The crow has been plucked, the oven on pre-heat...

vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

...but it's not yet cooked to be eaten. I said that I'd trust the Mueller report and stand by it. Just need to see it first and hear directly from him on the details of his investigation, hopefully via open questioning by congress. The Barr summary is lacking detail, to put it lightly.

You trumpsters have to admit (as did the WH lawyers) that the Barr summary was better than they thought it would be considering collusion. They sounded a bit surprised and relieved as you probably do too taking into account the extenuating circumstances of so much lying about russian contacts, meeting russians in trump tower for Hillary dirt, manafort polling data transaction with russian, etc. Sounds like collusion, or at the very least an earnest attempt at it. trump and his supporters may feel vindicated or perhaps even feel like they got away with something and are sighing with relief today, congrats.

This report of course is just 2 layers of the cake (C&O), meanwhile Mueller divided up the other layers to be baked by various state prosecutors and are yet to be determined. For the most part these tangent layers deal with the following the money parts.

Is this trump's finest hour? We'll see...

SaveComment50Like11
Comments (50)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
margievank

and the spin continues.....

3 Likes Save    
sheesh(5b)

Are you getting dizzy, margievank?

Save    
margievank

Are you getting dizzy, margievank?

NOPE, I am jumped up tickled to death cow kicked me over the moon;)

3 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Spin? just being honest. If I were to "spin" I be claiming that the Barr summary is a whitewash to gloss over the truth and that his main goal is to save the repub party from a trump death spiral, etc etc. There is No spin in my post, just looking for more detail from the horse's mouth.

17 Likes Save    
Chi

I admire your willingness to stand by what Mueller finds vgkg! I'm curious if that will change your election decisions next year?

My hypothesis is that most people have already decided and I don't think this report is changing many minds. Trump is polarizing in that I don't think there are many neutral people left.

3 Likes Save    
margievank

Chi- You don't find that sickening, that the FAKE dossier, has ruined many lives?

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

I’d be surprised if it changes many votes. Are there pepole out there who didn’t like Trump just because they thought he colluded? Now if it had come out the other way he might have lost some votes. But I don’t see him gaining votes with this outcome. I could be wrong.

9 Likes Save    
althea_gw

Firstly, it is wrong to assert that anyone who wasn't onboard the collusion train is a Trumpster. Secondly, there are more "gates" in the already in the making like Barrgate, Mueller Reportgate. My bet is that the full report will never be released allowing for years of speculation.

Save    
palisades_

It may change votes if the Democrats keep on with the wild goose chases and not putting their energy on pressing issues that people want.

1 Like Save    
catspat(aka)

I think you are right, FOAS. Trump supporters seem to think the reason Trump hasn't gotten traction and had more success is because of the Mueller investigation "cloud" hanging over him. Well, there's way more than one cloud (on personal, legal, and political fronts) and people previously opposed aren't very likely, at all, to swing over to supporting him because of this. There are many headwinds coming down the pike, too.

