SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
krisbry

Exerpience with sofas from Maiden Home?

Kristin S
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We’re building a house and going to need to replace at least one sofa. I learned about Maiden Home and am intrigued. Does anyone have experience with them? How is their quality? I want sofas that will last, not need replacement in 10 years. For comparison, my other sofas are CR Laine (which we’re keeping) and a 20 year old Ethan Allen sectional (likely being replaced, as the size doesn’t work.)

Comments (689)

• sfmommy01
    last month

Thank you so much, @Xty G (z4). I’ve visited Crate and Barrel so many times recently but haven‘t seen that particular sofa. Have you been given an estimate of how long it will take to receive it? I realize everywhere is taking forever. Thanks again!

• J k
    last month

All, as i wait for the MH sofas - scheduled for early Nov, just received my Room & Board chairs in walnut....they look so good in my room and are extremely comfortable - they enhance my picture window overlooking the deck.

• Related Discussions

family room help needed

Q

Comments (7)
    Get the pix uploaded so we can see the space. Not every piece has to be top shelf. For instance: here are sofa and loveseat from Wayfair. It is leather-matched which means all the parts you touch, seat cover, arms, back, etc are real leather. Money is saved by dying a vinyl the exact color to trim off the back side. The set is $1400.00 and Wayfair has an affordable monthly pay program. Sofa is a three seater. I think this blue is a lovely tone with which to work. Walls: a light gray with blue undertones: B.M. Iced Cube Silver This accent chair is $166.00.
    ...See More

Who makes the better quality sofa/sectionals?

Q

Comments (7)
    I've personally purchase from them and am impressed with the quality but I've only had it a year. However, it's held up to two crazy kids and a dog and still looks brand new, which is saying a lot cause I got a light color. No sign of wear and incredibly comfortable. I got the Caitlin. I plump up the back cushion maybe once every few months and the seat fabric isn't saggy or loose at all...if that gives you an idea. Plus their return/exchange policy is amazing, not to mention their stellar customer service. Can't recommend them highly enough!
    ...See More

AllForm Modular Sofa experience vs. other Comfortable sectionals

Q

Comments (1)
    IMO if comfort is a big issue then go sit on sofas until you find one you like , there is no way to guess comfort from a picture.
    ...See More

Quality Furniture - Sixpenny, Maiden Home??

Q

Comments (2)
    we have the sullivan and some other pieces from maiden home and are very happy with them. 8 way hand tied springs, reviews, made in north carolina and the fabrics were what stood out for us. the quality of construction and durability is great - it really looks and feels like a luxury piece of furniture 2 years later. sixpenny we looked at and passed on - i think its nice enough but just not in the same league from a quality/luxury standpoint (made in china, the fabrics just dont have the same hand etc)
    ...See More
  • Xty G (z4)
    29 days ago
    last modified: 29 days ago

sfmommy01, i put my order in this morning and the estimated delivery time is about 18 weeks, but i am mentally prepared for it to take longer. Most C&B stores have the regular Gather collection on display, but only some have a piece or two from the petite Gather collection. (i called around to quite a few stores.) The regular Gather collection has a seat depth of 27” which we felt was too deep for our needs. Both the regular Gather and the petite Gather come in ”apartment size” versions as well as the standard size versions.

I was told by every sales person I talked to in the various C&B stores I called that it was best to order from an actual person in their stores rather making my order online so then I have a specific person to contact about delays/problems. The sales person who took my order also gave me 15% off!

My search for a sectional has taken me 2+ years am so happy and relieved to finally have put in my order!

• mmydesign
    29 days ago

Any recommendations for dining tables and chairs? Recognize this is the maiden home thread but i'm looking for a Maiden Home equivalent brand in dining! High quality/design, with good value -- not a fan of the big box C&B, Room and board, williams sonoma options which feel generic and a bit lower on the quality spectrum. While i do like the RH design not a fan of the price point (who is!) and am a bit skeptical on the underlying quality.

Help greatly appreciated!!

