SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
srjohn82

Seeking opinions regarding SPC and WPC luxury vinyl planks

S.
5 years ago

Help! We have gutted the 2nd story of a 100+ year old downtown building and want to make it our retirement apartment. It's just over 1600 sq.ft., long and narrow; planning on 1 bedroom, 1 office/study, 1.5 baths, laundry room, mechanical room, kitchen, living/dining area and solarium. Trying to keep it low maintenance so planning to floor it almost entirely with luxury vinyl planks (wall-to-wall carpet in only the master bedroom). My question: knowing the solarium (enclosed 3-season room) should be floored with rigid SPC vinyl, should I continue with SPC vinyl throughout or should I use WPC vinyl for the interior living space (which I understand to be more comfortable underfoot and more sound absorbing)? Thinking about using matching Mannington Adura Rigid and Adura Max planks. Also, any opinions on which direction to lay the planks? Thanks a million!

(Note: still in tweaking phase - powder room layout may flip around and a few wall lengths may change but, basically, this is it; windows only in front and back of building, skylight in kitchen and office, some Solatubes in hall and master bath.)

Comments (2)