10 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

Chi- You don't find that sickening, that the FAKE dossier, has ruined many lives?

~~~~~

I think these claims of FAKE have to stop. It can't be both ways -- FAKE and then Just. Mueller found reason to charge Trump colleagues. Whose lives were ruined -- those found guilty? There have been convictions. This whole thing wouldn't have started if there wasn't smoke emanating from Trump's connections, colleagues. Russia did interfere in the election whether it was successful or not. Mueller followed the threads impartially. We haven't seen the full report but if this is all that was found we are still left with a president, lacking judgement at the least!, who has chosen these people, not one -- many. A president who denigrates our institutions -- except when they come down on his side. He can't have it both ways either!

19 Likes Save    
althea_gw

Vgkg, on the good side, Marshall said he would start posting again after Mueller issued the report.

4 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

I too look forward to seeing Marshall chiming in again Althea.

I admire your willingness to stand by what Mueller finds vgkg! I'm curious if that will change your election decisions next year?

Thx Chi, as for the 2020 election, it might be a choice between pense and who knows who at this point. trump is still a schmuck no matter how one slices him.

7 Likes Save    
soupgirl53

Let the Trumpsters crow. They had a good week.

I said I'd accept the conclusions of the Mueller report and that's still the case. However, I want to read as much of the Mueller Report as possible and so should every member of the Congress. I hope the members of Congress read the Mueller Report objectively because it will contain some troubling information about Trump and the Trump campaign that requires some follow-up. As one example, the Barr Letter indicates that the Russians made several overtures to the Trump campaign to assist them with respect to the 2016 election, none of which were accepted by the Trump campaign (which was a good thing for Trump); however, that leads to more questions. Did the Trump campaign report any of those overtures to the FBI? If not, why not? Did anyone in the Trump campaign lie about no contacts between the Trump campaign and the Russians and if so, why?

5 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Has the dossier been proven to be fake?

PS: haven't yet seen a clear statement clearing Trump and / or the campaign and / or his key advisors.

I still trust Mueller. Haven't seen much of his report - just a few phrases.

4 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Interestingly it is being reported that Mueller advised Barr three weeks ago that he, Mueller, would not be offering a conclusion on the obstruction charges but that the evidence did not exonerate Trump. Not could not...would not

What was Mueller' reason for saying that?

Because he knew that the DOJ would not indict a sitting President?

Because Barr had made it clear he did not believe a sitting President could be charged wth obstruction?

Because he didn't believe the obstruction charges reached the level of criminal obstruction but believed it enough for a political charge?

Why? Mueller needs to testify before Congress. This needs to be cleared up.

12 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

This is from Saturday:

Nancy Pelosi Vows To Reject Classified Briefing On Mueller Report

The House speaker said any briefing must be unclassified so that members of Congress can talk publicly about the findings.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nancy-pelosi-mueller-report_n_5c96d94de4b0a6329e179096

"...“Now that Special Counsel Mueller has submitted his report to the Attorney General, it is imperative for Mr. Barr to make the full report public and provide its underlying documentation and findings to Congress,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said in a joint statement.

Pelosi also held a call with her caucus Saturday afternoon, in which she vowed to oppose any classified briefings for members, according to a person on the call. She said any briefing from the Justice Department must be unclassified so that lawmakers are free to talk publicly about the findings....

...Although the lack of further indictments was a relief to President Donald Trump’s allies, the investigations will continue. Federal and state prosecutors are still pursuing about a dozen probes that largely grew out of Mueller’s work, and Congress continues to look into matters surrounding Trump.

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, made the case for his continued inquiry in a statement Friday.

“Pursuant to the Special Counsel regulations, Mueller’s report is likely to focus on his prosecutorial decisions and may not shed necessary light on counterintelligence findings of profound significance to our committee and the nation — whether the President or others around him have been compromised by a foreign power,” Schiff said, adding that by law, “the evidence he has uncovered on all counterintelligence matters must now be shared with the House Intelligence Committee, whether it resulted in indictment or not.”..."

Save    
steve2416

Like Chi, I'll vote for the candidate that brings honor back to the US and the White House.

