How much time do you spend here?

don_socal

I have been a regular on Hot Topics since it started and used to spend more time here. I was wondering how many spend more or less time on here muttering over the things they have no control to change by posting here. The only thing I see that makes it worth participating is to put forth a view or opinion and argue about it with people of opposing opinions. The political environment today is rife with oxymoron statements started by the ones that are in the white house, especially the one at the top. This has made the forum very uninteresting for me as I have a lot of other concerns in my life at this time. So I stop in and read two or three threads every few days and post very infrequently when something of interest is brought up. I notice that even in this I have come here less and less so I wondered how many spend how much time here and how they can afford to take that time away from real life, or is it an escape thing. Any way to sum up leave a word about you commitment to Hot Topics and time spent if you wish to participate in this post. I will check in in a few days to see what the results are. Thanks for your interest.

SaveComment92Like7
Comments (92)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texasranger2

all of the above.

Save     Thanked by don_socal
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,maifleur,others(8a)

I'm pretty new to hot topics so it's still fun and fresh for me. I regularly check in on my phone throughout the day as I go about my other tasks or wait at schools to pick up kids, and sometimes when I'm engrossed in a conversation spend more time than I probably should!

As the weather warms up and I get back to work (farming) and can be outside doing yardwork my participation will drop off I'm sure.

For me it's not escape, it's actually a way to stay connected to the outside world and to American issues. (I'm living in Canada and while Canadians are super well informed about international news and eager to discuss it, it is different discussing it with people who view events from the American perspective.)

carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Too much.

1 Like Save     Thanked by don_socal
Chi

Too much as well. It's actually bad for my anxiety so I try to take breaks.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by don_socal
rob333 (zone 7a)

I'm like you and steve, far less than in the past. I miss the more erudite, closer to even handed discussions. I think the discussions became whataboutisms long before cheetohead, but that's merely my thinking on the environment here, and what do I know?

4 Likes Save     Thanked by don_socal
Fuhgetabauti

Did your activity simply move over to Delphi?

katrina_ellen

I wonder about this as well. I find it pretty pointless unless the subject is interesting to me. I haven't seen one Dem or Repub. change their minds, just a lot of fighting and one-upmanship and a whole lot of nastiness with certain people. Its unnecessary but I would wager there were mostly Dems back in the "good ole days" so more people in agreement with each other.

rhoder551 zone 9b-10

I'm fairly new to HT....2 years, since the election. Lately I notice the comments are getting repetitive regardless of the subject. I read threads but I skip a lot of comments, mostly posted by the Trump supports...disruption seems to be their only game plan.

7 Likes Save     Thanked by don_socal
Emily H(9)

Hi all, If you want to talk about how much time is spent here, try to do so without throwing out barbs about other people being illiterate or stupid. I've removed several comments here, that in my mind exemplify exactly why there is so much strife here. Please talk about the issues without making your fellow community members part of your issue. It is not in keeping with our terms or code of conduct, and it is a shame when we have to continually remove people that do not understand this distinction.

10 Likes Save     Thanked by don_socal
dandyfopp

Same thing happening on a small scale as is happening in the country.

True colors are on display and it can be a hard pill to swallow, at some point you salvage or scrap.

Time spent here or anywhere online is regulated by weather. If I can be offline and outside, that is where I am.

Happy Spring all!!

8 Likes Save     Thanked by don_socal
maddiemo

I try to stick to the positive threads now, so no, not much time spent on here at all.

Thankfully the music ones give people a chance for pleasant interactions so I really enjoy those.

Yep, other things help me feel better and thankfully Springs arrived here too. Man it’s been cold!!!

Hope you’re good Don:)

heri _ cles

The assertion that "you spend too much time here" is typically a predicate for more negative commentary. How much time does one spend doing anything ? Watching a baseball game takes about three hours. Going fishing takes more time than that. How about phantom shopping on Amazon for bric-a-brac?

I appreciate it when posters express their opinions, especially when their contributions here are well reasoned and informed. I appreciate their time.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by don_socal
sunflower_petal(5a)

Not as much as I used to. I miss the adult conversations.

7 Likes Save     Thanked by don_socal
josephene_gw

I come here less. Too much bashing.

everyone has an opinion and has a right to their opinion. To say someones

opinion is bs takes it too far.

althea_gw

I usually look at the board once a day to see if any topic interests me. The answer is almost always "no". I lost interest in posting online over a decade ago so this site isn't an exception. Even starting a thread is a pain because there might be some expectation the person who started it should follow it and continue posting.

