-evidence-fbi-latest-a8055296.html

#5. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/clinton-trump-investigations-show-democrats-double-standard-grassley-says. (Why couldn't this have been demanded in late 2018 when the Pubs learned the Dems would have the House majority?

Save    
mrskjun(9)

Trump may not have liked it, because he was innocent. He may have even considered shutting it down. But he did allow the Mueller investigation to play out. Now, since we know there was never any collusion, why was there an investigation to begin with? When did it start, and who started it?

6 Likes Save    
margievank

If so, then at least I'm in the company of many, many very smart people. And I'm not talking about journalists or pundits. I'm talking about lawyers, investigators, national security professionals. Look around you at the people who share your view that this is all a great big scam on Trump. Wake up girl!

Where were all your "smart" people the last almost 3 years now? Those smart lawyers, investigators, national security professionals? IF they are all that "smart" as you seem to think they are, why do they not come forward with evidence that proves something? This is just a rising of more nonsense.

So, how about YOU wake up and see the hogwash that you have been swallowing.

4 Likes Save    
numbersjunkie

But he did allow the Mueller investigation to play out.

"He" did not allow the investigation to play out. If it had been up to Trump, the investigation would have been shut down early on. His staff stopped him - several times. If you had read the report, you would know that.

Are you sure Barr didn't shut it down early? What were there so many redaction's marked "Harm to ongoing matter". I sure hope that question is asked when Mueller testifies.

Save    
margievank

Yes, I would want to shut down an investigation that was a witch hunt too. It was a WITCH HUNT.... NO COLLUSION,..... GAME OVER...

4 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

"IF they are all that "smart" as you seem to think they are, why do they not come forward with evidence that proves something? "

Same for the investigation into why it started...., right?

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Or was Sessions a secret supporter of Hillary?

Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

(off topic: Margie I sent you a message, not sure if you saw it. If you did and are ignoring it no problem)

1 Like Save    
cattyles

Even if someone shouts BANANA in caps, it’s still an apple.

And really? We have the report but a thread based on Limbaugh’s opininion? Lordy.

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

"But he did allow the Mueller investigation to play out"

According to the report that is Barr hog wash. He tried multiple times to get his people to shut it down....the only reason it wasn't shut down is because they refused to follow his illegal orders. He owes them a huge debt of gratitude.....not his hateful scorn.

ETA Of course we know from many other times...Trump can't say "you're fired" unless he is on TV and not facing real people. He sends others to do his dirty work or tweets it out.......in addition to everything else he is he is a coward.

5 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

numbers, he could have ended the investigation at any time. Would you rather he took the advice of counsel or ignored it?

Nothing illegal about his orders chase. And he can say "you're fired" to Mueller if he chooses. He shouldn't have, he didn't, but I'm also sure that knowing he was innocent he was frustrated by not doing it.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

No he couldn't and he knew he couldn't...that was part of his frustration.

2 Likes Save    
josephene_gw

If your game is over

Why is your CON DON still ranting?

2 Likes Save    
josephene_gw

No Mrs kJU n

he couldn’t fire Mr Mueller, he tried but he couldn’t.

Save    
chase_gw

Some Trump supporters were so sure Mueller would close the investigation early fearing for his reputation...well his reputation is in full tact . It is Barr who has destroyed his legal and professional reputation...looks good on him.

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

Barr has shamed his profession and his family.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

...I was so wrong..so so wrong

Save    
Ann

Yes he could have fired Mueller. But, he knew he was innocent and the only way he was going to show that to America and get on with his presidency was to let it be completed. I'm sure his legal team convinced him of the value of his innocence being proven. If I were him, I most certainly would have wanted to stop an unfair witch hunt/fire Mueller and it would have infuriated me to have to tolerate years of it knowing of my innocence.

4 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Mueller knew a year and a half ago that there was no collusion.

He and his bandits kept the false-negative talking points going to influence the Mid-Terms.

You know it.

I know it.

Everybody knows it.

6 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Why wasn't the investigation launched by his predecessor done right?"

What investigation would that be? Try to remember who his predecessor was. What was he advised to do by insiders at the FBI? Without even discussing it with President Bush, he recused himself, leaving President Trump without an AG until Trump finally fired him.

