Fox has to cut away from Trump: Incoherent rantings

SeaHorse

Fox News on Wednesday abruptly cut away from a press conference held by President Donald Trump in San Antonio, Texas after the president began rambling incoherently about fences and trucks.

“If we had the wall, the good people will not be able — you’ll see them on the other side of the wall,” said Trump. “Number one, they won’t come, because they’ll say there’s no way of getting through. Right now they think there’s a way to get through. And the people back home never hear about that, they start to walk. They tell them Houston’s half a mile away, but it’s 300 miles. It’s desert."

“This is a vast state, it’s a vast area. You look at it, the state’s tremendous,” said Trump, who seemed genuinely stunned that Texas occupied a large land area. “I come from New York. You have Fifth Avenue and that connects you to Park Avenue, its not too far away, but this is hundreds of miles between places.”

The president veered into incoherence after one of his guests at the presser described confronting several strange men dressed in black on his front porch one afternoon.

“They’re very expensive fences, but they don’t want to go through the process of going through the fences, so, again, they wait until the fence is open, the gate is open. They wait at the gate and they kill people,” said Trump. “They want to take the truck, a lot of times they don’t even want to go to the house, they want to steal the truck. So you always go to the gate in doubles.”

“It’s been going on for many years, it’s coming up, I’m bringing it out,” Trump continued. “And these people are coming into our country, some are dying during the walk. Many of those people I’ll bet are very good people, but some are dying during the walk. Many, many have died. That is what surprised me.”

“Okay, you’ve been watching the president down there in Texas,” said host Dana Perino cutting back to the studio, “doing something I think is smart.”

SaveComment62Like
Comments (62)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catspa_zone9sunset14

Poor Dana, what else could she say???

1 Like Save    
roxanna7

Ye gods. WHAT will it take to rid our country of this imbecile? When is enough going to be ENOUGH? Sounds almost as if even FOX is beginning to wonder.

This POTUS really should not be allowed to talk extemporaneously. Or be let off a leash, with a muzzle. Or procreate -- oh, wait.

Too late, dammit.

Le sigh.

13 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

Maybe he's really a poetry slam artist plying his trade.

10 Likes Save     Thanked by SeaHorse
studio10001

I worry: if he ever has a stroke, how will we know?

24 Likes Save     Thanked by SeaHorse
leona_2008

^^^Maybe he'll sound smart?

14 Likes Save     Thanked by SeaHorse
patriciae_gw(07)

Oh ouch Leona!

4 Likes Save    
Louise McCarthy

I am sincerely hoping that stroke will happen sooner rather than later. Like yesterday. He will likely blame President Obama.

4 Likes Save    
roxanna7

Louise - I do try not to wish harm on others, but I am seriously considering making a little Trump effigy and hunting for my straight pins....

5 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Someone get him to a neurologist......stat!

4 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

Thank you for the laugh everyone!

a poetry slam artist.....I cannot stop laughing and I don’t even know what that is! Must be something only extremely smart people can do.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

This thread proves how much HATE the left has.

The left has turned into a lynch mob.

Save    
margaux

As a Trump supporter just said in another thread:

Let the smearing begin. Anything goes. This should be fun.

7 Likes Save    
Tilly Teabag

A number of times I’ve wished there was a downvote button, as on some other sites.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

elvis- I am sorry, but wishing Trump and his supporters death, and illnesses as we both have been is over the top disturbing.

1 Like Save    
Tilly Teabag

Not to mention magical thinking. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Save    
cattyles

Disturbing!

Give Shakespeare a spin. This one is fun:

”Thou odiferous unwash'd hugger-mugger!” Shakespeare

6 Likes Save    
Tilly Teabag

That stinks.

1 Like Save    
elvis

wishing Trump and his supporters death, and illnesses as we both have been is over the top disturbing.

Yes, I know. Just leave them to it, I'm going to. It's poisonous.

3 Likes Save    
josephene_gw

What can you tRumpsters expect.

tRump gives us so much fodder.

2 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

I don't wish Trumps supporters death and illness, I with them to be enlighten. Wake up. vomit out the Kool aide This man is impaired. don't follow him.

13 Likes Save    
queenmargo

I don't wish Trumps supporters death and illness, I with them to be enlighten.

You say you don't ,but I do not see you condemning those that did.

2 Likes Save    
Tilly Teabag

Cattyles, Like this?

Save    
queenmargo

But that's not her style.

LOL- true dat!

1 Like Save    
leona_2008

Geeze. Didn't someone recently ask about an age limit?