10 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Exactly what chase said. Something is fishy with Mueller not being able to decide if there was obstruction or not( per msnbc this morning) and leaving it to Barr to detrrmine.......he's knows the law....either he obstructed or he didn't. And we know what should-have-recused- himself Barr will "determine." Right now Mueller and his report are coming across quite mamby pamby, and I don't think Mueller is. We need to hear directly from him...one way or another.

5 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

I agree with chase and joanie. I believe we have not heard the last of Mueller. Can't he be subpoenaed? From what I understand, Barr was already biased, being Trump's man.

3 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

So why did Mueller tell the DOJ 3 weeks ago that he wouldn't make a decision on obstruction of justice?

4 Likes Save    
althea_gw

Today on Democracy Now!, Glenn Greenwald lays it down. Lets hope it stays down.

"GLENN GREENWALD: This is the saddest media spectacle I’ve ever seen, since I began practicing journalism in 2005. And what makes it even sadder is to watch all of the people who vested their journalistic credibility into what proved to be a complete and total fraud and scam continue to try and cling to some vestige of credibility by continuing to spin conspiracy theories that are even more reckless and more unhinged than the ones to which we’ve been subjected for three years. The great journalist and writer Matt Taibbi wrote in an article over the weekend, and I agree with him completely, that as humiliating as the media debacle was leading up to the Iraq War, what they did over the last three years in the Trump-Russia story makes all of that look like a pimple. Even though obviously the Iraq War was much more destructive because it led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people, the errors and lies and falsehoods and recklessness and speculation that we’ve been subjected to, over and over and over, that Robert Mueller just definitively debunked, is far more humiliating journalistically, far more unjustifiable journalistically. And who knows where it will lead to? It’s ratcheted up tensions between the two most dangerous nuclear-armed powers in the world, Russia and the United States, that the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists says has brought us to two minutes before midnight on their Doomsday Clock. So it’s also been extremely dangerous in ways that we don’t yet know.

Let me just say two things. Number one, everybody knows—and I don’t care how many people try and rewrite history—that the central question that everybody was obsessed with for three years was: Did Donald Trump, his family members and his aides conspire and collaborate and collude with the Russians to interfere in the election? And contrary to what David just said, it is absolutely false that Robert Mueller simply said there’s not enough evidence to convict with a reasonable doubt. He said something much, much, much, much more important than that. He said that after 20 months of investigation, with a huge team of FBI agents and prosecutors, heralded as being the most aggressive and skilled in the world, we found no evidence that this happened. That’s what Robert Mueller said. The whole thing was a scam and a fraud from the beginning. And The New York Timesheadline today says that as clearly as it can: Robert Mueller finds no collusion between Trump and Russia. That was the focal point of the entire narrative, no matter how much people try and change the focus.

The second point, this idea that, “Oh, we haven’t heard from Robert Mueller yet, we’ve only heard Bill Barr’s summary of him,” yes, that’s true. But Bill Barr has been friends with Robert Mueller for 30 years. They come from the same Republican circles in the Department of Justice. They both worked together at the Bush Justice Department, the Bush 41 Justice Department. All we heard for 20 months is that Robert Mueller is a man of the greatest integrity and patriotism. The idea, the very idea—just think about this—that he would allow Bill Barr to run around making false and misleading distortions about what the Mueller team found, and not one person on the Mueller team, including Bob Mueller himself, would stand up and say, “Wait a minute, he is distorting what our findings was,” that is laughable. That’s exactly the kind of conspiracy theories that led to this entire mess in the first place, and we should no longer tolerate this. Rachel Maddow and MSNBC are the Judy Millers of this story, except, unlike Judy Miller, who was scapegoated for doing things that her male colleague did and had her career destroyed, Rachel Maddow will continue to make $10 million a year for NBC because she’s their most valuable brand, and there will be no reckoning and consequences for this story that the media got radically, fundamentally and deliberately wrong for almost three years now in a very dangerous way."

"GLENN GREENWALD: Well, let me just say a couple of things. First of all, prior to Bob Mueller’s appointment, I was calling for a full-scale investigation in which all of the facts at the conclusion of the investigation would be publicly revealed, so that we would stop having to rely on media leaks that the CIA and the NSA and the FBI were engineering and manipulating and lying to us, as we now know, so that we could see the full picture. So I continue to believe that we should see the full Mueller report. I support that completely.