Kathy

Too much time for sure. I tend to jump online in between chores. Sometimes not reading as closely as I should or as completely. I appreciate those who are here to inform and value the opinions of many posters. The disruptions are definitely a turn off which I suspect is the purpose.

I like Houzz and have found the decor side very informative and it has helped me visualize a remodel and/or avoid some mistakes. I was never here for the early years of Gardenweb but it seems to have a very informed group who have been posting for years.

foodonastump

Depends on how much fiber I’ve eaten.

Fuhgetabauti

8 hours with 1 hour lunch.

lily12

My time here will be limited when the weather turns nice. I'll be checking in in the morning and late at night.

marquest(PA zone 6)

I think it is all about LIFE! Sooooooo 1 hr a day

I have a life and more life now that Spring has arrived. I truly never had time to post 20 topics before noon like I have seen. So I feel pretty good that I have a life and a happy life.

IMO if you are a shut in or have nothing much going on you have to be in really bad shape and maybe some can only have a social media Life.

vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

My time here? It's slipping lately as this site gets slower and slower for my fairly new pc. It started a few months back and rather than take an hour to just read one page without posting I come here "incognito" just to read more quickly, even with the pop-ups. Then I come back "here" as me to post on the 3-4 threads I made note of.

Emily if you're listening (kidding ;-) this is the only site with the slow speed for me. I've done everything on this end to fix it but with no luck. It takes about 30 secs just to open thread with another 30 secs with each step. Is it something that can be fixed on Houzz's end?

...but, to get back to the OP, my time here is limited, it's been quiet a trip since logging in back around Xmas 1998 with Spike.,,,,,and just like Spike, Emily has been quite tolerant of me ;-) Thanks!

queenmargo

I come for the laughs, lol, seriously, there is so much humor on this site. I sometimes start laughing before I open the thread by just seeing who is the last one that posted. I know when I open it they will not disappoint.

I wish there was more kidding around and laughing. I pull my weight, lol.

Anyway, the weather is really really nice out lily;)

lily12

Not here it isn't

Ziemia(6a)

Emily, I don't like being laughed at here.

Some here throw out barbs personally disguised as humor. So it is confusing at times what the rules mean.

Kathy

Laughing at people and laughing with people have totally different connotations.

Emily H(9)

@vgkg It should't take that long to load an average sized discussion thread. You may already have done this, but please make sure your browser is up to date. Would you mind sharing which one you are using and which version?

tony jelly

Oh, sorry Don I nearly missed this. I only spend a couple of minutes a week over here so I didn't see it last week, my bad.

I hope you are feeling better

mrskjun(9)

I'm on my third president here. Usually I'm here early in the morning with coffee. I may drop in when I take a break from gardening, and ck in for a few about this time of day. I've been a political junkie my entire adult life, and other than my vote, I don't expect to change anyone's mind. I still believe that most of us want the same thing. Peace and prosperity. We just don't agree on how to get there. I have a wonderful life outside of HT, with family, painting, my animals, my roses and daylilies. I like to keep up with current events, and I have actually made some very good friends here. And we talk about things totally unrelated to HT.

10 Likes Save     Thanked by don_socal
dirtygert(5-NY)

Like mrskjun, this is where I have my morning coffee. Sometimes that's all I can be here until after dark. Other days, if not busy and/or the weather is crappy, I might bounce between here and Twitter. Some days, it's riveting here; other days it's just a bash-fest and I figure I don't need that bad karma. There are times when I say to myself after reading a particularly nasty exchange of comments, "well ... that's 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back" and wonder why the hell I do this. Other times, I am buoyed up by the camaraderie and humor here. Certainly I have learned a lot here --- some helpful, some not so much. I knew before HT that RBG was Justice Ginsburg, but I had to consult an online urban dictionary for the definition of RBF before understanding a comment about Michelle Obama. Not that I'll ever be asked that on Jeopardy, but it doesn't hurt to stretch the ole "brain-muscle" --- no matter which direction you stretch it.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by don_socal
HamiltonGardener

Like Don and a few others, I have been coming here forever and a day.

Sometimes i have spare time time to check in and get involved in a discussion, then life happens for a few days and by time I get a chance to return to the discussion, its on page 4. Ah well.

Winter is slow but come planting time, I come back to gardenweb to bone up on my vegetable knowledge, composting and soil tips, and to search for new veggie ideas. I tend to spend less time in Hot Topics.

Unless it’s raining. Then I spend the day either on HT or moping around the house staring out the back window at a garden I can’t play in.

