SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moneymm

height of wall oven cabinet with windows dilemma - HELP!

moneymm
5 years ago

I dont know how the KD missed this, but my wall oven cabinet and for that matter my refrigerator with cabinets over it sit at 96"

i have 36" upper cabinets, (so the top of those will be at roughly 90" with an 18" space between uppers and lowers).

all his drawings and mock ups show the same height around the kitchen. (except for my corner upper 42" cabinet, which i knew was staggered up).

my ceilings are 10'.

I had planned on putting windows 30"W x 18"H on either side of the hood as there is no windows at all in the kitchen and could really use the natural light.

now the wall oven cabinet 3.25" crown would return to the wall directly into the glass on the window.

any ideas?

option 1 - have cabinet maker just turn the 96" wall oven cabinet into a 90", that would just require new doors (so that my double wall oven doesnt sit too low to the floor)

option 2 - or shrink the windows from 30"W to about 22.5"W so that it fits centered above the 30" upper cabinet.

option 3 - add a 90" 18"W pantry cabinet inbetween the upper cabinet that sits at 90" and the wall oven cabinet that sits at 96, so there is no crown return to the wall.

although those i think would look quite silly.

here is the plan with the wall oven cabinet measured the same height as cabinets.

Comments (16)