SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gringo50

trusteer rapport endpoint protection

gringo50
5 years ago

My wife does our household banking online. She has been getting pop ups advising it needs to be updated. Not knowing what Trusteer is, she has been selecting: (remind me later). She doesn't know who or

when it was installed on her computer. Does any of you have any knowledge of this program.

Comments (5)

• azinoh
    5 years ago

https://www.mymoneyblog.com/what-is-trusteer-rapport-software-is-it-safe-legit.html

I found this after googling for 2 min. Sounds like something I would not want. Decide for yourself.

gringo50 thanked azinoh
  • sushipup1
    5 years ago

If she goes thru the bank for online transactions, she should only go thru the bank's portal to anything. This sounds like more trouble than it is worth.

gringo50 thanked sushipup1
  • Elmer J Fudd
    5 years ago

Agree, it's not needed.

gringo50 thanked Elmer J Fudd
  • gringo50
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I'm thinking maybe one of the local banks she is using has installed this program on her machine without her knowledge. I checked her programs and features and found it there. It was installed 3/3/2019. She will have a meeting with reps. of the two banks and find out if either of them installed the program. I will keep you posted.

• gringo50
    Original Author
    5 years ago

FYI....This program is used by my bank but they told my wife it was not intended for individual accounts, just commercial/investment type accounts. We attempted to uninstall with Windows uninstall program. I could not uninstall. Used Revo Uninstaller and it was no problem at all. At this time, everything working perfectly but bank could not explain why it was on her computer.