Save    
chase_gw

"Mueller knew a year and a half ago that there was no collusion"

Once again..you know that how?

Save    
chase_gw

Anyone who thinks Trump is " innocent " has not read the report. They have only listened to Barr and FOX.

2 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"It is Barr who has destroyed his legal and professional reputation...looks good on him."

I don't think Barr cares what CYA politicians or the MSM think of him. I think he does care about intelligence operatives trying to pick our president for us. I think he takes the failed coup seriously, and intends to find out who hatched the plan to undo an election if the "wrong" American won.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

"I don't think Barr cares what CYA politicians or the MSM think of him. I think he does care about intelligence operatives trying to pick our president for us. I think he takes the failed coup seriously, and intends to find out who hatched the plan to undo an election if the "wrong" American won."

Exactly, I was just having this exact conversation with a family member yesterday. They said exactly this, that Barr simply doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. He just took the job to clean the whole mess up and nobody will get to him emotionally. Without arrogance, he's just smarter and more practical than all of them, and he'll just carry on doing the right thing no matter what criticism is tossed his way. He just doesn't care. He's got a job to do (clean up and restore respect to the department) and he plans to do just that. The more people try to bait, humiliate, criticize, humiliate, and destroy (just like they've unsuccessfully attempted with Trump) him, the calmer and tougher he'll get - and he just won't care what they think of him.

3 Likes Save    
kaych

I was never for releasing the Mueller report for the very reason we see playing out. As I said in the OP, it is nothing but fodder! It doesn't satisfy the left, because nothing ever will, & it only further divides the country. The only bright light in my view is that more cars will be added to the Trump train, because of the escalated derangement being given 24 hour coverage. I haven't watched TV in 2 days because of it, so I can choose who I want to listen to from both sides.

I had no doubt that our President would be found not guilty & that is the bottom line for me. I didn't need or care about the one-sided BS added to it.

3 Likes Save    
margievank

Anyone who thinks Trump is " innocent " has not read the report. They have only listened to Barr and FOX.

You got this one right chase;)

Save    
margievank

...I was so wrong..so so wrong

No chase, you were right on Barr too, you just did not like the outcome;)

Save    
margievank

I always thought the Trump team wasn’t smart enough to collude,

but Hillary, Obama. and many in the DOJ and FBI were. Be proud!

Save    
chase_gw

" No chase, you were right on Barr too, you just did not like the outcome"'

No I was dead wrong......he is not an honourable , ethical person and he showed it. He belongs with the Trump bunch..

BTW you are also dead wrong. The bottom line outcome is exactly as I said it would be.

Save    
margievank

What is that bottom line outcome again chase?

Save    
margievank

He belongs with the Trump bunch..

You are on a roll, another correct answer;)

I am thankful we do have Barr with the Trump bunch!

Save    
Kathy

Wow, how did this whole thing get twisted by the RW? Hillary and our intelligence colluded so she could lose the election to Trump and he could fire them all because they hacked her emails. Makes perfect sense.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

I always said that he was likely not guilty of conspiracy but was likely guilty of obstruction....exactly as reported by Mueller

Save    

"It doesn't satisfy the left, because nothing ever will..."

Funny thing is, many people here have put me on "the left" either explicitly or implicitly. I honestly wouldn't put myself there so this statement is very funny to me because as soon as I read it I thought, "well I must not be on the left because I am quite satisfied with many things having to do with this investigation."

I'm satisfied that there have been a number of convictions and sentences, I'm satisfied that some truth has come out with more in the works being prepared to see the light of day in the future, I'm satisfied that Mueller was thorough and fair.

I'm immaturely satisfied because Trump felt the fear of knowing that his misdeeds were going to be exposed and go on record forever. I wish I was a better person but I'm glad he felt a negative emotion of some sort.

1 Like Save    
margievank

Miss Lindsey- you do know that Trump had the executive power to withhold information. He let the report stand and be shown for transparency.

His anger and frustration comes from knowing he never colluded. The left has shifted from collusion to obstruction. There was no obstruction, this is just part 2 of the witch hunt.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

"No I was dead wrong......he is not an honourable , ethical person and he showed it. He belongs with the Trump bunch."