Lucille(9a)

I spend about 5-10 minutes a week here skimming the conversation titles, and then a little more if a conversation title entices me to read the thread. I spent more time here during the last presidential election, will likely increase my time here during the next one.

nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

I spend less time than I previously did -- especially during the illegal war in Iraq.

As moderation has relaxed, the amount of insults and taunts have become almost intolerable.

Where discussion previously argued the efficacy of torture (none at all btw), neo-conservative foreign policy, and the missing weapons of mass destruction, now we're being lectured that only fundamentalists are proper Christians, and that committing fraud is no impediment to performing the duties of president.

17 Likes Save     Thanked by don_socal
Tilly Teabag

Lol, whatever people’s good intentions to spend more time off HT, you will all be back to discuss the Mueller report (when you’ve read it in full, of course!!)

Rina

I spend quite a lot of time on HT (two hours a day?), mostly reading, sometimes skimming, sometimes just tasting a thread. I end up giving up on a thread quite often and I comment less often than I used to, I think. Too much is said that simply doesn't warrant a reaction -- repetitive barbs, etc. V boring. I don't mind some of the vituperation, when it is put in meaningful words and makes some or other point, even if I think the point is bosh. I don't mind on the occasions it's directed at me, either. It's simply not real enough to cause a ripple.

I'm here for two reasons, I think -- because it gives me a lot of political information on both the details and the attitudes in the US, and because it's really a fascinating people-watching venue. I'll have another coffee, please.

6 Likes Save     Thanked by don_socal
Ziemia(6a)

Tilly, there are a lot of us. We do show up at different times so no, your perception is not accurate.

#

Varies (my time). I came in an attempt to understand those who see Trump as 'just what the country needs'. Got that. However, now it's somewhat about why he's held to no standard. About why he gets to set his own standard.

Fuhgetabauti

If you took HT and made it into a talk show it would be the most watched show on TV imo.

vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Hi Emily, I use google chrome. It works fine for all other sites which I visit with normal speed. I'm no techowizard for sure but it seems like it should be just as slow coming here "incognito" as it is when I'm here as myself but that's not the case. Any suggestions on how to resolve the speed problem is appreciated, I've posted this problem on the "computer help" forum (below) and followed posters help but there's still no resolution.

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5631914/houzz-slow-loading-forums-and-pages#n=9

katrina_ellen

fuhgetabauti - I think it may be right up there with Jerry Springer

AITG

Or maybe the gong show? ;)

carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

IMO, thinking one can change minds, when it comes to hot button, wedge issues is futile.

I believe a forum is for presenting one's ideas publicly, maybe pushing back on someone else's ideas.

People will make up their own minds about things and no amount of berating, insulting or belittling will help - quite the contrary, actually.

queenmargo

People will make up their own minds about things and no amount of berating, insulting or belittling will help - quite the contrary, actually.

I sure agree with this. Hillary sure showed us with her name calling of deplorable.

Every time an insult is hurled, the claws dig in deeper.

marquest(PA zone 6)

Well the claws might be the problem. My pets do have claws.

VedaBeeps SoCal 9b/10a(9b/10)

Less and less time here, the quality of the content has gotten so low- just look at the way this thread has devolved and required moderation. Now it even has memes instead of original thought.

woodnymph2_gw

I've been here a long time but post less and less now, due to the lowering of the tone of the commentary. Too many silly memes and too much lecturing regarding personal interpretations of spirituality. Too many threads are so predictable (e.g. boring) from certain posters here. I don't get here every single day, but when I do, I only spend at most 1 or 2 hours. I do enjoy learning about political events and some camaraderie with a few posters.

queenmargo

Veda- a lot of comments add nothing to the conversation. Words or memes, what is the difference?

In my opinion the forum could use a bit of lightening up.

Why do you take that as rude?

Kathy

Woodnymph

Trolls will be even worse after Barr exonerated Trump temporarily. The algorithms target Trump supporters feeding their misconceptions. Russia is amongst us.

eta, after scanning the report they are everywhere

Ann

I spend too much time, but I find it to be a bit addictive. I hope to spend more time outside this summer. Last summer, I spent too much time doing this.

tony jelly

What are we supposed to be doing here then, if not attacking one another with ad hominems or inventing stuff to annoy, or looking on the internet for wind up content?