Secondly, let me say, as well, that I believe that Donald Trump is one of the most corrupt people ever to occupy the White House. I am certain that he’s guilty of all kinds of crimes—war crimes as president, financial crimes as a business person. One of the reason why those of us who were so angry about this obsession on Russia and collusion, aside from the fact that it was so dangerous to ratchet up tensions between two nuclear-armed powers this way instead of trying to forge a peace between these two countries, is precisely because it took the oxygen away from all of the things that the Trump administration is doing that is so damaging, in lieu of this idiotic, moronic, Tom Clancy-type espionage thriller, where we were talking about Putin blackmailing Donald Trump with pee-pee tapes and Donald Trump being a Russian agent since 1987, which was a cover story that was on New York magazine, that Chris Hayes put on MSNBC. Just all kinds of moronic conspiracies, that we love to mock other countries’ medias for circulating and disseminating, drowned out our airwaves and our discourse for three years, preventing us from focusing on the real, substantive damage that the Trump administration is doing and that Donald Trump’s corruption entails.

But the reality is, the media chose to focus on this. Everybody knows this. David Cay Johnston was on your show, Amy, a week ago, and he said, “Donald Trump, I believe, is a Russian agent.” We now have a full-scale, 20-month investigation by somebody that everybody agreed was a man of great integrity who would get to the bottom of all of this, who had full subpoena power. And David keeps trying to imply, which is totally false, that all that Mueller said was, “Oh, it just doesn’t rise to the level of criminality.” That is not what he said. He said, after 20 months of a full-scale investigation—which, by the way, included hours of interrogating Donald Trump Jr. before Congress, all of the transcripts of which were made available to Mueller, which he could have prosecuted Trump Jr. on for perjury and obstruction had Donald Trump Jr. lied about anything, but he chose not to. He said, “After reviewing all of this evidence, I am concluding that this did not happen,” not that it doesn’t rise to the level where I can criminally prosecute. He’s saying there was no collusion.

The game is over, and it’s time to be honest about it. And the more we try to cling to this and invent new—you know what it reminds me of? In 2003, when the neocons finally had to face the truth that there were no WMDs, that they had fabricated that, that the media had misled millions of people around the world for years, and they started saying, “Um, maybe Saddam hid them in Syria. Maybe they’re buried in places we just haven’t looked yet.” It’s time to face the truth. The media got this story wrong. They obsessed on this for three years, and all this time there was no evidence for it. It was just a conspiracy theory. Rachel Maddow, the most influential liberal TV host in the country, every single night misled millions of liberals into believing something that was totally false, and there will be no media consequences for it. And that is extremely grave and serious, no matter how much is true about how corrupt Donald Trump is in his financial dealings or any of the other stuff that people are now trying to deflect our attention onto."

"AMY GOODMAN: Glenn Greenwald, I want to ask you to imagine for a moment if this investigation didn’t happen for the last three years, or whether it did but the press didn’t pay it much attention until Mueller came up with his results, as he has now, what the press could have been doing. You alluded to it in the last answer, dealing with issues. For example, we’re moving into the 2020 presidential election now. Coming out of the defeat of Hillary Clinton, what could the media have done, if it wasn’t saying it was simply stolen from her, but exactly what the policies the Democrats were representing that might have led to her defeat?

GLENN GREENWALD: Right, that’s the question. Why did millions of people vote for a complete joke of a game show host? And how did the Democrats lose the presidency to one of the most embarrassing spectacles of a candidate in U.S. history? What is the prevailing ideology of the ruling class that has turned millions and millions of people, and to this country, into such angry citizens that they either refuse to vote or vote for the person who promises to burn down the entire system? Why are they so angry? What has happened to their economic security? What ideology and what group of people are responsible for that? What has Donald Trump been doing in realigning the United States away from the Western Europe and to Saudi despots, and the collusion that actually happened, which was from the Israeli government during the election in order to undermine Obama’s policies? All those kinds of questions could have been asked and should have been asked, but it all got drowned out because we were all so much more fascinated by this superficial, kind of very appealing and melodramatic espionage thriller, that has completely destroyed the credibility of the U.S. media and so tragically vindicated Donald Trump in a way that probably is the greatest gift that has been given to him throughout his entire presidency."

cont'd

Save    
althea_gw

