SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pootyihl

Amarillo

DawnInCal
5 years ago

Hubby has accepted a job in Amarillo from mid-May to mid-June. I'm thinking of joining him for a week. Looking at Trip Advisor, it appears that there is quite a lot to see and do in Amarillo, but it's always good to hear from people who have first hand experience of an area.

I know we have many Texans on the board as well as many travelers, so thought I'd ask what y'all would recommend as must see/must do in Amarillo. I understand that the weather can run to extremes of hot and cold and that it is windy in Amarillo, but it's like that here too. I'm used to that kind of weather. I've never been to Texas and would like to see at least part of it; this seems like a good opportunity to do that.

Keep in mind that hubby will be working and I will be on my own during the day. If I go, I will rent a car in order to get out and do things by myself and we will see each other for dinner in the evenings. It's possible that he may be able to take one day off while I am there. That would be the day to do activities that are more couple related.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (12)