SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wamom3

Main floor makeover, new to us home

wamom3
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello, We bought this house for the view and the amount of light. Windows along the north, east and south exposures. I have never lived in a home with this much sunlight. Plan to keep the kitchen cabinets and flooring, carpeting and red oak doors. Need new living room furniture, dining room furniture. The wall for the TV is at a 45 degree angle. The blind in the large window under the half moon window hides the tennis court next door. The living room area and dining room are open to each other. LR size approx 18 x 16, DR approx 11 x 10. The table in the DR photo is for scale (3 ft x 6 ft) Need ideas for interior paint colors. Plan to keep the oak buffet in dining room, willing to stain or paint it. Plan to keep the light wood dining set in the kitchen eating nook area. My husband would like an espresso colored dining table, but I am concerned since it is so close the to light wood table in the kitchen eating area. We will replace the counter tops, but was advised to wait to be sure the paint on the cabinets holds up well. It is BM feather gray. The range and microwave are stainless and black. The dishwasher and refrigerator are white under magnet covers from the prior owners. We live in a waterfront community in the pacific northwest. I think we would like a coastal casual look. I am really lost as to where to start and would welcome advice.

Comments (17)