"GLENN GREENWALD: Yeah, that’s the tragedy of everything that just happened. I mean, David and I have known each other for many years. We have respect for each other’s work. I mean, I’ll be presumptive enough to say that. I certainly have respect for his. And part of the reason why I find this whole thing so tragic is because all of the things he just named, that do deserve attention and investigation, have received none, because completely drowning out all of that has been this utter fairy tale.

But let me just say one thing about this idea that he’s a Kremlin asset or that we need to find out what his relationship is with the Russians. We just had a 22-month investigation where the media and Bob Mueller did nothing but look into that exact question. He’s saying it like nobody’s ever asked this before or nobody’s ever—we have the answer. And as for him being a Russian asset, it’s so irresponsible to say that, because the reality is that the conflict between the U.S. and the Russians are at a worse and higher level than they’ve been in many years, probably decades.

How can you say Donald Trump is a stooge of the Kremlin when he’s right now trying to remove one of Vladimir Putin’s client regime states in Venezuela? Or when he’s trying to bully Angela Merkel out of buying Russian natural gas, probably the thing that’s most important to the Russian economy? Or when he sold lethal arms to the Ukrainians, something Obama refused to do on the grounds that it would be provocative to Russia? Or when he bombed Putin’s client state in Syria? Over and over, the Trump administration has taken actions far more adverse and aggressive and belligerent to the Russians than the Obama administration did. That’s why this whole narrative that Trump all along was being blackmailed by Putin, that he’s an asset of Russian intelligence, this is idiocy. It is completely irrational. It is contrary to all facts.

And Bob Mueller’s investigation, who spent 22 months examining that core question—what is the relationship between Trump and the Russians?—concluded that there is no relationship. It’s time to stop these dangerous conspiracy theories that are ratcheting up tensions between the two most dangerous countries on the planet. The reality is, the Trump administration has been constantly belligerent to Putin, has constantly acted adverse to the Kremlin’s interests, and there’s zero basis for thinking or believing or finding evidence to assert that Trump in any way is beholden to Vladimir Putin and to Russia. The whole thing has been a joke and a fairy tale from the start."

"GLENN GREENWALD: Well, that’s been the other critical point this entire time, is this kind of melodrama over the outrage that any country would dare to interfere in our sacred and glorious democracy, when, as Noam Chomsky just pointed out and has spent the last 40 years pointing out, the United States has done very little since the end of World War II but going around the world and interfering in every single democracy that they can find, literally, including the country in which I’m currently living, which is Brazil, where they overthrew a democratically elected government in 1964 and then proceeded to impose a military regime for 21 years, and also Russia, where they openly boasted about helping to elect Boris Yeltsin because he would privatize everything and that would be good for U.S. industry, or even agitating anti-Putin resistance in parliamentary elections under Hillary Clinton’s reign as secretary of state.

This doesn’t make it right for Russia to do it, but we’ve never kept in perspective the fact that interfering or meddling in other countries’ elections or governance is not some grave, aberrational, never-before-heard drama that the entire world has to stop and lament and put an end to. It’s normal business. We’re currently, right now, in the process of trying to change the government of Venezuela openly, and have done so over and over around the world. And that’s why Noam Chomsky says that all of this moral outrage of Americans at the idea that somebody would interfere in or meddle in our democracy has made the U.S. a laughingstock to the hundreds of millions of people—billions, in fact—who live in countries where the U.S. has done this and far, far worse for decade after decade after decade."

"GLENN GREENWALD: David is right that there was a big difference between Obama and Clinton when it came to foreign policy. She was very critical of Obama for not being more confrontational with Putin, for refusing to bomb Syria, for refusing to send lethal arms to Ukrainians, for working with Russia on the Iran deal. I side with President Obama. He was absolutely right that Hillary Clinton would have been extremely dangerous, because she wanted to be way more provocative and belligerent toward Russia. And I’m very glad she didn’t get that chance to do that. That would have been very dangerous for the world, although the Trump administration is doing it now.

As for Chelsea Manning and WikiLeaks, the Trump administration has made no secret of the fact that they want to prosecute WikiLeaks for the crime, in their eyes, of disclosing confidential documents—one of the gravest threats we can imagine to press freedom. Chelsea Manning’s torture, being put back into solitary confinement, is trying to squeeze her to say things that aren’t true, to let them prosecute WikiLeaks. And all of the journalists who have spent three years claiming to be so worried about the threats to press freedom are utterly silent about what the Trump administration’s real threat to press freedom is, which is this attempt to prosecute WikiLeaks and Julian Assange, abusing Chelsea Manning to do it, in order to criminalize journalism, which is the publication of top-secret documents that journalists do every day. And I hope that gets way more attention."

