SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_216622249

Builders and Designers Roles

Ray Finer
4 years ago

Hello, we have been in several of the nice "luxury" home in our area and found that a few builders always seem to have the finest home and high quality cabinets, tall ceilings, high quality doors ect ect.

The question I am having is selecting these "high end" homebuilders they subcontract out all of the work and help select high end finishes with interior design.

What I am struggling with is could you have a good quality builder who maybe does not typically do these "high end" homes still build a luxury high end home with fine finishes? If we have a interior design and high budgets for all of the fixtures/allowances wouldn't the builder in essence just be an installer at that point following the designers direction on material and design?

I have a 160k difference between the two builders we are considering with all materials and allowances being equal. I think the lower of the bids builds a very nice quality home on the outside his choices for finishings on the inside are not up to our taste. That is where we are hoping Interior design can help make the proper selections / materials to our taste and our builder at that point really is more of an installer.

We own our lot, have beautiful architecture and and bid set done just looking to pull the trigger on builders now.

Sorry for the new home builder question. Thanks

Comments (28)