SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eliselm_2000

Paint advice! SW Peppercorn or SW Mink?

Elizabeth Keough
4 years ago

Hello! After going through more than 50 shades of grey to find the perfect complement to our Copacobana black, white and grey countertops and Polar white cabinets in our open floor plan kitchen, we've identified Light French Gray as the best choice in paint depth and complements the gray tones in our counter. We will paint Light French Gray the entire open space (Living room, Kitchen, adjoining hallway and stairway to the second floor). We have lots and lots of windows--our open living room is open to the second floor with 2 sets of French doors and windows lined above along the two exterior walls. (attached pictures of the living room and kitchen).

I would like to paint the far wall of the adjoining living room (the wall with TV and paintings) a deeper color to make it recede a bit as the room isn't super large. I am contemplating SW Peppercorn or SW Mink for this wall. I think going Tricorn Black would be a bit too much for my husband, but a rich deep grey could be the ticket. Floors are a wide plank light white oak--Hurst Hardwoods Arizona - fairly balanced yellow and grey tones. Furniture upholstery is a mix of soft white & soft gold. Two oversized colorful oil paintings with bronzy gold frames. Rug is TBD.

Any thoughts on this pairing? I think they are both beautiful and I'm having trouble deciding.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (3)