I agree with Margie. When you said this, "I think Barr is the Democratic Trojan Horse. The more and more I listen , the more I think he is going to bring Trump down.......purposefully”, you clearly expected a very different outcome. Obviously (by this statement) it didn't matter if the outcome was right or fair, as long as he was the "Democratic Trojan Horse" and was "going to bring Trump down" "purposefully".

1 Like Save    
Ann

"I always said that he was likely not guilty of conspiracy but was likely guilty of obstruction....exactly as reported by Mueller"

"I suspect the charges thus far are just low hanging fruit that he needs to "flip" in order to bring other charges including collusion/conspiracy and obstruction .

All in good time but it is clear Mueller is being very methodical as he peels the onion"

"If Stone is indicted without Mueller even talking to him .....it's over for the Trump campaign in terms of "collusion " with Russia and Don Jr likely goes down with him"

Save    

Whatever the truth of Trump's motivation or the left's supposed shift away from collusion, nevertheless I am quite satisfied with much about the report.

Make of that what you will :-D

1 Like Save    
margievank

Fair enough Miss Lindsey;)

2 Likes Save    
Ann

I get it. I expect I'll feel some level of satisfaction if any potentially guilty people are held accountable following the investigation of the investigators/basis for the witch hunt.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Supposedly

Save    
cait1

@ chase

Once again..you know that how?

If you had read my first comment you would know that Bruce Ohr told Weismann and others at the DOJ that the Steele doc was opposition research and that Steele hated Trump and the info in it dodgy. All that happened even before the first FISA warrant was issued. The FBI never told the FISA court they knew the doc was oppo research for the Clinton campaign so it lied to the FISA court through omission, claiming it knew about the doc through media articles. Someone within BO's domain leaked the doc to the media.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Supposedly

Save    
chase_gw

Cait, my comment wasn't directed at you , I think it was directed at Catkin...but I don't see any of those posts on this thread....was it a different thread?

Save    
chase_gw

""I always said that he was likely not guilty of conspiracy but was
likely guilty of obstruction....exactly as reported by Mueller"

I always said I didn't think Trump would be guilty of conspiracy. I did think it that some of his campaign may have been colluding with Russia and apparently they were , although not to a level that reached a criminal act.

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"His anger and frustration comes from knowing he never colluded. The left has shifted from collusion to obstruction. There was no obstruction, this is just part 2 of the witch hunt."

Yep.

The plan to snatch the presidency from Donald Trump failed, and those who participated have to be very worried about the public accountability that awaits at least some of them.

Dems, with their switch to "Obstruction of Justice" baloney, continue to show their willingness to mislead the public.

Who wants to see the "evidence" Adam Schiff repeatedly said he had?

3 Likes Save    
Carro

abh, I sure want to see what evidence Shiffty has. Show me the evidence, Shiffty! I don't need his chest pounding and bloviating. I need his evidence.

Bottom line is that Mueller knew from the start that there was no collusion. This whole witch hunt was for the express purpose of pissing off Trump so badly that he'd obstruct or get caught lying under oath/to the FBI.

All a trap. All of it.

3 Likes Save    
deltaohioz5

Robert Mueller and his team of prosecutors have now indicted 34 individuals and three Russian businesses on charges ranging from computer hacking to conspiracy and financial crimes.

Those indictments have led to seven guilty pleas and four people sentenced to prison.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Any proof available for this repeated claim?

"Bottom line is that Mueller knew from the start that there was no collusion."

Save    
chase_gw

"Bottom line is that Mueller knew from the start that there was no collusion."

..and you know this how?

Save    
chase_gw

delta, I think the most shocking thing of all is .......even though

• Russia interfered in the election with the express purpose of benefiting Trump
  • Trump and his campaign knew this and were OK with the meddling because they believed it would benefit them
  • The campaign failed to advise the FBI that this was going on
  • The campaign , while they did not commit the criminal act of hacking Podesta's emails, facilitated the dissemination
  • With this knowledge Trump publicly and regularly denigrated his own intelligence agencies, intelligence he knew to be true, and publicly sided with Putin

,,,...Trump supporters refuse to see these behaviours as unacceptable.....that is the shocking thing. Americans who are OK with their candidate knowingly accepting the help of a know foreign adversary .