• Muneit O'Brien
    29 days ago

@mmydesign ive never bought anything from them but Lulu and Georgia has that high end california casual vibe that MH has.

• mmydesign
    29 days ago

@Muneit O'Brien Thanks a bunch! I did look into them originally when was looking at sofas before I found Maiden Home but found that for their sofas at least they used a much cheaper frame construction as well as fabric/cushions vs MH. Will take a look another look at their dining though!

• Audrey Salgado
    29 days ago

Anyone have a Dune in Alabaster or Harbor, and/or a Warren in oatmeal? I’ve ordered the three, but know it’s so hard to know what the actual colors will look like based off of just a 2x2 fabric sample.

• mmydesign
    28 days ago

we got an extra slip cover for our dune in harbor - like and seemed true to the sample it but dont have it on the sofa right now so can't take a picture for you.

• Muneit O'Brien
    28 days ago

@mmydesign would love to see your dune as it is now. What fabric and color do you have on?

• Julie Glanton
    28 days ago

Some positive news, just got an email saying my Sullivan sofa delivery has been moved up from 12/24 to mid November. (Originally delayed from mid October to 12/24.) They are working on getting their supplies. It was nice to hear from them.

• sfmommy01
    26 days ago

Thank you for all the helpful information, @Xty G (z4). I’ve been searching and researching for quite a while too. Our current sofa was made so well (20+ year old Rowe) and I’m not finding that same quality. I need to know I’m not spending thousands on something that will last 3-5 years...we don’t roll like that! It sounds like another visit to Crate and Barrel would be worth it! Thanks again.

• lawlerni
    23 days ago

Dune sectional arrived today! Creme performance linen and it’s beautiful! Back cushions are pretty stiff but I expect them to loosen up.

• secilys
    23 days ago

That looks great! We are waiting on ours!

• HU-612283798
    21 days ago

@matthew - How is the Crosby holding up? Choosing between it and one from C&B, which is probably not as sturdy.

• HU-612283798
    21 days ago

@marchontoni - How is the Crosby holding up? Is it comfy? It will be our main giant sectional, so I'm researching options, and this is in the final pool. Thank you!

• Q&K
    20 days ago

@lawlerni what size is your Dune sectional? We ordered the 101" left chaise version a week or 2 ago, along with a 100" Dune sofa as well. Delivery estimate is Nov29-Dec13

• Cecil S
    18 days ago
    last modified: 18 days ago

@mrs_vcb I just about to order Dune in Nickel when I saw your post. Your sofa is the same color . I've been wanting to see a picture so thank you for posting. Is the color really light gray? The fabric sample is not doing it for me.

• alisone82
    16 days ago

This post has been extremely helpful. Thanks for everyone's input.

Sofas have anywhere from immediate availability to 6 months wait depending on what sofa, fabric, and company you go with. Just spoke with West Elm yesterday and they told me if I ordered yesterday, I would be looking at Christmas delivery.

This feed has solidified my interest in Maiden Home sofas - I love the fact that it is made in NC and quality seems amazing.

Considering I'm 5 foot 10 and my husband is 6 foot 4, it sounds like we should go with the Sullivan instead of the Warren. It's too bad you can add seat height to the sofa for the taller folks, because I love the lines of the Warren.

Has anyone purchased the Hayes or Mercer chairs from them? I love the look of both, but the Hayes concerns me on comfort. Any thoughts much appreciated.

• mrs_vcb
    16 days ago

@Cecil S Hi! Yes, the fabric is really light gray. everyone that has seen it in photos and in person thinks it’s white 🤷🏻‍♀️ i wish it was a tad bit darker

• Christi Ahmad
    15 days ago

Hi! I’m deciding between a Crosby and a ludlow. I am concerned about the arm rests for both, the crosby armrests seem high and ludlow seems too low. Can anyone give me advice based on their experiences? Is the ludlow comfortable to lounge on especially if the sofa will be the main lounge/sitting area ? Does it feel too deep to where you can’t sit with your feet on the floor comfortably ?