1 Like Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Well, heck. This thread sure went into the drainage ditch, and I was wondering something about the OP. How did:

“This is a vast state, it’s a vast area. You look at it, the state’s tremendous,” said Trump, who seemed genuinely stunned that Texas occupied a large land area.

become "Our country is full!" within hours of each other. Or was it the other way around, and the country was full, but there is now vast amounts of open land available?

Maybe only Shakespeare knows the answer.

8 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Sort of surprised state teevee is bothered by incoherent.. that is the brand.

Perhaps Donnie wasn't yelling loud enough.

5 Likes Save    
Mattie

And how about this!

National Enquirer expected to be sold imminently as parent company faces pressure over tabloid's efforts to help Trump win in 2016

American Media Inc. is actively seeking to sell off the National Enquirer, according to three people familiar with the process who asked not to be named because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

The decision to sell came after the hedge fund manager whose firm controls AMI became “disgusted” with the Enquirer’s reporting tactics, according to one of these people.

American Media has been under intense pressure due to the Enquirer’s efforts to tilt the 2016 presidential election in favor of Donald Trump, who is a longtime friend of American Media’s president and CEO. His supermarket tabloid have also been embroiled in recent months in an unusually public feud with Jeff Bezos, who also owns The Washington Post.

In August, just as AMI and two of its top officers were finalizing a non-prosecution agreement with federal investigators, the company’s board of directors started looking for ways to unload the tabloid business “because they didn’t want to deal with hassles like this anymore,” another person said.

The company was also facing financial difficulty as it sought to refinance more than $400 million in debt earlier this year and as the Enquirer’s circulation continued to decline, along with broader newsstand trends. The paper sold an average of 516,000 copies per issue in 2014, but that number fell to 218,000 in December, according to data compiled by the Alliance for Audited Media.

The decision to sell the tabloid resulted from pressure applied by Melchiorre, according to two of the people familiar with the discussions. He was motivated partly by the financial difficulties of the tabloid business, but also by his distaste for the Enquirer’s tactics. A representative from Chatham declined to comment, and Melchiorre did not respond to a call seeking comment.

The tabloid has long been known for its questionable methods; in 1977, it published a photo of Elvis Presley’s corpse on its cover and sold close to 7 million copies. In 2007, in possibly its highest journalistic achievement, it broke the news of then-presidential candidate John Edwards’s extramarital affair with Rielle Hunter, partly by having its reporters hide in the bushes to gather evidence.

Save    
SeaHorse

It seems that when the right wing can't cover up for donald they must distract from him.

Donald is not fit for office. He is mentally incapacitated.

8 Likes Save    
Mattie

And this!

Inside the spectacular fall of the granddaddy of right-wing conspiracy sites

In the feverish heyday of the “birther movement,” conspiracy-hungry readers swarmed to a website called WorldNetDaily for the latest on the specious yet viral theory that President Barack Obama was not born in the United States.

The site’s founder, a conservative Internet pioneer who’d once been labeled by the Clinton White House as part of a right-wing media conspiracy and was known to sport a pistol on his hip in the office—saw bigger things. Years earlier he’d launched one of the first large-scale digital newsgathering operations; now he wanted to be a player in Christian-themed movies and book publishing, churning out titles by big-name conservatives, such as anti-feminist Phyllis Schlafly and future House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.).

A decade later, that realm is being sucked into a tornado of unpaid bills, pink-slipped employees, chaotic accounting, declining revenue and diminishing readership, according to interviews with more than 25 former employees, shareholders, company insiders and authors associated with the firm's flailing publishing units, as well as a review of hundreds of internal documents, including emails and financial statements obtained by The Washington Post.

Less than two hours after Farah’s wife, Elizabeth was contacted by The Washington Post, WND posted a story saying Joseph Farah had recently suffered a serious, previously undisclosed stroke.

Once a niche juggernaut with a devoted following and dozens of employees, WND has undergone a dramatic transformation. The site has left behind its upscale offices in Chantilly, Va., and now operates remotely via a small group of staffers scattered around the country. Farah wrote in a WND column in January that most of his staff is gone.

While his company was reeling, Farah kept coming up with new plans to salvage it. In late 2018, he became entranced with bitcoin, the digital currency.

Bitcoin couldn’t save WND, either.

This month, Farah was once again asking for money and railing against the tech companies he blames for his site’s troubles.

“There is no end in sight,” the founder wrote. “There are only three forces on Earth powerful enough to take on this hateful, un-American, left-wing, anti-God monopoly — this new Tower of Babel. Those three forces are God, the U.S. government and you, the American people.”

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

This is homeland security folks...for all the people who have been up in arms over hillary having some 'confidential' documents on a private server, I'd think they'd be even more up in arms over this agency with critical oversight role being as leaderless as it is. I can't see how anyone of any party can see this as a good thing.