If you have an opinion on today's current events or other hot topics, feel free to discuss it here. These topics tend to appeal to articulate people with strong opinions and often these debates are sometimes heated. You may challenge another's point of view or opinion, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully, without insult and personal attack. You are responsible for your own behavior and if you cannot follow these rules, your posts may be removed and your membership privileges may be revoked

heri _ cles

There is always a bit of blood in the water in this shark tank.

Articulate people??? Bring on the asinine memes!

3 Likes Save     Thanked by don_socal
don_socal

I have four forums on different venues that I started and manage plus I am the moderator for two others so my time is distributed in a few places. The consensus seems to be that the people on here are persistent in their views and none will change to the other side. Time spent here is then mostly for entertainment and arguing about what each wants the political scene to be. Not much real consideration of other points of view. Attack is the order of the day and it gets people in trouble and removed. It is hard to figure out who is who on either side and that makes it that much less interesting.

When people post they should look at what they post as if they were new to the site and evaluate the merits of what they are saying. Too much of the writing on here makes very little sense when viewed as an independent statement. There used to be a review step to posting where you could change what was written and I think that helped. The off topic side from long ago was very helpful as it would let people interact without contentiousness. People treated each other with respect on that part of the forum even if they had opposing views. The music threads give an inkling of that relief and helps.

There are a couple of thoughtful and humorous post here that also helps relieve tension. Humor is a good thing if it makes sense and fits in with the conversation. The best comedians are the ones that do not direct their humor at people and instead use situations or their own quirks. That takes thinking and using your wits. Some give information about themselves and reveal things that many wonder about. May be true or not.

This forum was made by Spike to relieve the other forums of the political and religious post that were going off topic for those forums. It worked quite well when it started due to the off topic relief that I mentioned above. Now there is too much disorientation due to the addition of the flag. Many posts and threads just disappear and make the rest of it incomprehensible. Another reason for people to spend less time here. I also take exception to how it is moderated as it seems there is no set rules that tell exactly what is verboten and it seems random.

9 Likes Save    
Uptown Gal

Usually check in a couple times of week anymore. The news makes me

angrier than I can bear most days.... without adding what I read here. Our

World is in the toilet. Is anyone, anywhere, happy or proud of anything

anymore? Not even seeing or hearing any hope for the future...not just

here but just about everywhere. I am ashamed of the Country we are

leaving for our kids and don't really know what to do.

chase_gw

It varies but I do have a regular pattern. I'm an early riser, my DH is a mattress grabber, I'm up about 6:30 and spend the time before "himself "'gets up to check my mail, the news, a few forums including this one, FB etc.

Then at night , after dinner and a few favorite shows I'll go to bed and again check my mall, the news and a few forums.

I'm in and out during the day usually checking in because I am housebound for some reason, driving in the car or waiting for an appointment....ie bored.

There are usually only a few threads any given day I participate in, the rest I ignore. Many I don't even open either because they don't interest me or I feel they are purely domestic issues I have no opinion on.

steve2416

First time I've ever had a post removed and I didn't think it was that egregious, but I'll treat it as a leaning experience.

althea_gw

"This forum was made by Spike to relieve the other forums of the political and religious post that were going off topic for those forums."

Don, I thought this forum started after Spike sold GW. He was pretty adamant about his no p & r rule. I only got 1 warning from Spike.

Tilly Teabag

Having read as a lurker/non houzz member for a long time, I wouldn’t blame the gardenweb members for taking Hot Topics entirely to another site.

don_socal

Althea, Spike started it just a few months before selling the site.

Save    
tryingtounderstand

Spending less and less time here. My goal was to glean more understanding of both sides. It’s unfortunate that folk don’t listen to each other. For in some instances, the other side, at times, has wisdom to impart. Sometimes, the coin’s flip side is correct. Hence, one could cherry pick both worlds and create utopia, at least one could imagine what it would be like to have utopia

it appears, to me, that if a party comes up with a great idea, proposition or policy which benefits the country, it will be quickly squashed by opposing the party. It’s as though if it comes from the other side, regardless of benefit, it’s no good and rejected. Each side competes with each other, regardless of right or wrong or cause.

Its also sad, that one does not call out a leader’s shortcomings. Is it not ok, to disagree with the ‘boss’ and still remain employed in the company? In the same vein, one can disagree with one’s spouse (even put up with shortcomings and questionable behaviours) and still remain married. Shouldn’t it be the same with respect to party of choice?

At this point, democrats are all over the map, and in a sense, have merged to far from centre. Unless, they somehow get their act together, choose a strong leader with a strong platform, America and the world will see a repeat of 2016.

