SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robotropolis

Whole house colours...where do I start?

robo (z6a)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

So my husband has floated the idea of getting our whole house interior painted next year (after cottage sells, while we are in Florida). It's been seven or eight years and we are hard on the paint (pets, toddler, you get it).

Right now I have quite a mix of colors, from gold in the dining room (never totally loved it), avocado in my entryway, beige in our bedroom, light green in the nursery (which is newer, will probably stay), light grey-green in the basement, etc. Most of the house is yellow-cream (similar to BM Mayonnaise) or off white (BM French Canvas).

TBH I never really liked the cream - it's a perfectly nice yellow-white but turns out I'm not a yellow fan.

I'm basically thinking of doing a most-of-house neutral and picking some colors for special rooms. If YOU were picking a whole-house neutral these days, what would you pick? Is grey over? My friends are mostly painting their house walls white. I don't think I could do stark white. My art isn't THAT nice.

The other factor is that all of our furniture needs a renew--not something I can bankroll all at once but will be happening over time, so furniture is not a huge constraint for me. It also may depend if we sell cottage furnished...if the new owners don't want furniture ours is getting de facto renewed in a hurry haha.

Comments (48)