8 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Terrible thing.. but it worries the libs so LOL!!!

5 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

Thank you, Annie.

DHS is weak, dt gaming the system with acting leadership, too much bickering here on HT and too much bickering in our government. Too much wasted time resisting an unsuitable leader. Yep, it’s a recipe for disaster. As a country, we are crippled.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by SeaHorse
Mattie

Trump doesn't need no stinkin' Cabinet secretaries

He'll do it all himself, with Putin's help, of course

Save    
paprikash

Putin Proof Please

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Maybe pap is right guys.

Surely if our enemies were in any way in control the last thing they would do is systematically cripple our national security.

9 Likes Save    
paprikash

Cripple national security? Talk to Obama/Hillary/Loretta/Eric and their FBI and CIA

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

putin proof? How about trump siding with putin over our own intelligence agencies on an international stage? How about his talk against montenegro which was part of a russian propaganda effort at the time...or the same thing with poland invading belarus...where did that come from? russia. How about it was putin who suggested the US stop joint military exercises with S. Korea and trump obliged? How about trump delaying and then lifting sanctions on russia? Moreover, he's been obstructing the very investigation into how russia interfered in our election! How about trump doing *nothing* to stop or prevent russian interference in the US elections? How about trump turning over the entire security apparatus of the US embassy in moscow to an ex kgb bud of putin's? How about how trump and the wh have allowed *all meetings with russia* to be first announced by russia so they get the initial messaging and only then the US follow on.

7 Likes Save    
Kathy

Annie, thank you for your thoughtful and knowledgeable posts that spell out important concerns so succinctly. Logic is hard to come by in this chaotic world. Let’s keep our eye on the ball. Dems have to pull their country out of the ditch for the benefit of all Americans. It seems the country is thriving on the drama contrived by Trump over discussion of logical solutions to the problems we face as a country.

5 Likes Save    
leona_2008

putin proof? How about trump siding with
putin over our own intelligence agencies on an international stage? How
about his talk against montenegro which was part of a russian
propaganda effort at the time...or the same thing with poland invading
belarus...where did that come from? russia. How about it was putin who
suggested the US stop joint military exercises with S. Korea and trump
obliged? How about trump delaying and then lifting sanctions on russia?
Moreover, he's been obstructing the very investigation into how russia
interfered in our election! How about trump doing *nothing* to stop or
prevent russian interference in the US elections? How about trump
turning over the entire security apparatus of the US embassy in moscow
to an ex kgb bud of putin's? How about how trump and the wh have allowed
*all meetings with russia* to be first announced by russia so they get
the initial messaging and only then the US follow on.

trump supporters should get their answers ready for when their children and grandchildren start asking how they could have ever supported him. Might want to prepare for the climate-change denial questions too.

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Might want to prepare for the climate-change denial questions too.

We will just point at AOC. She said they left their countries to escape from it.

Now you know why I LOL so much, lol

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Poor donald has become one of those blabbering crazy people you cross the street to avoid.

4 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

He's an idiot. The miracle continues ... that he is still in any position of authority is clearly a miracle.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

The safest way out for Trump is to be declared mentally incompetent. Otherwise the day he leaves office he is likely to be arrested for crimes they couldn't indict while he was in office.

Right now his sister resigned as a judge because of tax fraud investigation committed by her and her siblings when their father died.

7 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

"We were frightened for 8 looooong years. Thanks be that it is over!"

Yet you are unable to address the specific weaknesses of his administration. (There were many.) You simple repeat small things and short quips that expose nothing.

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Safest way out is for him to resign for health reasons.

We'd then have a vacancy in the VP:

"The Twenty-fifth Amendment states: Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress. Thus, in the absence of a majority the candidate would be denied the office."

Save    
Kathy

I doubt Trump cares what happens if he can get out safely. What a mess he is going to leave. My opinion is the sooner he is out the better.

Two more years. Pence would never be elected President after that. As much as I don’t like him I doubt he is as unhinged as Trump and his cabal.

1 Like Save    
petalique

This needs to be repeated — often.

Annie Deighnaugh

putin proof? How about trump siding with putin over our own intelligence agencies on an international stage? How about his talk against montenegro which was part of a russian propaganda effort at the time...or the same thing with poland invading belarus...where did that come from? russia. How about it was putin who suggested the US stop joint military exercises with S. Korea and trump obliged? How about trump delaying and then lifting sanctions on russia? Moreover, he's been obstructing the very investigation into how russia interfered in our election! How about trump doing *nothing* to stop or prevent russian interference in the US elections? How about trump turning over the entire security apparatus of the US embassy in moscow to an ex kgb bud of putin's? How about how trump and the wh have allowed *all meetings with russia* to be first announced by russia so they get the initial messaging and only then the US follow on.