1 Like Save    
deltaohioz5

I think he is getting instructions from Putin. Why else would he be having secret meetings with Russians and no Americans are allowed in the room.

Save    
chase_gw

.....and the come out an knowingly lie on the world stage.....? Actually I don't think he is a Putin puppet per se. I think he is just terrified Putin will tell the American people exactly how much he did to get Trump elected and Trump can't stand the notion that anyone would think he didn't win the biggest election landslide ever.

1 Like Save    
numbersjunkie

Wait till the rest of the ongoing investigations are complete. Those are the ones outside of Mueller's scope. The ones that are looking into how he was the subject of blackmail for the sex tapes, Russian money laundering and other financial ties to Russia.

But Hillary! But Obama!

Save    
Ann

Have any Dems here heard Doug Schoen speak since the Mueller report came out? He sure thinks the Dems are going to overplay this investigation road, very, very badly, and completely shoot themselves in the feet. He thinks they are going to hand Trump a win in 2020.

Save    
Carro

Ann, Dems don't know when to quit, when enough is enough and when to stop being partisan hacks and get back to pretending to help the people who elected them.

Save    
Ann

Also, the Journal Editorial Report on Fox News today had excellent panel discussions about the release of the Mueller report and the subsequent reactions. They replay that show several times on the weekend in case anyone is interested in their discussion.

Save    
Carro

I really like Kim Strassel.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Carro, I think everything Trump is an addiction they can't break. I honestly don't think they can move away from the witch hunt - as in completely incapable - like a smoker with a 10 pack a day habit.

1 Like Save    
Carro

Here it is.

2 Likes Save    
Carro

Ann, I think it's an addiction, too. A true, chemically-induced brain dependency that's certainly altered their physiology after 2 years. It's the same addiction as gambling. It's the high of the next pull, or hand or spin.

Save    
Current Resident(z4 WI)

Is it just me, or is there anyone else who feels like Obama/HRC is ancient history - like several lifetimes ago. Might as well be talking about Richie Cunningham and the Fonz.

1 Like Save    
Ann

I do too (really like Kim) and she is typically very practical and calm with her opinions (like Dana Perino is). Kim is one to not get ahead of the news. Today, she gave unusually firm opinions!

Actually, everyone on that show tends to be polite, reserved, unemotional, etc. I really enjoy it every Sunday. Sometimes I wish they'd express a little more support of a position I might believe firmly in, but today, they were very clear in their opinions.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Anyone who thinks the investigation was a witch-hunt needs to read at least one page of the report to get a feel of how many players were colluding behind the scenes for Trump.

Save    
cattyles

Still haven't read the report?

1 Like Save    
Kathy

That one page is US Republicans, SA, Russia, meeting in the Seychelles.

Save    
ubro(2a)

Canadian on HT who has ever said anything favorable about Trump. I don't know if that sentiment is true of most Canadians, but it is certainly strong among the Canadians who choose to participate on HT.

When Trump starts to treat his allies with respect maybe we will have favourable things to say about him but until then...........

4 Likes Save    
Carro

When Trump starts to treat his allies with respect maybe we will have favourable things to say about him but until then...........

You seem to be laboring under the misapprehension that we care.

1 Like Save    
cattyles

Ubro, I care and I agree with you.

1 Like Save    
Carro

The echo chamber cares. Shocking.

2 Likes Save    
kaych

Kathy

Anyone who thinks the investigation was a witch-hunt needs to read at least one page of the report to get a feel of how many players were colluding behind the scenes for

...Hillary?

I'd like to see the page that talks about the Russian informants that Steele used to compose the dossier yarn that Hillary & the DNC hired & paid for. Got those?

Maybe you could show all the pages of the investigation about all the people that had connections to the dossier? You remember the dossier don't you?

Or how about the page that talks about the Russian lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya's meetings with Fusion co-founder and ex-Wall Street Journal reporter Glenn Simpson, immediately before & after her meeting with Trump Jr., Manafort, and Jared Kushner?