And for the Crosby do the armrests feel to high up and uncomfortable to rest on ? Thank you !!! I’ve been on the hunt for a sofa for so long now and would love any help or pictures of how your maiden sofas are holding up.

• adernburg
    15 days ago

So I found this thread because I'm wondering what's up with the Dune I ordered in May. Estimated delivery was Aug. 26-Sept. 9 but I just checked the status and it said "Your order was successfully cancelled." Anyone else have a similar experience? A little concerned...

• secilys
    15 days ago

Adernburg, how did you track the status? I ordered and have no log in to track status.

• tcjones310
    14 days ago

Has anyone seen a similar couch to the design of the Sullivan that they’re considering? I know Pottery Barn and Arhaus have a similar style, but the production time is much longer

• secilys
    14 days ago

Tcjones. The quality is better than PB.

• kevsu2002
    14 days ago

ycjones310 - Huntington House has a similar one with slopes arms but they don't bench seats.

• RTP730
    14 days ago

I was so excited about Maiden Home but ended up being really disappointed. I ordered the Essex bed back in May and it was supposed to be delivered in Sept/Oct. During the decision making process, they were so quick to respond to my emails when I had questions. Once I placed the order, I got zero communication about my order so in early August I emailed them to check in knowing things might be delayed (which I was ok with, just wanted an update). I sent probably 6-7 emails over the course of two weeks to every email address I could find for them (support, sales, design team, etc) and got no response from anyone. We finally found a phone number and called and cancelled our order; it’s nerve wrecking enough to order a product sight unseen but then to experience lack of communication about the order put me over the edge. After cancelling, I started getting emails that my order was in production and will be delivered early October 🤷🏽‍♀️ Seems very disorganized and again, I was so sad because I was so excited about them and was expecting to order many more pieces in the future. In the end, we ended up ordering a different bed from Room and Board who have always had 5 star service, amazing return policy and also has beautiful American made furniture.

• adernburg
    14 days ago

@secilys, after I placed the order I got an email with the subject "Your order is in production" and a link to a page where I could track it. I did hear back from them this morning - they said they are looking into what happened and should get back to me by next week. Not very comforting after paying in full for the sectional! I hope it works out...

• mmydesign
    14 days ago

Looks like maiden home is launching a dining collection! excited to see it as ive been struggling to find a good high quality option for counter stools!

• kevsu2002
    13 days ago

Sullivan double chaise in graphite arrived today. Ordered early May and estimated delivery times were changed multiple times, which is fine. Delivery company communicated well and the guys were good.

This is a new layout for us and I decided on the double chaise so I could rotate the chaise cushions as I'm concerned how those spots will wear.

The fabric is pretty rough and prickly, according to my kids. They're pretty mad actually. HA.

I included a photo of myself so you can see where it hits my shoulders, I'm 5'6. It does not come up as high as I was hoping and if it weren't for the chaise, I'd find this unlounge worthy. The seat depth and back cushions just aren't there to make it a lounge type couch. Hopefully it will get better.

Also, according to the label and some Googling, it was made by Temple Furniture.

• 22k22
    13 days ago

That's strange. I'm 5'7 and my Sullivan is completely lounge-worthy! Everyone who has sat on it in the past 10 months raves about it. Sorry you don't like yours. :(

• Lori L.
    12 days ago

@kevsu2002 is that performance linen in graphite? The color is beautiful!

• kevsu2002
    12 days ago

Yes. The color looks great. I am going to hold on making comments about comfort for now. The seat depth is measuring in at 221/4in, not 25. I am already in contact with the Company.

• alleda
    12 days ago

@Moni Chim - If you’re still following this thread, will you comment on the seat depth of the Sullivan?

• Matthew
    12 days ago

A few people asked for an update on our Crosby sectional. It’s a mixed bag.

The piece looks gorgeous and attracts tons of compliments.

Unfortunately, the performance has not match appearances. One leg of the sectional arrived with a cracked frame that makes it fairly loud noise every time you sit down on it. It’s been an unpleasant experience coaxing Maiden Home to make good on their quality promise.