8 Likes Save    
HU9999

Two more years. Pence would never be elected President after that. As much as I don’t like him I doubt he is as unhinged as Trump and his cabal.

I agree that Pence is not the incompetent moron Trump is. However, I disagree that he would never be elected. I think Pence would have a much better chance of winning reelection than Trump does. And that puts us in a really bad place.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo
So much winning!
2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Margie

"We were frightened for 8 looooong years."

-----------

What exactly were you frightened of with Obama?

2 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Well, the Texans thought Obama was going to declare martial law and then declare himself president-for-life!

They had lots of nightmares over that one.

Kate

5 Likes Save    
tryingtounderstand

This thread, WOW!

Question, if a family member or friend who u love and care about, does or says something wrong do you not call them on it? In other words, if your party member/leader behaves or says something wrong, why not call them on it. It doesn’t mean you don’t support or care about the person. It also does not mean the liaison will be ruined nor end. Is this not ok to do in politics? If not, why not?

I hate to bring up Canada, however, we have no problem calling a spade a spade, Including ‘beloved’ leaders.

1 Like Save    
Emily H(9)

There have been many comments removed from this thread. Take a look and if some were yours, please recognize that they were either A. Inappropriate in and of themselves or B. Responding to and/or quoting inappropriate posts.

Please stay on topic and that topic should not be other members of the community.

Save    
elvis

Question, if a family member or friend who u love and care about, does or says something wrong do you not call them on it?

If it's my liberal sister-in-law, no. I change the subject to pesto-making or the like. It's simply not worth the stress it causes her.

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Mission not accomplished because I am going to bring back up the OP which has to be what on earth is wrong with Donald Trump. People who have to talk a lot for public consumption can make misstatements and get temporarily lost in their sequence of thought but this sort of thing with Trump is unnerving. It goes well beyond any other rambling I have ever read or heard. I would make a bet that he is using some sort of drug. I don't rule out some underlying dementia especially in view of his father but this is gibberish that comes and goes. I do not like Trump on his good days. I believe his policies if you can call them that are not good for the country or the world. I think he is easily manipulated by people with agendas in areas he doesn't care about, people like Miller but this spouting gibberish is of a different order. Something is wrong.

7 Likes Save    
Kathy

He seems to watch TV and read conspiracy websites and it all turns into a mishmash along with what people like Miller and others are telling him. He is nothing more than a willing victim to his own impulsive behavior. This is not a man who should be controlling a country. I only hope we survive him.

6 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

tryingtounderstand

This thread, WOW!

Question, if a family member or friend who u love and care about, does or says something wrong do you not call them on it? In other words, if your party member/leader behaves or says something wrong, why not call them on it. It doesn’t mean you don’t support or care about the person. It also does not mean the liaison will be ruined nor end. Is this not ok to do in politics? If not, why not?

^^

I would press but any further, no.

We are adults, and all raised to know right from wrong. I wouldn't tell them what they already know. If they know and they support what is wrong anyway- that says it all.

This is a test of character and morality.

If a person fails there isn't a thing I can do so I won't waste the time.

I feel extremely lucky not to have found myself in this position, thank goodness for my sane conservative family and friends.

3 Likes Save    
Emily H(9)

There have been more posts removed now that continued to discuss other users and/or were about posts being removed instead of the topic. This thread is now moderated - meaning all posts will go into review before being posted. This is not a sustainable solution for all threads in this topic, so I would encourage those that engage in disruptive behavior (and this is not a one-sided endeavor at all) to stop that behavior.

You may notice many accounts have been removed over the past few months. Some of those users have returned (Yes, I do see you) and continued the behavior that resulted in their removal and were removed again. Some have done this enough times that stronger measures were put in place to keep them from participating.

Those measures can be and will be applied to even more accounts, if the personal attacks don't stop. This topic exists for the sole reason of allowing the other topics about home design, landscaping, etc, to not be disrupted by the kind of topics you all enjoy discussing with each other. However, if those discussions can not take place without insults and name-calling, there will be many more removals of community members and content.

3 Likes Save    
Mattie

Putin Proof Please

From Fox News

Mueller did not exonerate Trump – Barr acted as judge and jury. Now Congress needs to do its job.

