SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
srb2398061

I'm SO frustrated with Inogen oxygen concentrators!

Anglophilia
5 years ago

Not quite two years ago, I started using supplemental oxygen. I quickly realized that I needed a very light weight portable unit to use when I leave the house. I found that Inogen made the lightest one that could go above 2 liters oxygen (theirs goes to 3 liters in their lightest one). It was about $2800 and no, Medicare did not pay a penny. I also bought a stationary unit to use at night - did not want to deal with one of the oygen rental companies in my area - hear constant complaints from people at pulmonary rehab. It's not working quite right, either, and hasn't since I got it. Multiple phone calls about it were met with "shrugs".

I've nothing but trouble with this thing. Their customer service leaves a great deal to be desired, and their warranty never covers what quits working. On late Monday (about 5PM) it showed that it was "hot" and I turned it off. Then a light came on that said "replace columns". I called Customer service and got someone hopeless. Called again and got a very nice young man who appeared to be knowledgeable. We agreed that I need to have the stationary unit replace. The new one has to come by UPS Ground and I will have to be here and we switch out mine for the new one and they return the old one.

In the meantime, I needed a new battery and new columns for my portable unit. The rep assured me that their last UPS pick-up was at 8:30 that night and they would go out then, if I paid $25 shipping. Since I needed this and Tues was a good day for me to receive it (it requires a signature), I agreed to pay the extra fee.

Of course, it did NOT go out (from TX) on Monday night - it went out late on Tues and finally arrived at 4PM this afternoon. This meant that I had to do two errands today with no oxygen. Yes, they DID have to be done today as this is when my yardman is here and he must carry things in for me.

So, this evening, I went to install the new columns and charge the new battery. I carefully followed the instructions for the column replacement. When I was finished and turned it on, the sound didn't sound "right" and the screen kept saying "still waiting". I called Customer Service and they had me try a couple of things, none of which worked. This is their "24-hr" customer service and they know next to nothing and cannot do a replacement order.

So, tomorrow AM, I will call yet again and see what they can do. I have to go to pulmonary rehab (they provide my oxygen while there), but I had errands to do and I have a hair appointment on Fri. I know they will not re-ship this in order for me to get it even by Fri - probably on Mon. I can't be without my portable concentrator that long. They had assured me when I bought this that I would NEVER be without my oxygen. They lied.

If you need supplemental oxygen, you might want to avoid Inogen. Their products are unreliable and their Customer Service is totally unacceptable for someone who must have this in order to leave the house and breath. Actually, I would have to stay in my bedroom to use any oxygen at all as my tank is stationary and weight 25 lbs (I can hardly carry it around the house with me!).

GRRRRRRR......

Comments (8)