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/3/25/as_mueller_finds_no_collusion_did

1 Like Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

NY Times oped: By unilaterally concluding that Mr. Trump did not obstruct justice, the attorney general has made it imperative that the public see the Mueller report.

11 Likes Save    
judeNY_gw

His obstruction was/is visible to anyone with brain cells. Does it make it OK because he is doing it openly?

5 Likes Save    
Cookie8

"Today on Democracy Now!, Glenn Greenwald lays it down. Lets hope it stays down."

It was an absolute excellent interview. I listened earlier today.

2 Likes Save    
sableincal

Glenn Greenwald made a clear, strong statement; I was positively proud of him! I often disagree with the agenda of Democracy Now, but this was excellent. I am no supporter of Trump, and neither is GG. But setting up a phony charge - when there are clearly large, legitimate issues - just does not make sense. And so he called it out.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

No one wonders why BackChannel Biden hasn't declared yet?

Save    
lily12

I kinda think it's funny how tRump and his cult suddenly like Mueller. Before they were a band of 28 angry Democrats on a witch hunt and now they're heroes.

3 Likes Save    
how2girl

At the end of the day Mueller’s a republican. Hmmmm

Save    
Lisa

I wonder if the demos are going to eat rump steak now.

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Barr an Mueller are best friends. Have been for many years. Barr would not have done something that went against his friends recommendations. We will see the report. At least everything that the law allows. Trump is calling for the release of the report as well. And hopefully we'll also see the documents and FISA warrant applications which were the genesis of this investigation.

Save    
chase_gw

Mrs, yes they are friends but first they are professionals. There is no way their decisions were predicated on their freindship. Barr has stromg views on whether a President can obstruct justice. He believes they can't. There are also guidlines that say a President can't be indicted.....but they can be charged in the political sense.

It has been reported that Mueller advised Barr three weeks ago that he would not...would not , not could not.....recommended obstruction charges but would leave that to Barr. Barr chose not to while leaving in the statement that Mueller did not charge obstruction but the report did NOT exonerate Trump.

The American people deserve to know why Mueller left the charging to Barr and why Barr chose not to.

ETA when I say charge I mean as in "accuse" not as in "indict"

3 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Seeing now that Barr is saying "weeks not months" to release the devil in the details I'm placing my cold plucked crow in the freezer and turning off the oven to save on my electric bill. Will fry up some fish for dinner since things are beginning to smell fishy anyways.

10 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

It's getting stinkier every day.

5 Likes Save    

It is interesting to see that some people appear to assume that cronyism and unprofessional behavior is so common.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

That crow is still going to remain in the freezer until Mueller testifies before congress. If anything only the crow's 2 wings have been examined closely. Collusion (not for lack of trying) and Obstruction (surely not for lack of really "trying" hard). His 400 page report is damning and I want to hear Mueller either confirm or refute Barr's conclusions.

That being said, the long range 18/14+ outlook for trump is quiet gloomy. 18 months until the election and 14 ongoing Mueller spin off investigations, plus whatever congress proceeds to investigate, most of which involve "following the money". So you trumpsters can enjoy your little happy dance while it lasts (2-3 days?) just as you did after the Kavanaugh confirmation when you were convinced that the 2018 election would be a red wave. By the time 2020 arrives the trump tree will be whittled down to a stump under the weight of investigations.

BTW margo, when I posted this example of spin above as "...If I were to "spin" I be claiming that the Barr summary is a whitewash to gloss over the truth and that his main goal is to save the repub party from a trump death spiral, etc etc.....", apparently it's not spin now. Barr is protecting the repub brand from going down with trump. If Barr pulls the plug on the other Mueller related investigations (as trump is surely pressuring him) then that tops it off. I don't think that Barr will be that stupid, but who knows.

As for the silly notion of investigating the investigators, that will go nowhere now after seeing the 400 page report and Barr knows it. There was plenty of reason to start the investigation, if nothing else just the fact that trump staff refused to carry out his potentially law breaking orders is good enough reason, never mind team trump's collusion and obstruction activities.

So dance in the streets while you can trumpsters, watch out for the speeding bus, this is far from over.

12 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Sessions launched the investigation into the investigators et al in late 2017.