Despite sending them ample videos and photos showing the defect, they dragged their feet and wasted weeks waiting for a repairman to come visit our home and inspect the couch. After they realized they couldn’t find a repairman in our area, they finally agreed to remake half of the sectional.

We are now several months into the 12 to 14 week wait for the replacement to arrive.

We have a lovely, broken sectional.

More to come…

• Dani Dak
    7 days ago
    last modified: 7 days ago

Finally got my warren sectional after waiting for a long 21 plus weeks but i have to say it was worth the wait! its beautiful, big, comfy, and just what we were looking for! we ordered it in the performance velvet midnight and the color was exactly what i wanted for my space!

• J k
    7 days ago

@Dani Dak, i like your sectional - i have order warren 85" in the same fabric and it does look very good in your sectional.

Which chairs did you use? They look compact and comfy.

• Dani Dak
    7 days ago

@J k the chairs are from world market! I LOVE them- they are incredibly comfortable and swivel as an added bonus.

• J k
    7 days ago

Thanks @Dani Dak. I bought myself the room & board solid walnut chairs....but i do like yours.

• Lori L.
    7 days ago

@Dani Dak, thank you for posting! It is beautiful! The color looks great in your space. Now I'm even more excited to receive ours which I ordered in Perf. Tweed Salt 123" x 98. Hopeful to have by Thanksgiving. So glad you love it!! I hope delivery was great?

• tsellis71
    7 days ago

Dani Dak, love the color. I went with the denim in the performance velvet on the Sullivan. Waiting for the white glove delivery call.
    Seeing yours makes me even more excited.

I’m beginning to think this thread should be renamed Maiden Home support group. Haha.

• Dani Dak
    7 days ago

@Lori L. the delivery was good and on time!

• tcjones310
    7 days ago

@Dani Dak that color is beautiful!

Can anyone tell me how many inches off the ground the warren sits?

• HU-812040596
    4 days ago

Just got a thomspon canopy bed with the boucle white headboard and a jones modular. very impressed with both - i didnt know i had a dream bed but this is my dream bed!

glad to have found this community.i wish id known about their dining launch before we ordered our dining table and chairs from mitchell gold bob wiliams (which we only now realized are cheap veneer and not made domestically). happy shopping all!

• Muneit O'Brien
    4 days ago

@HU-812040596 I would love to see if you have a picture! ive had my eye on both!

• alleda
    4 days ago

@HU-812040596 Did you get the Jones modular in Boucle as well? I’d also love to see pics of your bed and couch!

• rowmee
    3 days ago

I ordered the Jones modular in Boucle! It’s in transit but delayed again unfortunately. If anyone has a picture in Boucle fabric. Please upload!! Thanks!

• alleda
    3 days ago

@rowmee - I love the Boucle! Please post pics of yours when it arrives. I think it’ll be gorgeous!

• Bia Martim
    yesterday

Hi everyone, the delivery scheduling window for my Sullivan sectional is 9/9-9/16. I haven’t received a call or email yet. Does anyone have any insight on what to expect? Did they call on last day? Was it an email that went to spam? Any insight is appreciated. Thank you

• tsellis71
    yesterday

Hello Bia, I received notice of delivery sept 3-9. On sept 8th I received an email say it would be the week of September 20th. Email
    Stated that a driver shortage in my area was the reason. FYI I live in Ohio. So I to am waiting for that call/email/text as well.

• Bia Martim
    15 hours ago

Yup just got the email “Your order will arrive to the local delivery team shortly, and undergo its final inspection before you are contacted to schedule. Unfortunately, we will not be able to hit the delivery window we originally targeted for you, and now estimate you will be contacted by the week of October 4th.

To explain this delay: the nationwide driver shortage has significantly impacted our network of specialized furniture carriers, who hand-carry each of our pieces to our customers’ homes. We are seeing longer than expected transit times across the country, but are working closely with our partners to expedite each of our customers’ orders.” :(