Personally I questioned each party’s choice of leader. My thoughts were neither Hilary nor Trump, were “Presidential” enough to deserve the honour and glory to reign over the World’s Most Powerful country.

Now, it seems, that NK, China And Russia may form quite the alliance. A horrid thought indeed. The world, needs a strong America, as she represents the ‘free’ world. Unfortunately, she is somewhat fractured at this time. So this is also in itself frightening.

woodnymph2_gw

TTU, well said.

Kathy

Yikes, TTU so much of what you said is true even though I don’t want to think so. I did think Hillary would have made a great President but I doubt she would have any cooperation from the RW just as they obstructed Obama.

althea_gw

"... a strong America, as she represents ..."

I think assigning a gender to a country is really icky.

tryingtounderstand

“Assigning a gender to a country”...Well she is a part of Mother Nature, n’es ce pas? Hence, her gender (:

althea_gw

I don't think Mother Nature has national boundaries though. Boundaries are human constructs.

tryingtounderstand

Though u are correct re boundaries althea, before humans, she existed.

tony jelly

Althea: is this train of thought really helpful?

My takeaway from the trying manifesto is the notion of 'party'.

We often have 1984 driven at us but supporting The Party has dystopian connotations. Democracy gives us a voice beyond towing a party line. but we don't use it.

"Trump is bad so Obama must be good" is a trap. We may ridicule those who voted Trump but the alternative was more of the same. Trump is not the Messiah, in fact, he is a very naughty boy, but voting for the best of two evils condemns us to do it again.

Capitalism and democracy are enemies, who will stand with democracy and who capitalism will be the choice

Ann

"it appears, to me, that if a party comes up with a great idea, proposition or policy which benefits the country, it will be quickly squashed by opposing the party. It’s as though if it comes from the other side, regardless of benefit, it’s no good and rejected. Each side competes with each other, regardless of right or wrong or cause."

Lots of truth in this. My memory too far back becomes less clear, but I'll bet GW, Obama, and Trump most definitely feel or felt this way. Before that, it seems like cooperation might have been much more common. I think the lack of cooperation has reached it's very highest point now, but maybe we're just on a line/trajectory that will get worse and worse, if that's even possible.

althea_gw

Tryingtounderstand, I know Mother Nature is very common and accepted, and I obviously use it myself. Giving it more thought, I think the Earth would be better described as Omnigender or Pangender. ( I just checked and indeed, omnigender and pangender are real words.) I'm going to say Earth and Nature without a gender from now on.

So, Tony, yeah, those opposites are very problematic in many respects.

tryingtounderstand

Althea, love your thinking (: May I refer to her as a goddess...?

@Ann “common. I think the lack of cooperation has reached it's very highest point now, but maybe we're just on a line/trajectory that will get worse and worse, if that's even possible.“ I shudder where this scenario may lead. The last trajectory led to the horrific civil war and we do not have Lincoln’s wisdom, decorum, intelligence, mannerisms and purposeful unification to guide our nation through another atrocity.

althea_gw

Thanks Tryingtounderstand. Sure, you can refer to Earth and Nature as anything you want, but I'm not sure who this her is you are talking about.

Isn't the point of the board to examine our thinking and maybe reach a new, sometimes unexpected conclusion, thesis -> antithesis -> synthesis? Usually most discussions here end at thesis -> antithesis. Nevertheless, some of us keep coming back, for years and years.

Save    
tryingtounderstand

Her as goddess, is Mother Earth and USA of course.

arthurm2015(Micro-Climate, Zone 10b Sydney, Australia)

I have been "here" since 2007. Got a name change in 2015. In the good old days, the conversations associated with the orchid forum were friendly, though politics were not discussed much.

One problem in the modern world is black and white thinking. A recent thread about roundup ended with a post from a famous member here telling me that it was sad that I used Chemicals in my yard.

Here is one of my pets. A bug eating friend....

Net casting spider

JodiK

Hey peoples! Guess who's back?!

Due to technological issues beyond my control, I've been absent for several months. Finally, I have a workable laptop that should get me by for a while. It still needs some work, but it allows for my presence online, and will allow for my writing and other works to continue. More importantly, it allows me communication with the select few persons I consider my closest friends, and that's what matters.