Politics abhors a vacuum and Attorney General Bill Barr filled it Sunday when he tried to exonerate Donald Trump using the “Mueller report
as a fig leaf. Barr acted as judge and jury in a three page letter
deeming Trump’s innocence without any evidence, explanation, or even the
Mueller report itself

First, let me start with a fact. We have not seen the Mueller report.
Let me repeat that…We have not seen the Mueller report. Not one page.
Not one paragraph. Not one period. Nothing. So, we have no idea what is in it, what Mueller did, what Mueller said, and what, if anything, Barr used from it to make his decisions.

Speaking of decisions, if Barr is to be believed – and that’s a big if – then Mueller wrote a report that didn’t make one decision regarding any crimes he examined. Is this possible? It is hard to believe and highly unusual, if true.

The only reason Mueller would take this approach is to adhere to the Department of Justice policy, not a law, that a sitting president cannot be indicted. If that’s the case then it is possible Mueller wrote a report that laid out evidence about his examination of the Russian interference into the 2016 election and Trump’s role in it, which was his charge, and the evidence that he uncovered was provided as a road map for Congress to review these matters and take action.

High crimes and misdemeanor versus a legal standard that, even if it was met, couldn’t be used to indict a president. That was the choice in that situation. It is the only explanation for Mueller’s actions if indeed that is what he did. If so, despite his intentions, then Mueller’s decision to play by the rules, even the 21st-century version of them, with people who don’t believe in rules, like Trump and Barr, was a miscalculation of epic proportions. Mueller likely thought Congress would get the report and act on it. That is not what happened Sunday. Instead, Barr used the opportunity to give Trump a temporary public relations advantage that isn’t based on the Mueller report.

Given the long-standing concerns about Trump and Russia, many of them in plain sight, it is even more puzzling that Mueller didn’t find some evidence of conspiracy or obstruction as Barr claims.

Most Americans saw Trump appeal to Russia to find Clinton’s 30,000 missing emails during the campaign, on national TV no less, and then, lo and behold, they watched as WikiLeaks released troves of emails.

Most Americans saw Trump repeatedly deny having any business interest in Russia during the campaign, yet he signed a letter of intent for a Trump Tower Moscow during the primary campaign in 2015.

Most Americans saw Trump fire Comey, who was leading an investigation into him, and admit in a national interview that he did so because of the “Russia thing.” Trump then bragged to Russian officials, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavarov and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, in the Oval Office that his Russia problems were over now because he fired Comey...and shared highly classified information with them too.

Most Americans have seen all the meetings between Trump and Putin, official and unofficial, defending Russia but not the United States. In almost every economic and foreign policy matter that involves Russia, Trump takes Putin’s side, as in his desire to end NATO. Now, why would he do that?

The only way to answer these questions, and more, is to make the Mueller report public. All of it. All the evidence. Every document, every interview, every transcript, every tape, everything should be provided.

That shouldn’t be a problem. After all, Donald Trump said he wanted the Mueller report to be made public. At CPAC, Donald Trump, Jr., stated that he wanted all of the Mueller report to be public, without redactions.

Most Republicans want the report to be public too. Representative Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, has been adamant about it. So too has Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., former chair of the House Intelligence Committee. After all, we might finally find out why Nunes went running to the White House in the middle of the night after reviewing some surveillance files about the matter. Surely Nunes still wants the Mueller report to be made public.

92 percent of the American people want the Mueller report to be made public. With that kind of bipartisan support, the Mueller report should be made public this week.

In fact, Congress voted 420-0 to make the Mueller report public. Naming a post office doesn’t get a vote like that one.

Save    
foodonastump

I am sorry, but wishing Trump and his supporters death, and illnesses as we both have been is over the top disturbing.

To me it’s in bad taste. But it’s of no consequence. Now giving a deranged man - the leader of one of the most powerful nations no less - a free pass on every insane utterance that comes out of his burger hole, that can have global consequences. I find THAT disturbing.

8 Likes Save    
SeaHorse

It's beyond disturbing.

Save    
Tilly Teabag

margievank

“Might want to prepare for the climate-change denial questions too.”

“We will just point at AOC. She said they left their countries to escape from it.

Now you know why I LOL so much, lol”

you live in a climate that has mild Summers. Those of us having extremely hot Summers , droughts and wildfires that break all records, are no longer laughing.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides What We Can Learn From the Minimalists
Discover the power of simplicity and how to employ a less-is-more approach in your decorating scheme
Full Story
Small Spaces Life Lessons From 10 Years of Living in 84 Square Feet
Dee Williams was looking for a richer life. She found it by moving into a very tiny house
Full Story
Industrial Style Kitchen of the Week: Style Trumps Ease in a San Francisco Loft
What’s a little ladder climbing when you’ve got a gorgeous-looking kitchen design like this?
Full Story