I'd be most appreciative if you'd post those pages & I'd be happy to read them! That would change my mind that Russian interference into the 2016 election was the true goal of Mueller, & not a biased witch hunt to take down Trump. (that from every possible angle is the only logical conclusion I'm able to come to as of now.)

There's many more I'd like to read if you could find those first.

Thanks! I'll wait.

2 Likes Save    
kaych

chase_gw

• The campaign , while they did not commit the criminal act of hacking Podesta's emails, facilitated the dissemination

It always makes me laugh when the question of hacking Podesta's emails overshadows to the point of totally ignoring what was contained in those emails & his own ignorance that led to it! LOL

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

It took 448 pages to enumerate and explain Trump's crimes.....let that sink in.

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Why have Republicans in Congress been silent since the report? They don't seem to be celebrating a Trump exoneration.

1 Like Save    
cait1

@ Kathy

Anyone who thinks the investigation was a witch-hunt needs to read at
least one page of the report to get a feel of how many players were
colluding behind the scenes for

Cherry pick much?

Here's my cherry pic (pun intended)

Try another cherry pic. This is fun!

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

I hope the first question for Mueller is, when were you aware that the Trump campaign did not collude with Russia? Was it before the 2018 election?

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Mrs, is that the new angle....Mueller knew that no criminal conspiracy applied and decided to hold that back from the voters?

Save    
chase_gw

Joanie, that was part of Barr's plan to protect Trump, release the report when they were all out of town and not readily available to the national press. I'm sure this week gives them time to get their collective story straight.

Barr has proven himself to be Trumps loyal personal lawyer not the AG responsible to the American people.

Save    
margievank

You mean like Eric Holder for Obama, chase. Remember when Obama used executive privilege in the Fast and Furious scandal.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

Right Margie, and someone died then and we still haven't seen the documents.

chase, you on the left keep repeating that, try repeating that according to the law, Barr did not have to release the report at all. His summary was all that was required. And the dems can thank themselves for that. Nadler had a hissy when the Starr report came out and so they changed the law.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Oh, come on kaych, you know you aren't supposed to talk about the dossier, as the Mueller report specifically didn't. It wasn't incumbent upon an experienced and respected professional to ever question the basis for his entire assignment, even if he knew darn well there wasn't a basis and it was indeed a witch hunt. He was just going to do his job without question. He wasn't meant to be smart enough or experienced enough to know or do otherwise or to question a thing. After all, he had a job to do. (Tremendous sarcasm intended.)

1 Like Save    
Ann

Mrskjun, I agree about the first question and I hope the second question is about the origin/dossier and why Mueller chose to ignore the entire origin and reason for his assignment.

Save    
Ann

Yes mrskjun, and Trump had every right to use executive privilege, just as Obama had. But, no, I would guess Trump wanted as much as possible out there to take us more quickly to step two - how and why did this happen - the rest of the story!

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

It's amazing how much those on the right know about what Mueller did or didn't do in looking at the genesis of the investigation. Same with Rosenstein.

Seems like an awful lot of assumptions and speculation.

ETA : I actually think that there was something in the report about it's integrity. Could be wrong on that , will have to do further checking.

Save    
chase_gw

In checking for details about the genesis of the investigation I read the entire section in the report concerning Page. If after reading that it is hard to understand why anyone has any questions about the legitimacy of placing him under surveillance.

The section on Papadopoulos is fascinating too.

The introduction also talks briefly about the origins of the FBI investigation into Trump campaign coordinating with Russia

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz So You Say: 30 Design Mistakes You Should Never Make
Drop the paint can, step away from the brick and read this remodeling advice from people who’ve been there
Full Story
The Polite House The Polite House: How to Handle a Grievance With a Neighbor and an HOA
A condo resident complains about noise from a toddler out with her mom on a 7 a.m. dog walk. Does the mother have any recourse?
Full Story
Kitchen Design Disappearing Range Hoods: A New Trend?
Concealed exhaust fans cut visual clutter in the kitchen
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
With quality custom window treatments and the best window treatment designers in Long Island, we have you and... Read More