Hey, Don! Sending positive vibes your way... if there's anything we can do, you know how to contact us. :-)

~~~

As for the subject material, I've been a member for a long time, first using the garden forums to gain more insight and knowledge... and then as a regular contributor to this forum, also gaining insight and knowledge. Since my schedule is so flexible, I can spend as much or as little time reading and responding as I like... as long as my goat kids are cared for, and other farm chores are accomplished,

Coming here used to be a rather fun learning experience, where the exchange of information and opinion, the sharing of ideas and whatnot happened, mostly without the sheen of hatred and division coating so much of everything... but since certain changes, not so much. Now, it seems more of a magnifying glass showing the realities of what some might term the social contract so many fall in line with, and the blind acceptance thereof. In a word, it hasn't gotten prettier or better.

Whereas, I used to spend most of my time here reading and posting when online, I've found there are other places, preferable places to gather and talk... minus the vitriol wrapped in sickly sweetness. I will say, however, that it's still a somewhat usable gauge for checking public opinion and other levels of social interaction and leanings.

6 Likes Save    
Kathy

JodiK, nice to hear from you.

Save    
Ann

:)

Save    
AITG

Lovely to see you, Jodi.

Was worried when I woke to find you gone.

So glad you're in one piece and apparently doing well. :)

Save    
amicus

I usually check in several times a week, comment occasionally, but very rarely start a thread. Any topic of current interest is usually always started by someone else, by the time I check in. I've noticed that momj47 who was a very frequent thread initiator, hasn't been around in several months. I'm sure I'll be around less this summer, when I spend much more time outdoors.

1 Like Save    
heri _ cles

We love you jodik. Glad to see you back. You are such a thoughtful person and a great writer.

2 Likes Save    
JodiK

Wow! Thanks, everyone, for the wonderful welcome back and the kind words! I appreciate that so much!

Yeah, the old laptop finally bit the big one, and since we don't have the funds to run out and purchase a new computer, I had to wait for another to be cobbled together from pack-ratted parts, and a few new pieces! The good part is... it's built to my specs, for my needs.

Do tell... because I'm sure I missed a lot... how have you all been? Healthy and happy, I hope! I've been okay... nothing I'm not used to, health wise. I'm ecstatic that spring is finally here! And I'm about to wean the latest two kids I bottle raised... Brown Sugar and Buffy, two little females that couldn't be more different... Sugar is a little brown firecracker with a loud voice, while Buffy is a beige and white calm, quiet little girl. They're too sweet for words! I just love what I do... raising goats, poultry, farming on a small scale, living out in the middle of nowhere!

So, what's the latest? Who is new, who has left us? C'mon... let's hear the latest gossip! ;-)

3 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

Hey Glad to see you JodiK. Hang around a bit you will see the new and improved forum.

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Hey, Jodi!

Welcome back.

Save    
cattyles

It’s good to see you, Jodi!

Save    
althea_gw

Welcome back Jodi. Good to see you didn't get banned!

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

So, what's the latest? Who is new, who has left us?

Good to see you back in service Jodi, it's hard to tell who's either new, who's gone, or who's who with so many name changes.

2 Likes Save    
AITG

I call it a masquerade.

There was an outbreak of doxing and the defensive measure ensued.

Do I have that right, more or less?

Save    
queenmargo

I am still here Jodi;))

1 Like Save    
amicus

Ohhhh, ok Stan, guess I'd forgotten about reincarnation.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

Welcome back Jodi!

To catch you up, nothing has changed except some names.

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

amicus

Ohhhh, ok Stan, guess I'd forgotten about reincarnation.

Yes, some have at least nine lives. LOL

Save    
cattyles

AITG, no not really.

1 Like Save    
AITG

Ah.

Thanks for that, Cattyles.

If there's something on your nose and you're out in public, it takes a friend, yaknow? :)

1 Like Save    
cattyles

I do know. It’s more involved than that. ;-)

1 Like Save    
JodiK

Thanks, everyone! It's good to be back! And it's nice to be missed. :-)

So, generally speaking... the more things change, the more they remain the same... which is not unexpected, actually, given where we are. A masquerade, indeed!

2 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

Glad you are back, JodiK. A lot of name changes here since you were gone. We seem more polarized than ever now on this forum.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Data Watch Data Watch: Renovation Spending Up for Younger, First-Time Buyers
The 2017 Houzz & Home survey asked 107,000 Houzz users about their renovation projects. Here’s what they said
Full Story
Kitchen Design 4 Kitchen Design Decisions to Spend a Little Extra Time On
These clever ideas from the week’s coverage show how a minor selection can have a major payoff
Full Story
Kitchen Makeovers Couple Renovates to Spend More Time in the Kitchen
Artistic mosaic tile, custom cabinetry and a thoughtful layout make the most of this modest-size room
Full Story