No one in the administration is talking about it. Not talking about IG Horowitz's findings either. They just clamor for new investigations.

I keep wondering if they think Sessions protected Hillary. And I wonder why Ryan's House didn't do more about investigating the investigators.

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Pro Trumper's read something.

From Jayne post.

Trump told the White House counsel to lie

President Trump ordered the top White House lawyer to lie to special counsel Robert S. Mueller III. That is one difficult-to-escape conclusion of Mueller’s 448-page report, released to the public in redacted form Thursday. Telling another person to lie to investigators is obstruction of justice. So why isn’t the obstruction case against Trump open and shut?

The wrinkle is that the president did not order White House counsel Donald McGahn to lie merely to Mueller. Rather, Trump told McGahn to lie to the entire country — including Mueller. The only thing that distinguishes Trump’s order from a textbook case of obstruction is that Trump sought to include 330 million additional listeners in the lie.

Trump’s order to McGahn to carry out a coverup is the biggest bombshell in a report full of damning disclosures. Mueller’s analysis of that episode is the closest that the special counsel comes to concluding that the president committed obstruction of justice. It’s certainly one of the lowest points of a presidency that has stooped to many lows. And it should be the focal point of media coverage and congressional investigations in the coming days, weeks and months.

Obstruction of justice requires three elements: an obstructive act, a nexus to an official proceeding and a corrupt motive. Mueller’s report recounts the allegedly obstructive act in detail.

McGahn rebuffed the president every time, but that does not exonerate Trump. An unsuccessful attempt to obstruct justice is obstruction, nonetheless. Nor can Trump plausibly argue that his order to McGahn was facetious. Trump did not tell McGahn to lie just one time. Instead, he issued this instruction on four separate occasions — three times through others, once directly.

2 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

If Barr pulls the plug on the other Mueller related investigations (as trump is surely pressuring him) then that tops it off. I don't think that Barr will be that stupid, but who knows.

But who's left to stop Trump from pressuring Barr?

1 Like Save    
cattyles

It’s time for John Kelly and anyone involved in that anonymous letter to speak up.

10 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

"But who's left to stop Trump from pressuring Barr?

From all appearances trump & barr are in direct contact, or might as well be. The only thing stopping barr would be his conscience and what ever integrity he has left. When one puts party over country there's no limit on what they might do.

9 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

History has shown us what will happen. Nixon! There is no question what is going to happen. In the end the clown will be living the WH either standing and walking out waving or carried out. But he is going. He is not intelligent enough to stop that fact the govt that has been in place since 1789, He cannot even read one page of words so nope I have no fear he will be cooked along with his oranges.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

Other than some of the media and HT, most people care very little about the Russia investigation. But hopefully they will notice that the dems care about nothing else. It could mean a clean sweep for republicans in 2020.

Save    
numbersjunkie

Other than some of the media and HT, most people care very little about the Russia investigation.

Is that that Fox tell you?

FYI, the media runs stories that get ratings. If no one cared, they would be off in another direction very quickly.

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

The Russia stuff is now one of many reasons why trump is unfit.

2 Likes Save    

This from George Conway's article in the Washington Post:

"...Mueller couldn’t say, with any “confidence,” that the president of the United States is not a criminal. He said, stunningly, that “if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state.” Mueller did not so state...."

5 Likes Save    
chase_gw

That statement is quite stunning. His supporters simply choose to ignore that which they don't want to know.

Save    

Hubby has said that it's not necessarily a choice, that it is impossible for some of the president's supporters to grasp this.

1 Like Save    
HU9999

I agree with your hubby, carol. It's a method of self preservation. And it leads to serious confirmation bias. It's why they cannot read the report, cannot read any stories printing excerpts and won't read the ones posted here.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Outdoor Projects How to Get a Pizza Oven for the Patio
New project for a new year: Light a fire under plans for an outdoor oven and claim the best pizza in town
Full Story
Fun Houzz One Guy Found a $175,000 Comic in His Wall. What Has Your Home Hidden?
Have you found a treasure, large or small, when remodeling your house? We want to see it!
Full Story
Product Picks Guest Picks: The Coastal Kitchen
When summer heat means your kitchen is like ... er, an oven, let these pieces bring in the freshness of a sea breeze
Full Story
With quality custom window treatments and the best window treatment designers in Long Island, we have you and... Read More